+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Survivor1

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
When is going to be our turn starting 2019. We are so happy for all 2018 applicants who got DM and COPR.

is there anyway to expedite the process. If getting the PR is very important and is related to professional qualification. If one has proof of it. Please suggest seniors anyone ever tried or seen someone.
No brother.. even as a protected person, u get all rights.....my PR application is still underway since july 2018.....as a protected person, i have completed my masters degree getting osap and paying canadian student fee.....and from this september, i m starting my phd....it is okay that PR makes you permanent resident, but even as protected person, u r fully capable enough to accomplish anything u want.
Leave PR process at its God's mercy and focus on ir otherwise development.

Noraalzomor

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hello everyone!
Can someone please provide me the address of Abu Dhabi office?
I read that I am supposed to receive an email from Abu Dhabi visa office but I didn’t? (I received the letter on 7th of August)

levenscan

Oct 30, 2018
No brother.. even as a protected person, u get all rights.....my PR application is still underway since july 2018.....as a protected person, i have completed my masters degree getting osap and paying canadian student fee.....and from this september, i m starting my phd....it is okay that PR makes you permanent resident, but even as protected person, u r fully capable enough to accomplish anything u want.
Leave PR process at its God's mercy and focus on ir otherwise development.
not all rights. some jobs require PR; banks require PR for credit cards or loans (good that PC Optimum not); my husband tried to enroll in the paralegal program in Seneca and he couldn't because even with the domestic fees he is considered as an international student and needs a study permit. We were surprised when we were told that for any legal program there are no procedures to get a study permit, therefore he needs to wait for PR.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
not all rights. some jobs require PR; banks require PR for credit cards or loans (good that PC Optimum not); my husband tried to enroll in the paralegal program in Seneca and he couldn't because even with the domestic fees he is considered as an international student and needs a study permit. We were surprised when we were told that for any legal program there are no procedures to get a study permit, therefore he needs to wait for PR.
Not really! CIBC gave me 5000$ credit card and 10000$ line of credit when I was protected person.

sisi1400

Aug 23, 2020
Hello friends. Can you please help me? I have read the forums of my questions to some extent but I am very disappointed. For a person who is in Canada and looking for refugee, in general, how long will it take to get a positive or negative court response, get a PR, apply for a spouse, and get a spouse visa? Is a period of 3 years its normal or are there people who have gone through this process for one to two years? Thank you in advance for your help

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hello friends. Can you please help me? I have read the forums of my questions to some extent but I am very disappointed. For a person who is in Canada and looking for refugee, in general, how long will it take to get a positive or negative court response, get a PR, apply for a spouse, and get a spouse visa? Is a period of 3 years its normal or are there people who have gone through this process for one to two years? Thank you in advance for your help
After you become protected person, it takes two and half years to become PR and it should take 12 month for family but is normally longer so don;t hold your breath at all this process is very very long and depressing.

i know someone that has been waiting now for 1.5 year now to get a hearing date

Reactions: Jalalcananda

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
After you become protected person, it takes two and half years to become PR and it should take 12 month for family but is normally longer so don;t hold your breath at all this process is very very long and depressing.

12 months is for sponsoring a spouse or child of a citizen or PR. Protectes people applying for PR was never 12 months. It has ranged from 16-36 months. 36 months was very temporary and was in reaction to the influx of asylum seekers via mainly Roxhama road. Typically around 2 years but often less but that is during normal times not covid. That is just for the protected person. Their family takes a few months longer. Delays have pushed families getting PR from 2-3 months to longer.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Study permit for a paralegal is just like any other study permit. You've been given incorrect advice. You can easily apply for one but at this point you will probably be best waiting until you get your PR.

sisi1400

Aug 23, 2020

Doesn't the fact that the refugee is away from speed up the process? I had another question. If we withdraw our asylum application, does the 5-year ban on entering Canada apply? Will he no longer have a chance to get any visa?

Doesn't the fact that the refugee is away from his family speed up the process? More than 3 years!!
It is very disappointing

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
2 years for the court if positive decision so..
2 years for pr
1 year for bringing your family

Reactions: Jalalcananda

levenscan

Oct 30, 2018
Study permit for a paralegal is just like any other study permit. You've been given incorrect advice. You can easily apply for one but at this point you will probably be best waiting until you get your PR.
you can not apply for a paralegal study permit. it was not an advice - it was official answer