+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
Thank you guys for all the good wishes! I wish the very best for all of you! I am sure the wait's end isn't too far, believe me! All my prayers for the completion of your applications are with you all ❤

gavendano

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
I’m an August 2018 applicant and a decision was expected in April 2020
Called CIC today and was told that my background check hasn’t arrived. This is so dumb. Didn’t IRB did a background check with CBSA and RCMP to process my refugee claim?

I bet if I apply now for PR through Express Entry I’ll get it first than through the Protected Person class. This sucks.

gehaif

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
What is ur timeline?
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 18, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 20, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on October 22, 2018.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on December 27, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Hi All,
I've got an email from IRCC today asking for additional documents (imm5546e_MilitaryDetails) what is that for/meaning? I filled this in before the hearing.
June 19 applicant.
the same happened with me after 7 months of my application,along with medical at the same day,dont worry,if you were in the military you must send them a translated copy of your military certificate....also for any government jobs that you worked before

Rose@watan

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
for me

got my AIP on May 14th (last month)
Criminality: Passed
Security check : Passed

and i still waiting
When did your security and Criminality pass?
for me:
I am May 2018 applicant
received AIP April 23rd, 2020 and requested my husband military record details that we provided on the same day.
last Monday I called the IRCC call center the agent told mr that my Security pass
the Criminality is still in progress but What I know that criminality should be pass before the security as in my GCMS noted that I ordered since May 20, 2020 says that NO CRIMINAL RECORD.
I am still waiting

thanks
Wish you best of luck