+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

zameer23

Jan 20, 2020
Hello everyone,
I have noticed that no one had received any updates recently regarding their applications.
Isn’t this an indication that IRCC isn’t working on Protected Persons PR applications at the moment?
Or did someone receive any sort of update without posting about them here?
All responses would be appreciated.
Thank you

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hello everyone,
I have noticed that no one had received any updates recently regarding their applications.
Isn’t this an indication that IRCC isn’t working on Protected Persons PR applications at the moment?
Or did someone receive any sort of update without posting about them here?
All responses would be appreciated.
Thank you
We are all aware of that even IRCC said they are only working on important and urgent application, protected people are not urgent as we all know... as far as IRCC is concerns we are already procted and have status to live and work in canada so we can wait.

they are working on Economic class immigration however it has been significantly slower due to COVID19, if you fllow IRCC on twitter you will see the large amount of people asking why they are not processing their application and they are telling everyone due to COVID so we are not the only ones affected...

These are the replys they give on twitter:

IRCC continues to monitor and assess this changing situation. You will be informed of new dates as soon as possible. Continue to check the IRCC website for any updates.

1/2 Hi. You followed all the right steps by sending us a webform to let us know that you can’t land as a PR right now. We’re getting all requests submitted through the Web form. If you don’t get a confirmation email, this does not mean we didn’t get your request.

1/3 If we find your application complete, we’ll send you an Acknowledgement of Receipt (AoR) letter. Your application number will be on this letter. How long this takes depends on how many applications we get, and if your application is complete.

1/2 The impacts of COVID-19 have had an effect on our operations and our ability to respond to and process applications. We are therefore unable to provide processing timelines for specific applications at this time.

people in other stream are affcted too asking why did they not get any AoR when will they know their application is processed ETC

Good Luck to us all.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I also heard a lot like that, but i think it is not so real.
Unfortunately it does happen. That is one of the reasons that protected people who travel to a neighbouring country to their home country tend to be questioned. Some more than less. Would make sure to have proof like hotel receipts and proof that you were not in your home country by taking pictures daily that shows landmarks, street signs, etc, A few people give true refugees a bad name.

Reactions: Refu0202

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Unfortunately it does happen. That is one of the reasons that protected people who travel to a neighbouring country to their home country tend to be questioned. Some more than less. Would make sure to have proof like hotel receipts and proof that you were not in your home country by taking pictures daily that shows landmarks, street signs, etc, A few people give true refugees a bad name.
I have been 2 times abroad. First time when I camr back to Toronto, i was intived to another room to check in. There we were all baggages and people interviewd.they took my name and gave me number to be called with that. After couple i was called. The offices asked couple question.,one of them did you traveled to your home country .i said of course no. He said each time we will interview you ,just let me know. And i took maybe 5 mins and that it.

Second time, was more than fast i would say. 1-2 question.whete have you been and how long. That it.

Some countries is bettee use cash and because of it you can not have receipts for everyday. Simple you can have photo for each day.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
I have been 2 times abroad. First time when I camr back to Toronto, i was intived to another room to check in. There we were all baggages and people interviewd.they took my name and gave me number to be called with that. After couple i was called. The offices asked couple question.,one of them did you traveled to your home country .i said of course no. He said each time we will interview you ,just let me know. And i took maybe 5 mins and that it.

Second time, was more than fast i would say. 1-2 question.whete have you been and how long. That it.

Some countries is bettee use cash and because of it you can not have receipts for everyday. Simple you can have photo for each day.
Some countries don't have any border check with some neighbors. Refugees are going there and then easily crossing the border to the homeland.
They stay there and then just one day before their return flight they return to the neighbor country and take their flights back to Canada.

Reactions: canuck78

Paladinrules

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hi friends hope all well
I Received the letter that they started my application on 18th Dec 2019. Till now i didnt get anything, i just want to know, what is next?
Thanks
Hey, if you have G application number you can try linking your application online so you can see your timeline, rather than this you may be asked for Medical, Police certificate from countries you lived 6 months or more, any additional documentation they need if you have overseas dependents. Its really a slow process you may not hear from IRCC in good few months, as they say rest of the process happens near to your application completion date. Before COVID-19 processing time as more than 20 months now you have to add another good few months to catch up. Its a waiting game. Good luck.

Reactions: maedow

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
This is my timeline! I know it is just an estimation.
Estimated remaining processing time: 48 Day(s)
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 28, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 10, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on January 9, 2019.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on February 19, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.

Paladinrules

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Some countries don't have any border check with some neighbors. Refugees are going there and then easily crossing the border to the homeland.
They stay there and then just one day before their return flight they return to the neighbor country and take their flights back to Canada.
Can you please give some examples of those countries? I am really interested to know about such countries border restriction other than Schengen. Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can you please give some examples of those countries? I am really interested to know about such countries border restriction other than Schengen. Thanks
Very easy to give an example. The Syrian refugees who fled to Turkey, Iraq, Lebanon and Jordan did not go through border checks with passports. A large portion don’t have passports. Works the other way. Protected people walk over a land border or may even be able to take a bus without a passport stamping. Some other easy example based on refugee trends in Canada is Afghanistan where people fly into one of the surrounding “stan”” countries, Pakistan or Iran. Nigerians are also claiming asylum. They could fly into Cameroon, Ghana, Togo and Benin then travel by land to a Nigeria. There are many countries around the world where borders are porous and in everyday life people cross borders without even knowing it. Knowing people do this adds to anti-refugee propaganda. Unfortunately some asylum claimants also give false claims of persecution when they are really seeking economic immigration. In the past few years there have been many Nigerian applicants who were giving extremely similar stories about why they needed asylum. As I previously mentioned many lose trust in the asylum system if fraudulent applicants get protected status or protected people visit their home country. It is getting easier to catch people. Real refugees should also be making sure other refugees are actually needing protection because repercussions of any fraud is usually felt by the refugee communities.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nigeria-refugee-homosexuality-immigration-1.4390144

Paladinrules

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
I guess study permit will be processed after the offer of admission or is it before you process admission?
After you get admission offer. Then you apply for it. I wanted to study too but i am waiting for my PR then start studying. On the safe side. Good luck with your study.

Reactions: maedow