+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Edwartt

Mar 15, 2019
Hi guys! I need your help…

I’m a June-2018 applicant for PR, as a convention refugee, inside Canada. My common-law partner is outside of Canada and has been included in the application. So, I’m a principal applicant.

A few days ago, I received from IRCC an Eligibility Passed letter (AIP) informing me that the overseas office in WARSAW is responsible for processing the application for PR of my family member outside Canada, that is my common-law partner.
According to the letter, the forms IMM0008, IMM5406 and IMM5669 must be submitted to the office in Warsaw.

I’m a little confused...

1. Is my partner outside Canada the principal applicant now (in the forms to be sent to Warsaw)? And now I (living in Canada) become a dependant in her application?

2. Is it correct to indicate in her IMM0008 form (Generic application form) in such a way:
Program under which she is applying – Family.
Category – Common-law Partner.
Number of family members, including her, in the application – 2 (she and me).

3. I personally don’t submit in the Warsaw office any forms. Correct?

I would appreciate any comments and answers on my case. Thanks!

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
There have been people in other forums that has rec'vd emails that they are PR but these are for EE not for refugees.
By received emails saying that they're PR you mean they did not have to have a phone call either? They automatically acquired permanent residence status? Or are you talking about DM?

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi guys! I need your help…

I’m a June-2018 applicant for PR, as a convention refugee, inside Canada. My common-law partner is outside of Canada and has been included in the application. So, I’m a principal applicant.

A few days ago, I received from IRCC an Eligibility Passed letter (AIP) informing me that the overseas office in WARSAW is responsible for processing the application for PR of my family member outside Canada, that is my common-law partner.
According to the letter, the forms IMM0008, IMM5406 and IMM5669 must be submitted to the office in Warsaw.

I’m a little confused...

1. Is my partner outside Canada the principal applicant now (in the forms to be sent to Warsaw)? And now I (living in Canada) become a dependant in her application?

2. Is it correct to indicate in her IMM0008 form (Generic application form) in such a way:
Program under which she is applying – Family.
Category – Common-law Partner.
Number of family members, including her, in the application – 2 (she and me).

3. I personally don’t submit in the Warsaw office any forms. Correct?

I would appreciate any comments and answers on my case. Thanks!
you would not need to send them anything, but i really have no idea i have no overseas family, call the IRCC call centre and let them help you out.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Yes done everything, ordered gcms, called mp, sent webforms, called ircc many times, paid a lawyer $300 to inquire on my application and yet nothing at all.
WOW!!! don't waist your money on any lawyer, there is no one under the sun who can get you any information about your PR that you cannot get your self, this is the federal government we are talking about people they will take as much time as they need forever if necessary #SAD but #TRUE we have to just wait, remeber that one guy on here who waited i think five year or more if im not wrong and at the beginning of this year he got his PR i never saw him in here again :) :) :) :) :p:p:p

ank22

Star Member
May 24, 2019
WOW!!! don't waist your money on any lawyer, there is no one under the sun who can get you any information about your PR that you cannot get your self, this is the federal government we are talking about people they will take as much time as they need forever if necessary #SAD but #TRUE we have to just wait, remeber that one guy on here who waited i think five year or more if im not wrong and at the beginning of this year he got his PR i never saw him in here again :) :) :) :) :p:p:p
I don’t think i have it in me to think about this. I have tried my best to reach out but nothing works. I’m waiting and maybe i will see the sunshine after this storm passes soon. I dont want any of you going through this pain and i hope we all get it soon. Allah kareem ☝