+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Junior1987

Jan 31, 2024
Hello
I’m a protected person with my wife and daughter so we applied on 14 dec 2023 for pr but till now nothing happened and i tried checking the application but i cannot it is in light grey.So can anyone know how much time do they need to open the application?And also i have another daughter she is 7 months old and she is a canadian citizen does it help our application move faster?
Thank you

Star55

Star Member
Jul 6, 2023
Hello
I’m a protected person with my wife and daughter so we applied on 14 dec 2023 for pr but till now nothing happened and i tried checking the application but i cannot it is in light grey.So can anyone know how much time do they need to open the application?And also i have another daughter she is 7 months old and she is a canadian citizen does it help our application move faster?
Thank you
Hi , After you applied ,minimum 5 to 6 month later you received AOR and then you can check the status .

ten_keenest

Aug 15, 2023
Another question how do I count my days for the citizenship if I didn’t get my PR?
So from the day you received your Notice of Decision (NOD) to the day you received your Copy of Permanent Residence (CoPR) the days in between are counted as 1/2 and after the day you receive CoPR, it is 1 day.

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
Guys i have to ask you one thing i ordered goms notes but I didn't used self declaration form for anyone who is pr or Canadian citizen i used the the option foreign national living in canada is it right or wrong pls tell i paid 5$ already

Laila mohsin

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
So from the day you received your Notice of Decision (NOD) to the day you received your Copy of Permanent Residence (CoPR) the days in between are counted as 1/2 and after the day you receive CoPR, it is 1 day.
Yes but the maximum time they count is 1 year so if you spend 3 year NOD to COPR they will count only 1 year

Jul 11, 2023
Hi everybody,

I applied for my Permanent Residence (In Canada Refugee) in the end of December 2023.
I received an email yesterday (Feb 2nd, 2024
) with the application number saying your application is received. I linked it to my account and I see the following:

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • February XX, 2024 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • Not applicable.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Can someone advise:
1- What to expect next?
2- Where can I click to see a progress bar? there is nowhere I clicked that showed it.

Thanks,

Reactions: q8boy and md.ali22