+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

inaya.i

Oct 25, 2023
Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well.

Is anyone who applied for PR in June 2022 still waiting for eligibility and pre-approval letter?

I received Aor in Feb 2023 and in June & Oct 2023 additional forms after that nothing.
what do we receive after AOR? Portal 1??

ahmad12345

Oct 12, 2023
First entry as a refugee: October 1, 2017
Protected person: February 1, 2021
PR: December 15, 2021

I haven't left to Canada in this period. Will I be eligible to apply for citizenship on December 15, 2023? Thanks.
Until the ECOPR every day is counted as half a day until 1 year. You passed approximately 10 months, which makes 5 months countable for citizenship. So you need approximately 31 months more to apply for citizenship.

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
I applied for PR as protected person end of September 2023 I haven’t received an AOR yet but I realized I didn’t electronically sign the Schedule 14 form. Cause I thought the electronically signature at the end of the application on the portal count as a signature. Should I worry? Should I do it and send it through webform? Is this a reason for a return or the agent may just ask for it later? Have anyone be in my position?

badangel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2021
Until the ECOPR every day is counted as half a day until 1 year. You passed approximately 10 months, which makes 5 months countable for citizenship. So you need approximately 31 months more to apply for citizenship.
Have you ever got math course?

From December 2021 to 2023 already count as 2 years.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Poster is eligible for Citizenship, to be precise July 2024 ( Next year )..... NOT 31months

mappleowlqc

Dec 6, 2023
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CTD Missisuaga - Montreal Immigration
App. Filed.......
17-12-2022
Well I filed a mandamus application with my lawyer 5 months ago and three weeks ago they started responding to me asking for more documents and stuff. Calling Mp to check on your application process wouldn't change their mind except you compelled them by the court to check on your application. And you can file the mandamus only if your application passed the normal processing time. Like my processing time is 34 months as of now.
Could you share who your lawyer by chance?

mappleowlqc

Dec 6, 2023
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CTD Missisuaga - Montreal Immigration
App. Filed.......
17-12-2022
Hi everyone,

My application timeline;
Arived to Canada: April 2019
Protected Person: April 15, 2022

PR:
Date Received: May 30, 2022,
Invitation to Pre-Arrival Services :October 17, 2023

I didn't receive my eligibility approval yet. Other information as follows;

Review of eligibility :We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results:
Review of additional documents:
Not applicable.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Also my timeline bar shows 73% complete and remaining processing time is 6 months.

I was wondering if anyone tried reaching out to IRCC and make the process faster ? Currently I have a good job but the problem is usually not having PR is making it difficult for me to keep my employment. I had no issues working at gorocery stores and small restaurants before but for some reason big companies are just keep asking when will I receive my PR. I don't know if anybody else had the same issues like me, it is getting frustrating after some point especially considering I came to Canada in 2019 and because of covid I got lot of delayes for my court date, they changed the date several times and eventually I passed without court. According to what I read in this forum also from my friends, whoever came to Canada around the same time as me, they are about to apply to their citizenship. I feel very unlucky about this process.
I know this a stupid question, but what time bar are your taking about? I can’t seem to find it anywhere whatsoever. Is it in my IRCC Account or????

weyt2020

Sep 11, 2022
Hi everyone,

Today, I received my eCoPR.

Application Received - February 01,2022
Final decision - October 17, 2023
Portal - First email - October 18, 2023
Portal - Second email (Portal invitation) - October 27, 2023

eCoPR - December 18, 2023

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a question to make sure that my eCoPR is correct!

Under dependent information section, it is written:

Have you any dependents other than those listed below? No
NONE

I have overseas dependent and their application is under processing in Visa Office outside Canada. They have a separate application number.
Is my eCoPR information correct? or I should contact IRCC for correction?

Reactions: himankkohli6

Emix

Dec 25, 2023
North York
Category........
Other
Hi there
if I am correct $570 PR Applicaiton + $85 as its for biometric fees.
and I know we have to do biometric .
I completed my application without paying for biometri fee, a month later I read comments that I had to pay and I did. and I sent this notification via web form Do you think my application will be delayed or rejected? I paid the fee, albeit late, and sent it to them to add to my application

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
Hi everyone,

Today, I received my eCoPR.

Application Received - February 01,2022
Final decision - October 17, 2023
Portal - First email - October 18, 2023
Portal - Second email (Portal invitation) - October 27, 2023

eCoPR - December 18, 2023

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a question to make sure that my eCoPR is correct!

Under dependent information section, it is written:

Have you any dependents other than those listed below? No
NONE

I have overseas dependent and their application is under processing in Visa Office outside Canada. They have a separate application number.
Is my eCoPR information correct? or I should contact IRCC for correction?
Where do you live in canada ? Are you selected under pilot project ?