+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

josebb3007

Oct 16, 2020
Hello, Yesterday I received my COPR, after 21 months, since my application,in one section of my COPR says I should send a copy of my COPR and a photo with some of my data written from behind the photo to the address listed above in order to receive my firts PR card, but there's no physical address described anywhere on the letter,I didn't have an interview, I had no phone contact with any officers.I only received a notification in my email from C.I.C., asking me to review my C.I.C. account, and Here it is, my COPR

So Here the question someone who has received their COPR During COVID-19 Pandemic?
To which address I should send my photo?

Virgono1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2018
Hello, Yesterday I received my COPR, after 21 months, since my application,in one section of my COPR says I should send a copy of my COPR and a photo with some of my data written from behind the photo to the address listed above in order to receive my firts PR card, but there's no physical address described anywhere on the letter,I didn't have an interview, I had no phone contact with any officers.I only received a notification in my email from C.I.C., asking me to review my C.I.C. account, and Here it is, my COPR

So Here the question someone who has received their COPR During COVID-19 Pandemic?
To which address I should send my photo?
What's ur timeline and congratulations

josebb3007

Oct 16, 2020
What's ur timeline and congratulations
OUR TIME BAR WAS EXPIRED IN October First 2020 At 100%

received at IRCC: 1/Feb/2019
receipt confirmation 3/April/2019
FBI clearance: 24/July/2019
I send clearance: 2/August/2019
ask for medical exams: 5/March/2020
Medical exams received at IRCC: 15/March/2020
COPR received: 15/Oct/2020

We are a family of 5,we live already in Montreal Since august 2017
We received the COPR direct, without interview,without any phone call,just that, we received an digital letter on ours IRCC account

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
CIC-QUE-Pre-Landing@cic.gc.ca
Date: October 15, 2020
Unique Client Identifier (UCI): XXXXX
CoPR Document #: XXXXXX
Complet Name: XXXXXX
D.O.B xxxx/xx/xx
Country of Origin: XXXXXX
Male
Aplicattion Number: XXXXXXX
Address: XXXXXXXXX
Dear
XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXX XXXXX
I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
If you are currently outside of Canada, do not attempt to travel to Canada. Please contact us immediately at the following address and we will send you additional information: CIC-QUE-Pre-Landing@cic.gc.ca
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. Please print a copy of this letter and send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. You do not need to sign the letter nor the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.
We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period.

Last edited:

Virgono1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2018

We received the COPR direct, without interview,without any phone call,just that, we received an digital letter on ours IRCC account

D.O.B xxxx/xx/xx
Male
Dear
I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
If you are currently outside of Canada, do not attempt to travel to Canada. Please contact us immediately at the following address and we will send you additional information: CIC-QUE-Pre-Landing@cic.gc.ca
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. Please print a copy of this letter and send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. You do not need to sign the letter nor the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.
We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period.
Many congratulations again

SpaceWatcher

Jul 31, 2020
I just got a ghost update in my GC account but when I check my full application status I see nothing new!

May be something about my security happened...If u had the same situation tell me your experience
I got a ghost update the next day my expired medicals got renewed.
Ghost update means your file has been updated so keep checking within the next 3 to 5 days something will show.

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
I am sure that everything depends on the immigration office that corresponds to us,exemple mine was mississauga
All of in Canada applicant send their application to Mississauga. It is the only office that process in Canada PR applications.

I beleive the process time line depends on the officer who is responsible for the application. Some of the officers works fast and some of them are slow.

Yessam07

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018

D.O.B xxxx/xx/xx
Male
Dear
Congratulations

Reactions: saidur
Dec 13, 2017
All of in Canada applicant send their application to Mississauga. It is the only office that process in Canada PR applications.

I beleive the process time line depends on the officer who is responsible for the application. Some of the officers works fast and some of them are slow.
I m also same December 2018 .
Medical passed sep 18
And time bar 100%since August 24

Reactions: kelepirci

Elyas1

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Dear all,
I want to share you my timeline which could be an uplifting for many of you who have been waiting patiently for your file to be finalized. I have been here since 2017 and have to pass through what seems to be an endless immigration process. But sometimes you got a miracle. Despite long wait for a hearing, my PR time line was just 10 months. I don’t see anyone sharing a PR time line under just 10 months. I’m so surprised how fast IRCC processed my application. What I want to say to my fellow forum members is that don’t lose hope. This country teaches me patience. Hope your turn is soon and have a great week!

My time line for PR

1. We received your application for permanent residence: December, 2019.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December, 2019.
3. We started processing your application on December, 2019.
4. We sent you correspondence in December, 2019. Notification of Selection for the Pilot project
5. We sent you a letter on December, 2019. Forms for overseas dependents
6. We sent you correspondence on January, 2020. Biometric, police certificate and government services
7. We sent you medical instructions on January , 2020
8. Medical results have been received.
9. Decision made October 19, 2020. CoPR emailed.

xer012

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Dear all,
I want to share you my timeline which could be an uplifting for many of you who have been waiting patiently for your file to be finalized. I have been here since 2017 and have to pass through what seems to be an endless immigration process. But sometimes you got a miracle. Despite long wait for a hearing, my PR time line was just 10 months. I don’t see anyone sharing a PR time line under just 10 months. I’m so surprised how fast IRCC processed my application. What I want to say to my fellow forum members is that don’t lose hope. This country teaches me patience. Hope your turn is soon and have a great week!

My time line for PR

1. We received your application for permanent residence: December, 2019.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December, 2019.
3. We started processing your application on December, 2019.
4. We sent you correspondence in December, 2019. Notification of Selection for the Pilot project
5. We sent you a letter on December, 2019. Forms for overseas dependents
6. We sent you correspondence on January, 2020. Biometric, police certificate and government services
7. We sent you medical instructions on January , 2020
8. Medical results have been received.
9. Decision made October 19, 2020. CoPR emailed.
Congratulations. That is very good news. Please share your time line. Just kidding.