+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

time limit to travel after obtaining PR & medicals

blackbeast

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
guys,

lets say i pass the medicals & obtain my PR. What if i decide to travel in a later date which exceeds the 1 year medicals limit? would cic requests us to take up one more medicals?

Couple more questions if you wish to help out.If i have applied the PR application for my wife, daughter & self is it mandatory for all three of us to travel canada at the same time? or can i just travel first, look out for settlement & then bring my wife & daughter?

Do we have a definitive limit which requests us to travel within the time frame to canada after obtaining the PR?

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know that medicals are valid for 1 year and you have to retake them if you exceed. But even I am interested to know the answers for other questions.

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
blackbeast said:
guys,

lets say i pass the medicals & obtain my PR. What if i decide to travel in a later date which exceeds the 1 year medicals limit? would cic requests us to take up one more medicals?
No, you cannot. You will have to complete landing before the expiry date of your PR visa (or date mentioned on your PR documents/COPR). If you cannot complete landing before that deadline, you will have to apply for PR from the beginning (starting from 0). There are no extensions and exceptions, at all. Complete your landing before the deadline or apply again!

blackbeast said:
If i have applied the PR application for my wife, daughter & self is it mandatory for all three of us to travel canada at the same time? or can i just travel first, look out for settlement & then bring my wife & daughter?
Perfectly fine. Principal applicant can do landing first, and dependents can come later but still before the deadline!

blackbeast said:
Do we have a definitive limit which requests us to travel within the time frame to canada after obtaining the PR?
Yes, there is a definitive time limit to travel/complete the landing process. If not done before the deadline, PR application becomes void and if interested in immigrating to Canada, the applicant(s) will have to start the process and apply from the beginning, again.

blackbeast

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
Que Em said:
No, you cannot. You will have to complete landing before the expiry date of your PR visa (or date mentioned on your PR documents/COPR). If you cannot complete landing before that deadline, you will have to apply for PR from the beginning (starting from 0). There are no extensions and exceptions, at all. Complete your landing before the deadline or apply again!

Perfectly fine. Principal applicant can do landing first, and dependents can come later but still before the deadline!

Yes, there is a definitive time limit to travel/complete the landing process. If not done before the deadline, PR application becomes void and if interested in immigrating to Canada, the applicant(s) will have to start the process and apply from the beginning, again.
thanks bro...do you have any idea what would be the time limit before we make the landing?

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
blackbeast said:
thanks bro...do you have any idea what would be the time limit before we make the landing?
Usually, it depends on the validity of the immigration medical exam [1 year, possible extension for another year, if required - mostly for inland applicants].

Once you get your COPR, it will have the expiry date mentioned on it, so you'll have to do your landing before that.
The officer will make sure you are entering Canada before or on the expiry date shown on your COPR. Please note that we cannot extend this document, so you should make sure to use it before it expires.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/arrival.asp

blackbeast

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
Que Em said:
Usually, it depends on the validity of the immigration medical exam [1 year, possible extension for another year, if required - mostly for inland applicants].

Once you get your COPR, it will have the expiry date mentioned on it, so you'll have to do your landing before that.
The officer will make sure you are entering Canada before or on the expiry date shown on your COPR. Please note that we cannot extend this document, so you should make sure to use it before it expires.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/arrival.asp
thanks dude!!any idea how much time (the time interval) a person would be given from the COPR date? i am asking this so that i can plan out my landing date based on it since i have some personal work to complete before leaving ...

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
blackbeast said:
thanks dude!!any idea how much time (the time interval) a person would be given from the COPR date? i am asking this so that i can plan out my landing date based on it since i have some personal work to complete before leaving ...
When did you do your medical exam? If you're an outland applicant and manage to get PPR well before 1 year of your medical, the expiry of your medicals would most probably be the COPR expiry date. If inland, the same unless you get an extension for your medicals.

If you're asked to re-do your medicals, the new expiry of your new medicals (1 year period) will probably be your deadline.

Also, if you end up having some unfinished business with not enough time left before the deadline, you can do a short landing [travel to Canada and complete your landing formalities], then go back to your country and ask your relatives/contacts in Canada to post your PR card for your return back to Canada.

Good luck!

blackbeast

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
Que Em said:
When did you do your medical exam? If you're an outland applicant and manage to get PPR well before 1 year of your medical, the expiry of your medicals would most probably be the COPR expiry date. If inland, the same unless you get an extension for your medicals.

If you're asked to re-do your medicals, the new expiry of your new medicals (1 year period) will probably be your deadline.

Also, if you end up having some unfinished business with not enough time left before the deadline, you can do a short landing [travel to Canada and complete your landing formalities], then go back to your country and ask your relatives/contacts in Canada to post your PR card for your return back to Canada.

Good luck!
I have got the nomination from ontario & am waiting for the next draw. So, lets say i complete my medicals & submit my application next month. If i obtain my COPR by dec this year, it means that i have to make landing before march'18 right? Or will i get an expiry date issued from cic during my COPR?

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
blackbeast said:
I have got the nomination from ontario & am waiting for the next draw. So, lets say i complete my medicals & submit my application next month. If i obtain my COPR by dec this year, it means that i have to make landing before march'18 right? Or will i get an expiry date issued from cic during my COPR?
Correct, unless IRCC asks you to re-do your medicals, in which case the deadline would be 1 year from the date of new exam.