+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time between Medical and Passport request.

shabab

Star Member
Jan 25, 2007
Hi All

This is my timeline:

Application Submitted Jan, 2005 (in Canada)
Started processing Apr, 2005
Transferred to NY Feb, 2006
Interview Mar, 2006
Medicals Started May, 2006
RCMP Report July,2006
Daughter's Last Medical Oct, 2006
FBI Report Nov, 2006 (Due to many errors in the report)
Saudi Report Mar, 2007 (5 months - the longest)
RPRF - Jan, 2007
Submitted ARC Feb, 2007 (will take another 2 months)

ARC = Authorization to Return to Canada application.

This is the last document that the NY Consulate need. Medicals expiration date coincide with expected ARC document date.

Hoping for the best.

Shabab

NC

Mar 6, 2007
Good news friends..
Just heard from my attorney.. the Canadian Consulate in Buffalo has completed processing my application and has requested our passports for Visa Issuance..

Here is my timeline.
Application Submitted Buffalo - Oct 2005
AOR recieved - Jan 2006
Interview Waiver, Medical Request - Dec 2006
Medical - Dec 2006
FBI Clearance, Police Clearance, RPRF - Jan 2007
Processing Completed.. Passport Request - March 27, 2007

Hoping to send out my passport by the end of the week...

Noy

Star Member
Aug 15, 2006
NC said:
Good news friends..
Just heard from my attorney.. the Canadian Consulate in Buffalo has completed processing my application and has requested our passports for Visa Issuance..

Here is my timeline.
Application Submitted Buffalo - Oct 2005
AOR recieved - Jan 2006
Interview Waiver, Medical Request - Dec 2006
Medical - Dec 2006
FBI Clearance, Police Clearance, RPRF - Jan 2007
Processing Completed.. Passport Request - March 27, 2007

Hoping to send out my passport by the end of the week...
Congrats, and HEAD OUT OF THE DOOR, send in your passport with the grey envelope to get your shinning visa.

monica_5

Mar 28, 2007
Hello there,

After the Medical reports are sent, do we have to mail the Passport or can we take the passport to a local visa office by hand?

Thanks a lot.
Monica

NC

Mar 6, 2007
monica_5 said:
Hello there,

After the Medical reports are sent, do we have to mail the Passport or can we take the passport to a local visa office by hand?

Thanks a lot.
Monica
From what I know, You cannot go to any local visa office, you have to go to the Visa office where you filed your application, in my case, they have asked me to either send it by mail or go to Buffalo.

shabab

Star Member
Jan 25, 2007
Tons of CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!
NC, you finally got it. Sorry about this delayed exclaimation.

Enjoy the happiness with family & friends. I feel delighted to know that people who have been waiting a long time, gets their dream come true.

Good Luck to you and your family.

Regards

Shabab

shabab

Star Member
Jan 25, 2007
Monica

After the medicals, wait for the Consulate's Request for your passport. They won't accept your passports upfront.

When they DO request your passport. Either mail them or submit them in person.

Nouna

Apr 3, 2007
Hi ,
I am a permanent resident applicant to Canada from Egypt , I have been asked to undergo the medical examination by the Canadian embassy me and my husband and we did so on 15th November 2006 and until now no one has called us in order to proceed , they just informed me that my file is in process and they will contact me when they are in a position to issue the visas and actually I am so worried because it has passed more than 4 months since the medical examination , pls advise if this is normal and when can I expect a call from them to proceed and what are the next steps till passport request

Thanks alot

like0707

Oct 27, 2008
i have applied in mar 03, CIC New Delhi started processing in Jun 03, got updatation of file in Mar'08, Got medical reqest in Aug'08, submitted all requested documents & RPRF in Sept'08, latest PCC for India in Nov'08,

Can anyone give an idea, how much time it will take to get letter for reqesting passport ?

Regards,
Mrugesh Amin

G

girly1141

hello i got job offer that was approved by (HRSDC) so the next step was to apply for work permit,i did last week and had interview same day i applied then they told me to wait for answer by post.
what they will be doing for now and how long it takes till i receive it // any experience with that??
thx