+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time between Medical and Passport request.

NC

Mar 6, 2007
Based on the information on CanadaVisa.com, the Canadian Immigration Visa Office in Buffalo will request the Right of Permanent Resident Fee (RPRF) payment along with your passport (for the purpose of issuing the PR Visa), after the medical results have been received by the Canadian Immigration Visa Office in Buffalo, and security clearances have been completed.

However in my case, I (my attorney) got a letter from Buffalo waiving the Interview, requesting medical, police clearance, fbi clearance and the RPRF fees. But no request for the Passport.

I have since done my medicals (early December) and submitted all the other documents (fbi clearance, police clearance) along with RPRF in late January.

Question 1) Is there anyone out there who is in similar situation waiting for the passport request after the RPRF fees. Is this the normal procedure and the information on Canadavisa.com is outdated?

Question 2) How long does it take (estimate) between the medical and document submission and the Passport request?

Question 3) how long does it take (estimate) to get the stamped passport after the passport request?

Hoping to hear back on this soon.

Thanks
NC

Egyman

Star Member
Feb 7, 2007
1. YES I am like you but this is the normal is requesting the passport is the final step, requesting it is the final step as it means that the visa is reday.
2. it can be as short as two months for provincial nominees and as long as.........
3. two weeks.

NC

Mar 6, 2007
Have you already completed the process or are you also waiting for the Passport request.

What is Provincial Nominee ?

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Hi NC

I am exactly on the same bus like you, I had the interview waived too and I had submitted my FBI, Medicals, and my country's police clearance (PGR) already...

So far... I have been waiting for 2 months for the Passports Request...nothing yet...

Well…Meantime… Cheers and wait my friend!!
Eduardo

NC

Mar 6, 2007
Nice to know that I am not alone... Thanks for replying back.

Lets keep on updating this post...

Here are my details.
Application Submitted Buffalo - Oct 2005
AOR recieved - Jan 2006
Interview Waiver, Medical Request - Dec 2006
Medical - Dec 2006
FBI Clearance, Police Clearance, RPRF - Jan 2006
Waiting...

Egyman

Star Member
Feb 7, 2007
I am waiting passport request just like you.
Provincial nominee is the process where certain provinces (Like Quebec, BC...) have the right to choose their own immigrants with the CIC having the final word.

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Here you are mine...

Skilled worker application:
Application Submitted to Mexico City - Dec 2004
AOR received - Feb 2005
Interview Waiver, Medical, FBI & PGR Request - Aug 2006
Medical - Sep 2006
FBI Clearance, Police Clearance(PGR), RPRF - Jan 2007

let's see what happen next...
Eduardo

Ozzie

Star Member
Aug 3, 2006
USA
I'm in the same boat NC... "playing the waiting game"

AOR: March 2005
File Transfer to LA FEB 06
Received a Letter for Interview July 06
Interview Held: Oct 26th, 06. (IO requested for Medicals, FBI & ROLF)
Medical was done on Nov 2nd, 06.
Received a letter on Dec 27th 06 ( Additional Med test required) Urinary Test wasn't clear
Submitted Additional Meds, along with FBI.
Meds reached Ottawa on Jan 12th, 07. ( heard from senior members it takes upto 2 months) to process meds so I guess by next week it'll be exactly 2 months.

Just waiting for Passport Request.

I just hope we all get the request soon :) Good Luck to ya'll.

NC

Mar 6, 2007
Thanks guys for posting your experiences. Please continue to report progress on your cases.

However, it would be nice to hear back from people who have already gone through this waiting. How long did they have to wait.

I guess everyone is so busy that once they get their Visas, they don't care anymore. I think it is a moral obligation of folks who have already received their visas to reply and stick to this forum for sometime and share their experiences with us folks in waiting....

Thanks,
NC

Jan 10, 2006
My timeline is AOR JAN 2006 from Bufallo,NY

IA received JAN 2007 with interview waiver.

I received medical forms and request for additional documents ( FBI clearance, proof of fund and Fees for Permanent residence)

I have completed medicals but I am yet to sent the additional documents.

Noy

Star Member
Aug 15, 2006
NC, Ozzie and Eduardo,

you'll hear PPR soon. we did our medical last Oct. '06 and sent all the documents (FBI, ROLF, Bank Cert) by the end of November. we got our PPR mid January. we sent our PP the following day and after only 3 working days, we got our passports back.

so just hang in there and you'll receive the gray envelope sooonnnn.

Noy

Star Member
Aug 15, 2006
NC, we plan to land this summer, which i guess is the best time to land. im still looking for an apartment in Mississauga and planning some stuff coz were driving for 5 days!!!!

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
minnesota_user said:
I have a query regarding landing. As a Federal Skilled Worker, can I land anywhere in Canada or is there any restriction.
Hi Minnesota User

As federal Skilled worker you don't have restrictions where to land, you can do it wherever you wan't, except for Quebec. it applies a different rule...

Cheers
Eduardo