+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

time after sending passport for online application - canada visitor visa

oz86

May 8, 2013
Thanks strandedhelix, that gives me a relief as well. Hopefully, they will get it back to us soonest!

Shurui

Apr 30, 2013
hi! My passport was delivered to CA consulate on April 30th(not May 1st), and my return tracking # is activated now! I'm sure yours is gonna come back soon

oz86 said:
Hello guys,

I'm in the same boat, I received the letter asking for my passport on May 1, and sent it to the NY consulate right away (USPS shows they received it on May 2nd).

My return package is not available for tracking yet (prepaid flat rate express mail as they asked but who knows maybe they won't use it as you've mentioned), and I'm just wondering how long should it take to receive it?

When have you guys received yours?

kavranm

May 9, 2013
I sent my passport with the emailed document and a return envelope and they received on April 16th. however i still havent received my passport. I've been emailing the NY consulate but no answer so far. i tried calling as well. Is there an another way for me to contact them. im supposed to travel overseas in a week. I dont even need the canadian visa anymore but i need my passport. Any experiences with online application in NY?

kavranm

May 9, 2013
strandedhelix said:
I just received an email from them advising that currently they are processing passports received on April 24, 2013.

Good luck all, we can just wait patiently and hope that it is sent to us soon.

have you send the an email? what address?

abhiram66

May 9, 2013
Hello Folks

Just wanted to share the details of my visitor visa. I submitted online application to Los Angeles consulate on April 5th. Got a passport request message on April 26th. Sent the passport immediately and the consulate received on April 29th. I am yet to get any response back from consulate. Based on the messages in this forum, I think it will take one more week atleast to get my passport stamped.

Thanks

handinhand

Mar 8, 2013
hi,

Just want to share my details. I just got my return mail track # activated from LA Consulate. Thanks God. It took me two weeks waiting. Thank you all for the people posting their experience in this forum and sharing all these painful process. Without you all, I don't know how I can get through this long-waited process by myself. Thank you all.

Online application: March 27th
Passport request: April 9th
Passport sent: April 26
Passport received: April 30th
Return Express mail activated: May 9th
Supposed to receive mail: May 11 by 3pm

Good luck to you all!

Samik

May 12, 2013
kavranm said:
I sent my passport with the emailed document and a return envelope and they received on April 16th. however i still havent received my passport. I've been emailing the NY consulate but no answer so far. i tried calling as well. Is there an another way for me to contact them. im supposed to travel overseas in a week. I dont even need the canadian visa anymore but i need my passport. Any experiences with online application in NY?
Have you received your passport yet? Thanks

abhiram66

May 9, 2013
handinhand said:
hi,

Just want to share my details. I just got my return mail track # activated from LA Consulate. Thanks God. It took me two weeks waiting. Thank you all for the people posting their experience in this forum and sharing all these painful process. Without you all, I don't know how I can get through this long-waited process by myself. Thank you all.

Online application: March 27th
Passport request: April 9th
Passport sent: April 26
Passport received: April 30th
Return Express mail activated: May 9th
Supposed to receive mail: May 11 by 3pm

Good luck to you all!
Hey

Have you received your passport ? Does the canada visitor visa have your photo printed on it ?
I also received my passport on May 11th from LA. I was surprised to see that my photo was not printed on it.
Let me know if it's the same case with your visa.

Thanks

abhiram66

May 9, 2013
Hi

Here are the dates for my application processing from LA consulate -

Online application: April 5th
Passport request: April 26th
Passport sent: April 27th
Passport received by consulate: April 29th
Return USPS Tracking activated: May 9th
Received Passport: May 11th

I have applied visa for my wife also same time and sent both passports together. But, am yet to get her passport. Just saw that they shipped it -

Return USPS Tracking activated: May 13th
Passport expected by : May 15th

Interestingly, my visitor visa doesn't have my photo printed on it? If they don't print photos, why do you ask for a digital photo? Strange !!!

Thanks

NirvanaRocks

May 16, 2013
strandedhelix and oz86 : Did you guys receive your visas from NY consulate..

I sent my passports on Apr 26th and they reached to NY consulate on Apr 29th...ALso sent a return fedex standard overnight which is not active as of now?
I am getting worried now..

Based on strandedhelix post, the NY consulate should have started working on application passports received on Apr 29th, I hope..

strandedhelix

May 7, 2013
NirvanaRocks said:
strandedhelix and oz86 : Did you guys receive your visas from NY consulate..

I sent my passports on Apr 26th and they reached to NY consulate on Apr 29th...ALso sent a return fedex standard overnight which is not active as of now?
I am getting worried now..

Based on strandedhelix post, the NY consulate should have started working on application passports received on Apr 29th, I hope..
Nope, I haven't received it yet. But I am hoping by the end of next week [optimism]. The rate at which they process depends on number of passports received that day, a linear way of calculating would not help here, unfortunately.

oz86

May 8, 2013
Nope, I haven't received mine either. I'm thinking if I don't get it by early next week, I'm going to see if I can go pick it up from NY.

Please keep posted when passports are received back.