+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time after medicals, 3+ months normal?

Yojimbo

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
I applied for SW class. My medical results were sent by the hospital 3 months ago.

Shouldn't I have heard something by now? it says it may take up to 4 weeks.... 3 months later I haven't received any notice, letter, email, smoke signal, or seen any change on my e-cas. Is this normal or should I start enquiring?

Anyone care to share their experience? I'm kinda starting to worry a bit....

THanks

Yojimbo

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Good to hear that it's not just me... though I don't know if it's a good thing or not.

Lets see what other people say...

soj

Feb 23, 2007
yojimbo,i think you should not judge your case based on other's cases cos each case is perculiar.i had my medicals in feb 2007 and i just got ppr on oct 22.the normal time is 3 months agreed but it does not work that way all the time.just be patient with the embassy,u will surely get ppr soon.soj

Yojimbo

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Soj,
Whhhaaattt? 8 months wait after medicals? damn, this process is not helping any long term planning... Today is officially 3 months since the hospital sent those results.

I applied by myself through Caracas... so, the waiting game continues, eh?

But shouldn't there be some posting on the e-cas saying that they've received the results, waiting for them, are processing, I don't know, something else than "We start to process your application o on the... "....?

soj

Feb 23, 2007
yojimbo,it will surprise you that my status online has not changed eventhough i have been asked to appear in person within the next 60days for my visa.e-cas is not reliable so just cross your fingers and wait patiently,i know it can be very frustrating but there is nothing one can do.soj

Yojimbo

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
frustrating?... tell me about it. My company wants to know if I will continue with them for the next year... I can't keep this whishiwashi answering... if I get my visa in the next 4 months I will go to Canada, but if dont' I will continue here.... so the answer is to my re-contracting is,

tic,
toc,

tic,
toc,

tic,
toc...

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yojimbo,
This could be frustrating honestly. If you check processing time dates keep increasing and they are not doing anything about it. It seems they do not realise that one has made up his mind and his mind already in Canada the day one put in his application. This waiting game is too much men.

Oloye

soj

Feb 23, 2007
yojimbo,oloye is right,it is very frustrating cos the processing keeps increasing but i believe everything in life comes when you are patient enough for it.cheers

Yojimbo

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Thanks for the support guys. I went ahead and said NO to my re-contracting... cuz you gotta have faith-ah, faith-ah, faith-aaahhh.

On that support note, talk about a humbling read... that "DECISION MADE" post made my anxiousness of seeing some sign of life on my e-cas vanish, dissapear, gone...

Truth be told, my case is going pretty fast. My application started processing August last year and they asked for my medicals in May. I was only able to go to the hospital in July, results sent in August. The contrat of speed is what is throwing me off.

DECISION MADE... talk about making 99% of the people on this forum more nervous... Bob: "Good morning Bill, your application has been processing a while now, they should have MADE a DECISION by now..." Bill: "NNNNNOOOOOooooooo... No disassemble!, NO DISASSEMBLE!" <---(joke from old movie)

By the way, Oloye, is there a way to pronounce your name? O-lo-ye / oo-loo-yi / o-lo-ee.

aroyo

Oct 1, 2007
Take your time. Every single day I keep checking for my mails, hoping to see the Passport request. Today, while checking I see a yellow envelop I thought .... Guess what ?
That envelop had nothing to see with... So still in process till, till, till ... for ever !