+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for people using the Guatemala Office

felicity01

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
amberrojas said:
It may be the passport request. I'm assuming that's what you meant that it hasn't been requested yet. If it hasn't that might be the paper asking for it. When you go to SJO, take the passport with you to mail it with DHL.
Yes my passport hasn't been request so far.

I read somewhere in this thread , that someone was told about a package and it turned out to be the passport request

I will bring my passport

THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to reply

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
August 2010, redo september 6 2011
Passport Req..
Febuary 2011, again on september 2 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
October 19 2011 -Si Dios quiere :)
Hello everyone
Just to update the vo called us today and spoke with my husband and they are sending the medical forms and passport via DHL and of course we need to pay for this correspondence ( but like who cares) lol and will be here tomorrow in san jose :D Latest Monday, so if everything goes well, Monday we will be getting my husbands medicals done. I will keep you guys updated, Good Luck for the rest ur time will come :)

amberrojas

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
AOR Received.
November 17, 2010
File Transfer...
November 29, 2010
Med's Done....
Sep. 8, 2010 and again Sep 12, 2011
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
April 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 6, 2011
LANDED..........
November 10, 2011
Alex121 said:
Hello everyone
Just to update the vo called us today and spoke with my husband and they are sending the medical forms and passport via DHL and of course we need to pay for this correspondence ( but like who cares) lol and will be here tomorrow in san jose :D Latest Monday, so if everything goes well, Monday we will be getting my husbands medicals done. I will keep you guys updated, Good Luck for the rest ur time will come :)
That is good for you. I have just emailed asking for the same treatment as you. They emailed me last week saying that they will send is Sept 27 and for my husband to go to SJO on the 27th. We don't have to pay, but I'd rather pay to get it NOW! This is BS

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
HEY amberrojas
What do they have to send your husband medical forms? and ya email them so they can send u the stuff maybe u will be lucky and they will call u or email u and say yes, because from now till the 27 is pretty far but it may depend on what other stuff they are preparing to send you

amberrojas

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
AOR Received.
November 17, 2010
File Transfer...
November 29, 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
April 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 6, 2011
LANDED..........
November 10, 2011
Hello,
they are sending medical forms because his medicals are now expired so he has to redo them

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
Hello amberrojas o really thats good I heard dont know if its true but after u have done the 2 medical exam and ur a candidate u will get decision made, so they probally wont issue the visa because the time is not enough, but definetly email them and ask them if you can send an envelope and u pay for the service in order for your husband to get the medicals done, emailing them wont hurt. Best Of Luck in your Process.

felicity01

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
amberrojas said:
Hello,
they are sending medical forms because his medicals are now expired so he has to redo them
Hello Amber Rojas, when I did my second medicals I never got any forms from Guatemala, actually the Private Practitioner has all the paper work I needed to fill out plus I brought the 5 photos they ask for.

I was also told to go to pick up my "envelope" on the 27th, september.

Thanks

felicity01

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Alex121 said:
Hello amberrojas o really thats good I heard dont know if its true but after u have done the 2 medical exam and ur a candidate u will get decision made, so they probally wont issue the visa because the time is not enough, but definetly email them and ask them if you can send an envelope and u pay for the service in order for your husband to get the medicals done, emailing them wont hurt. Best Of Luck in your Process.
Hello All
The prime minister came to Costa Rica in august 11th and announced that they'll be Opening of a new Visa Application Centre (VAC) in San José....
Check it out !

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/costa_rica/highlights-faits/2011/VAC-CRDV-2011.aspx?lang=en&view=d

amberrojas

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
AOR Received.
November 17, 2010
File Transfer...
November 29, 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
April 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 6, 2011
LANDED..........
November 10, 2011
felicity01 said:
Hello Amber Rojas, when I did my second medicals I never got any forms from Guatemala, actually the Private Practitioner has all the paper work I needed to fill out plus I brought the 5 photos they ask for.

I was also told to go to pick up my "envelope" on the 27th, september.

Thanks
Are you serious! That is stupid. But they also said they will be sending back his passport as he will need it for the medical exam. And my husband does need to get more photos? Last time it was 8 for the original application. Where do you find the number 5? My husband doesn't live in San JOse though so for him to go early and get screwed over by the medical practitioner (you know how ticos are they like to make you jump 13 hoops to get anything done properly) and then have to go back to Fortuna, and then back to San Jose will suck.

amberrojas

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
AOR Received.
November 17, 2010
File Transfer...
November 29, 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
April 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 6, 2011
LANDED..........
November 10, 2011
felicity01 said:
Hello All
The prime minister came to Costa Rica in august 11th and announced that they'll be Opening of a new Visa Application Centre (VAC) in San José....
Check it out !

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/costa_rica/highlights-faits/2011/VAC-CRDV-2011.aspx?lang=en&view=d
Does this VAC actually help any of us out that have already applied last year and are still waiting, OR is this just beneficial for new applicants?
Thanks!

felicity01

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
amberrojas said:
Are you serious! That is stupid. But they also said they will be sending back his passport as he will need it for the medical exam. And my husband does need to get more photos? Last time it was 8 for the original application. Where do you find the number 5? My husband doesn't live in San JOse though so for him to go early and get screwed over by the medical practitioner (you know how ticos are they like to make you jump 13 hoops to get anything done properly) and then have to go back to Fortuna, and then back to San Jose will suck.
Hello Amberojas:
That was my experience though , I am not saying it applies for you case as well, I never waited for their forms, even though you need an appointment to go to do your medicals, so is better to find out through them directly.
These are all Canadians procedures not "ticos's".

amberrojas

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
AOR Received.
November 17, 2010
File Transfer...
November 29, 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
April 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 6, 2011
LANDED..........
November 10, 2011
felicity01 said:
Hello Amberojas:
That was my experience though , I am not saying it applies for you case as well, I never waited for their forms, even though you need an appointment to go to do your medicals, so is better to find out through them directly.
These are all Canadians procedures not "ticos's".
by Tico procedures I meant all their timbres and running around to so many different buildings. That is for sure Costa Rican. They make you jump hoops. Canadians have more simple and organized ways.

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
I definetly agree with your last post amberrojas lol, well just to let the thread know we recieved the package on monday and we did medicals exams and everything in the letter they asked us to send the medical examination form, passport, and a prepaid airway bill, so we did and everything is at there office already now just wait for passport to come back with visa :) I relly hope everyone gets by fast in this process, good luck everyone

amberrojas

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
AOR Received.
November 17, 2010
File Transfer...
November 29, 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
April 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 6, 2011
LANDED..........
November 10, 2011
Alex121 said:
I definetly agree with your last post amberrojas lol, well just to let the thread know we recieved the package on monday and we did medicals exams and everything in the letter they asked us to send the medical examination form, passport, and a prepaid airway bill, so we did and everything is at there office already now just wait for passport to come back with visa :) I relly hope everyone gets by fast in this process, good luck everyone
Morning! We received an email back saying that yes they will expedite our package and Monday it will be in SJO. When they did this for you, did you have to pick it up at DHL or was it still sent to the consulate? It makes sense to me DHL, but I wanted to clarify.
Thank you!

Alex121

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Costa Rica
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
Doc's Request.
Febuary 2011
AOR Received.
October 2010
Med's Request
september 2 2011
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
October 5 2011
LANDED..........
hey amberrojas yes DHL and u need to call them asap right now well actually ur husband before they close because monday they will send it to the DHL office and there are 4 in san jose the closest one in the centro is paseo colon so tell him to call DHL and to tell them if they can send the package to the paseo colon office and the address if he goes in taxi its 200 metros este de la toyota en el paseo colon, I hope u get this message asap and tell ur hubby good luck :)