Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
amberrojas said:
Great news!!!!!
The embassy in Guatemala called my husband today and said he was approved for the passport. They are mailing it with DHL today and he can pick it up tomorrow or Saturday at the DHL centre in SJO!!! YaaaaaAA!!!!
that's wonderful amberrojas! you must be elated at the news, after all the grueling wait that you and husband had been through this is a great payoff!! Now it's time for you guys to get reunited and start your new life together in Canada.

congratulations ;)

Belizian

Jul 7, 2011
Congrats to everyone!! It seems like they have just approved a bunch of people and are sending passports back!! I am sure everyone that has the good news is like me and cannot sleep! lol.

How many digits is a DHL tracking #?? My husband got one but it is still not coming up when I try to search for the package online..we are hoping his passport will be in Belize my tomorrow but trying not to get hopes too high..as Monday seems like and forever and a whole bunch more sleepless nights!

Belizian

Jul 7, 2011
felicity01 said:
I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed my call yesterday.... I am waiting for them to get back to me I hope is good news!
I am sure the news will be good! The bad part is you can't count on ecas at all! Mine has never been updated still just says application received and my husband just got approved and passport is on the way back!! Stay positive and near your phone! lol.

Jul 28, 2011
Congrats to those of you who just got the approval!

Today is Friday and according to something I read online (it won't let me post the link), they don't seem to work very much and not on Fridays. Is this right??? If they're not even working on Friday, I won't bother to obsess today and just wait until Monday.

Thanks

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Monday is a Canadian Holiday not sure if your VO observes the Canadian Holidays like mine does who knows

felicity01

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Belizian said:
Congrats to everyone!! It seems like they have just approved a bunch of people and are sending passports back!! I am sure everyone that has the good news is like me and cannot sleep! lol.

How many digits is a DHL tracking #?? My husband got one but it is still not coming up when I try to search for the package online..we are hoping his passport will be in Belize my tomorrow but trying not to get hopes too high..as Monday seems like and forever and a whole bunch more sleepless nights!
Hello Belizian I CANT TRACK MINE EITHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been checking on it since wednesday!

felicity01

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Belizian said:
I am sure the news will be good! The bad part is you can't count on ecas at all! Mine has never been updated still just says application received and my husband just got approved and passport is on the way back!! Stay positive and near your phone! lol.
THANK YOU
Yes e-cas doesn't work for me either, I am stuck to my telephone now, I am thinking they wont even try to call back and just go on and sent the passport.

HAPPY NEWS in their way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let us know when your husban get your passport

Thanks

Belizian

Jul 7, 2011
I have tried to call DHL and can't get through to the Belize location. The DHL in Canada confirmed that the tracking number seems to be correct as they are 10 digits..but he said it can take 24 hours to get registered in the system. The lady who called my husband said the package should leave at about 830 am yesterday tho..so I just keep checking over and over again!

felicity: I would assume they would just send the passport out..good luck and let me know when you can track it!

costa: I don't think that they work on Fridays..and they will be closed on Monday as well..due to Thanksgiving. So no use obsessing till Tues..lol. I cannot stop obsessing though..as my husband and I are hoping he will still get his passport today and will fly out tomorrow!! I am 8 months pregnant and cannot wait to see him!!

good luck to everyone and keep us updated! Thanks!

felicity01

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Belizian said:
I have tried to call DHL and can't get through to the Belize location. The DHL in Canada confirmed that the tracking number seems to be correct as they are 10 digits..but he said it can take 24 hours to get registered in the system. The lady who called my husband said the package should leave at about 830 am yesterday tho..so I just keep checking over and over again!

felicity: I would assume they would just send the passport out..good luck and let me know when you can track it!

costa: I don't think that they work on Fridays..and they will be closed on Monday as well..due to Thanksgiving. So no use obsessing till Tues..lol. I cannot stop obsessing though..as my husband and I are hoping he will still get his passport today and will fly out tomorrow!! I am 8 months pregnant and cannot wait to see him!!

good luck to everyone and keep us updated! Thanks!
Hello
I've called DHL here in Costa Rica
And gave out my tracking number, the lady told me there is no way to track your passports returns since The embassy only releases this information once the passport has arrived at the DHL brunch at it final destination
So..we'll be able to find out only when that finally happens!

Good luck everyone!

amberrojas

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15, 2010
AOR Received.
November 17, 2010
File Transfer...
November 29, 2010
Med's Done....
Sep. 8, 2010 and again Sep 12, 2011
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
April 18, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 6, 2011
LANDED..........
November 10, 2011
We were given a tracking number for his passport and they even told his family on the phone he was approved. i thought that was weird that they didn't even tell my husband first, but I didn't care!!!!!! It was a yes!! They sent it yesterday and he picked it up in SJo this morning. They also send back our application package of photos, email everything except the actual application papers which of course they would keep!!
Congrats to all who have received approval!!!!!!! SOOOO Happy!!

felicity01

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
amberrojas said:
We were given a tracking number for his passport and they even told his family on the phone he was approved. i thought that was weird that they didn't even tell my husband first, but I didn't care!!!!!! It was a yes!! They sent it yesterday and he picked it up in SJo this morning. They also send back our application package of photos, email everything except the actual application papers which of course they would keep!!
Congrats to all who have received approval!!!!!!! SOOOO Happy!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amber are you able to see the tracking of your passport now? in the DHL site?

Thanks! CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!

Belizian

Jul 7, 2011
my husband also got a call from DHL and he picked up his package with passport today!! I just booked his flight for tomorrow!!! We are so excited!!
congrats amberrojas!!

Mine still wasn't trackable at all on DHL.. I am sure yours will be avail if not today on Monday felicity01!!

felicity01

Star Member
Apr 17, 2010
Belizian said:
my husband also got a call from DHL and he picked up his package with passport today!! I just booked his flight for tomorrow!!! We are so excited!!
congrats amberrojas!!

Mine still wasn't trackable at all on DHL.. I am sure yours will be avail if not today on Monday felicity01!!
Hola
REALLY!!! then I should go anyways!
Thanks for your response !!! I REALLY APPRECIATE IT

I called again and nothing they don't have it.....
I still have to wait.

I wish you the best you'll have the best weekend in a long time though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 28, 2011
Belizian, that is so exciting! Well, I am also pregnant, 6 months.. do you think in your case that being pregnant helped to speed things along after they requested the passport? It's not why I got pregnant but I sure hope that it helps me..

Belizian

Jul 7, 2011
thanks everyone! :D
felicity: at least monday maybe the package will be there Monday! I don't see why they d call if you weren't approved..Guat has contacted us only by email before the approval call..

costa: I really don't know if my pregnancy had anything to do with the speedy processing..i did send Dr's notes recommending my husband be with me for family support..and an ultrasound pic. We def didn't get pregnant for immigration reasons either..but are at the age where we wanted to start our family. My theory is that maybe the Guat office has to process a certain amount of PR visa's from all the Central American countries and Belize has a smaller population..therefore probably a lot less applications.. Although I could be way off..lol. I also prayed A LOT and had a lot of family and friends praying so I guess God is the real reason we got fast approval! Lol.

I did all the paperwork myself and tried to be very organized and specific with enough background info..but not over doing it and causing too much time to be used reading unnecessary info..

good luck to everyone.