+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland, Quebec Applications!

Darque

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-May-2011
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2011
File Transfer...
13-Jun-2011 CSQ Approved: 11-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
I finally got approved as a sponsor, so I'm mailing my forms off to MICC later this week.

boomerang11

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2011 (CPC-M received on 15 March 2011); MICC Received Undertaking - 27 April 2011
Nomination.....
CSQ Received 27 May 2011
AOR Received.
No AOR; Initial Assessment via e-mail - 8 June 2011
File Transfer...
Buffalo Acknowledged PR Application - 21 April 2011
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-11
LANDED..........
03-09-11
Congratulations, Darque!! You're on your way!

It took only about 2-3 weeks for me to receive my CSQ. Also, it's been my experience that if you call this office, you usually get questions answered immediately.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Darque said:
I finally got approved as a sponsor, so I'm mailing my forms off to MICC later this week.
congrats Darque :)

(i would b more active but i have nothing to say...we r not at the QC stage yet, soooooooon)

dyj2010: many people complained that although MICC was supposed to send the CSQ to the VO, somehow the CSQ was not received/lost, etc....so, it's better that u follow up...if MICC say that u should send it, then send it!! otherwise wait a few weeks and ask the VO to confirm that they receive it from MICC

if u do send it urself, i would not send the original, scanned should be fine; also it's better to send once u got the AOR and the file nuber (but some VOs don't even send u an AOR ??? )

good luck for all!!

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is important to keep the original CSQ, because certain Québec governmental services require seeing the original. (And the original doesn't look too much like An Original, so I keep a post-it on it that says "original" so that I won't accidentally mistake it for a copy and mail it off somewhere. The only way I can tell it is an original is by looking at the pen color of the signature.)

We sent a copy of the CSQ to Buffalo to make sure it got there, after hearing on the Buffalo thread of the CSQ never arriving or getting lost in a few cases. It might not have been necessary (since it is supposed to happen without our involvement), but I decided I would rather do it "just in case."

NYQUE

May 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2011
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
06-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
25-04-2012
Passport Req..
25-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2012
LANDED..........
25-04-2012
Hello all, I hope everyone is in a good spirit, I know the wait suxs but all will be worth once everything is done for everyone, I just wanted to share at what point I am right now, I sent our application to MICC, it was received on June 3 and I submitted the credit card payment form to keep track of it, the credit card was charged yesterday so I guess that's a good sign as I guess is in the work now, my only concern with the whole thing of the Canada post strike I'm sure the process will be delay in some form which is a bummer.

That being said, when I submitted our sponsorship application to Mississauga, I didn't include the medical examination, when I received the email stating my wife was approved as a sponsor it said they forwarded the application to Buffalo and that I was missing the medical examination, I did them this week and I mailed them today along with a more updated FBI certificate just in case because I know they expire every three months, I got 2 sets of finger prints done for the certificate so I submitted 2 applications 2 months apart, the first one was sent with the original sponsorship application and the second one I sent it today.

The last piece I'm missing is to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) which I understand I don't have to wait until they ask for it, I will make that payment online on Friday and mail the receipt to Mississauga and to Buffalo, I'm also hoping my wife will get the CSQ in the next 2 weeks, then I guess it will be a matter of wait.

Good luck to everyone, I will update when I receive (when my wife receives) the CSQ.

NYQUE

May 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2011
AOR Received.
03-08-2011
File Transfer...
06-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
25-04-2012
Passport Req..
25-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2012
LANDED..........
25-04-2012
Hello all, I just wanted to let everyone know, not sure if you checked already, seem that the Quebec Immigration web-site has posted the following update:

Please note that effective June 7, 2011, the new Direction du courrier et de l'encaissement (DCE) will process immigration applications by mail only. Consequently, immigration applications (permanent and temporary immigration) accompanied by the required fees transmitted to the new DCE in Montréal must be sent by mail only to the following address:

Direction du courrier et de l’encaissement
285, rue Notre-Dame Ouest, 4e étage
Montréal (Québec) H2Y 1T8
CANADA

Also they updated their checklist and now they ask for proof of your status (sponsor) in Canada*:

Citizenship: a legible photocopy of the identification pages in your passport or your travel document
including the number, date of issue and expiry, your photo, first and last names as well as the date and
place of birth, a photocopy of both sides of your Canadian citizenship card, of your Canadian birth certificate
or of your certificate of registration of birth abroad.
Permanent residence: a legible photocopy of your record of landing (IMM1000) or of your permanent
residence card.

Have a good day all!

dyj2010

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2011 /CSQ received 08-07-2011
AOR Received.
21-06-2011
File Transfer...
30-05-2011
Med's Done....
30-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2011
LANDED..........
03-02-2012
Alright thank you! But.. did i understand wrong when i read somewhere that when we receive the CSQ (sponsor) we have to send the original to the sponsored for when he comes to Qc? ??? im confused! lol

@NYQUE yeah! im glad i did it before that! less papers and went directly to the office and paid there! at least no worries about if it was fine and if it got there! haha

Its pissing me off to see the strike with Canada Post! maybe i would have receive it this week but now no mail for like 3 days and counting.. they obviously dont know that we are not only waiting for bills to arrive! loll

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
NYQUE said:
Hello all, I just wanted to let everyone know, not sure if you checked already, seem that the Quebec Immigration web-site has posted the following update:

Please note that effective June 7, 2011, the new Direction du courrier et de l'encaissement (DCE) will process immigration applications by mail only. Consequently, immigration applications (permanent and temporary immigration) accompanied by the required fees transmitted to the new DCE in Montréal must be sent by mail only to the following address:

Direction du courrier et de l'encaissement
285, rue Notre-Dame Ouest, 4e étage
Montréal (Québec) H2Y 1T8
CANADA

Also they updated their checklist and now they ask for proof of your status (sponsor) in Canada*:

Citizenship: a legible photocopy of the identification pages in your passport or your travel document
including the number, date of issue and expiry, your photo, first and last names as well as the date and
place of birth, a photocopy of both sides of your Canadian citizenship card, of your Canadian birth certificate
or of your certificate of registration of birth abroad.
Permanent residence: a legible photocopy of your record of landing (IMM1000) or of your permanent
residence card.

Have a good day all!
thanks nyque that's very useful :)

Darque

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-May-2011
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2011
File Transfer...
13-Jun-2011 CSQ Approved: 11-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
I posted my forms off to MICC today, should be there tomorrow by noon :D

Another 20 days to wait for stage 2 approval ::)

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dyj2010 said:
Alright thank you! But.. did i understand wrong when i read somewhere that when we receive the CSQ (sponsor) we have to send the original to the sponsored for when he comes to Qc? ??? im confused! lol

@ NYQUE yeah! im glad i did it before that! less papers and went directly to the office and paid there! at least no worries about if it was fine and if it got there! haha

Its pissing me off to see the strike with Canada Post! maybe i would have receive it this week but now no mail for like 3 days and counting.. they obviously dont know that we are not only waiting for bills to arrive! loll
The sponsored person will eventually need the original to register for various things. And perhaps to enter Canada? I can't remember if I had to show my CSQ when I landed? I know I had it with me.

Within Quebec, I know for sure that I have had to show it a number of times, including when signing up for French classes, and I think when registering for RAMQ. And when the new PR applies for a Quebec Drivers License, I think it is required then too.

mecca

Jun 20, 2011
PHILIPPINES
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi how long they will send the CSQ im frm manila my husband was Canadian til now i was waiting for my CSQ..

mecca

Jun 20, 2011
PHILIPPINES
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i already send all my documents and the other doc they requested to me but for right now im still waiting for my CSQ and my RPRF i don't really know how long i will recieved my mail my CSQ certificate' i apply it last june'11..

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mine took about 3 weeks (when I applied last fall). I think it was mailed to the sponsor with notification of the approval of sponsorship by the MICC and then the CSQ was in the same letter.