+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland PARIS applications

kevs

May 17, 2013
I have searched this, but can't seem to find many applicants from Paris, and no specific thread on it.

Lets share experiences!

Type: Common Law
20/11/2012 - Application Filed
18/02/2013 - Sponsorship approved
14/03/2013 - Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR)

Anxiously waiting for nexts steps...

Thanks and good luck to all!
kevs

yippee

Oct 30, 2012
Hi,

Thanks for starting the thread, our application is also going through Paris:

SPOUSAL
Received in Mississauga: 22/01/2013
Sponsor approval: 18/02/2013

Since sponsor approval, I don't think anything has changed when I log into CIC and check my application status - just that our application was received January 22, and it does say that medical results have been received. Did you get an email for AOR, or did you just see it online?

kevs

May 17, 2013
Hi yippee,

interesting our sponsorship was approved the same day, even though I applied in November. Maybe because mine is common law?

I did receive an email on 2013/03/14 that I assume is the AOR:

"Dear (...),

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2012/11/20."

My ecas status is "In Process". Did you get this status prior to the medical exams received notice? I havent got any reference on the medical exams yet.

yippee

Oct 30, 2012
Well, kevs I'm so glad you started this thread - I just checked my online status (which I normally only do on Tuesdays) and lo and behold, we are IN PROCESS since May 15!

I may have been mistaken with my terminology regarding AOR - but I didn't receive anything via email since sponsor approval. In total I received 2 emails from CIC:

05/02/2013: " ... application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by CIC on 2013/01/22" (maybe this is my AOR? I thought AOR would come from Paris)
18/02/2013: sponsor approval

I have no idea why our sponsorship approval came so quickly, but I did notice that the estimated times for Stage 1 changed on CIC website at the beginning of the year.

I can't remember whether or not MEDICAL RESULTS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED was always there, but it certainly has been there since at least March (before IN PROCESS). My husband's medicals were done in Algeria in late November. When I originally sent in our package in December, I forgot to include the receipt of payment, and they returned the entire package to me by post (luckily this only seems to have costed us a month). When they returned it, all of the documentation was stamped RECEIVED with a December date. I *think* I read somewhere that medicals need to be received within 3 months? Maybe that's why it was mentioned so early in our online status.

Again thanks for sharing - I was going crazy waiting for IN PROCESS :)

kevs

May 17, 2013
That's great news, your one step closer now! Congrats!

We did receive the AOR from the Paris embassy, it was sent to my partners (the applicant) email, while the sponsorship email were sent to me (the sponsor).

As you are 'in process', I guess everything is in order.

I only sent the medicals after sending the process, as that was how I was told by the local doctor. I guess that is why there is no update on the medicals yet.

Have been 'in process' for about 2 months now. Cant wait to get an update sometime soon!

Best of luck for you!

dina87

Mar 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
26-02-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2013 DECISION MADE: 11-04-2013 VISA RECEIVED: 16-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-10-2013
hi,

my timeline:

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Paris
App. Filed.......: 04-02-2013
AOR Received.: 15-02-2013
File Transfer...: 26-02-2013
Med's Done....: 17-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...: 08-04-2013
DECISION MADE: 11-04-2013
VISA RECEIVED: 16-04-2013

kevs

May 17, 2013
Hi dina87,

wow, you applied in Febuary and got your visa in April?? Congratualations!

I applied in November and am still waiting.

We are applying as common law partners. Maybe it takes longer than spousal?

Best of wishes,
kevs

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
kevs said:
Hi dina87,

wow, you applied in Febuary and got your visa in April?? Congratualations!

I applied in November and am still waiting.

We are applying as common law partners. Maybe it takes longer than spousal?

Best of wishes,
kevs
There is not always an explanation of why some applications get processed faster than others. Common law and married are considered the same, as long as you can prove that you have lived at least 12 months - sometimes getting proofs of that is more difficult than getting a marriage certificate.
In your case, the fact that the medicals weren't included in the original application might delay a bit. But if it's in process now, it's good news!
Dina87's case is unusually fast - stage 1 is usually around 1 month, and stage 2 at least 2 or 3 months - but some people's file get picked up in random order! so good for her!

It also depends quite a lot on where the applicant is from. If the applicant is from a visa-exempt country (France, Belgium, Switzerland for example), then it goes faster, as the background checks are much faster ( better cooperation within Europe, and easier access to criminal records etc) than for non-visa-exempt applicants being processed through Paris. (it's the same for all VO across Europe).

Hope you hear back from Paris soon!
Good luck,
Sweden

kevs

May 17, 2013
Thanks Sweden.

We actually are from a visa-exempt country.

About the medicals, we made an appointment at the DMP before sending the application, and what they told us was that we should only make the appointment after we had a reference number... A few months later, still in stage 1, we got an email saying that the medicals were missing, which was kind of a surprise. We managed to get everything taken care of the same week, sent thing by courrier, and proof by email the same day. Later that day we received an email saying sponsorship had been approved!

There was one thing that may have caused a delay: we misunderstood the RPRF instructions. We paid everything upfront, but instead of paying to the CPC, we paid to the embassy's bank account. When we were informed about this, we made the correct payment the same day, and sent proof by email (we eventually got refunded of the initial payment). I guess this could have backed us up though...

Thanks a lot!
kevs

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
A friend of ours applied last spring 2012, common-law as well.
his application only took 3 months from when application was transfered to Paris and he was back in Canada, extremely fast!!
:)

kb07

Oct 26, 2012
Helloo all!

Thanks Kevs for setting up this thread as I am going CRAZY over here!!

So our timeline is as follows:

Application recieved in Missasauga Jan 11th 2013

Sponsorship approval Jan 28th 2013

We received your application for permanent residence on January 11, 2013.

We started processing your application on March 18, 2013.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

We noticed on the ECAS that is changed to 'Decision Made' at the beginning of April and we still have no word!!! He is from Belgium so it is visa exempt, we have paid all fees up front....so now we wait I guess??? Do you guys think its just sitting on someones desk at the embassy??

Bibiche

Star Member
Sep 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2013
Med's Done....
27-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-05-2013
LANDED..........
very soon!!
Hi there!

Have a look at my profile info, it will give you an idea how long of a process it was for us through Paris. For those of you who have received a "Decision Made" message, I can say that our file was being processed on April 29th and shortly after, I checked, it said "Decision Made"...someone will contact you...etc. Not too long after, my husband received an email saying "ready to issue visa" etc. :D Thank God I was copied (as the sponsor) on the email because my husband had changed his email address, had notified CIC but it was still sent to his old email address which he does not have access anymore. SO, I got the news before him by being copied on the message. I would say it would have been around 2 weeks between Decision Made and the email...approximately. I can't recall exactly 'cause I was checking daily hoping to see more information. Then, the Decision Made status stayed there for a while and last week was changed to our Canadian address. :D
The Paris office seems very efficient, they don't contact you unless they need more information or if they have any doubts, otherwise, they work on your file and within 6 months, the whole process is done. (most of the time, as you know, time may vary for different reasons with different applications). :)

It seemed so far away at the beginning and in 3 weeks, I will be with my husband!! I wish you all Paris applicants a smooth and quick process!! Good Luck to all.

dina87

Mar 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
26-02-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
12-10-2013
kb07 said:
Helloo all!

Thanks Kevs for setting up this thread as I am going CRAZY over here!!

So our timeline is as follows:

Application recieved in Missasauga Jan 11th 2013

Sponsorship approval Jan 28th 2013

We received your application for permanent residence on January 11, 2013.

We started processing your application on March 18, 2013.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

We noticed on the ECAS that is changed to 'Decision Made' at the beginning of April and we still have no word!!! He is from Belgium so it is visa exempt, we have paid all fees up front....so now we wait I guess??? Do you guys think its just sitting on someones desk at the embassy??
Check if your mail address is correctly recorded. A wrong address may cause a delay.

kb07

Oct 26, 2012
Hey thanks for info!! The emails are correct as we have received previous emails to both of us no problem. It sounds like its just a waiting game now.... We are nearly at the 5 month mark...and 2 and a half of those months have been in the decision made process....so I think I will wait to contact them until mid June...which also happens to be my bday...so fingers crossed I get the best birthday present ever!!!!

dina87

Mar 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
26-02-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
12-10-2013
kb07 said:
Hey thanks for info!! The emails are correct as we have received previous emails to both of us no problem. It sounds like its just a waiting game now.... We are nearly at the 5 month mark...and 2 and a half of those months have been in the decision made process....so I think I will wait to contact them until mid June...which also happens to be my bday...so fingers crossed I get the best birthday present ever!!!!
The COPR does not come via E-Mail. It will be mailed to your postal address which appears under mail address in E-CAS.