+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

JenB

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Whistler!
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 17th 2011
Passport Req..
October 27th 2011
I got sponsourship approval today!! yay! About time that Missisauga started moving again!
Now it's all on london :D

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Congratulations!

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All!

I have a (slightly blonde) question but I need to ask just to make sure - Im living in England with my canadian husband - he is sponsoring me for perminent residency - am I correct in thinking the full application has to be sent to the Canadian High Commission in London? It is just we had a friend call the helpline in Canada about something else and the man on the phone said it all had to be sent to Canada?!!

Im thinking as we both live in England, it should go to London right?

Thanks guys!! :)

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
the application should first be sent to mississauga, this is for the sponsership part, once the sponsership is approved, it will then be sent to your visa office, in your case london :)

Lyx

Oct 4, 2010
What happens when you land? And who do you need to tell about your plans for landing?

My passport was requested yesterday -and I sent it off immediately - but the email said that I have to land by a specific date in February or I'll have to start the process all over again(My medical runs out on that date). But how long does the actual perminent residence last if you land before or on the specified date?

Surely I won't have to apply/pay for a new permanent residence right away?

I thought it lasted as long as one's passport?

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Anna McG, you send everything to Mississauga ON where they will assess your husband as a sponsor. Once he is approved, they will forward the application on to London where they assess you for permanent residency.

Lyx, congrats on the PPR! You have 1 year from the date of your medicals to land (or until your passport expires, whichever comes first) If you havent landed within this time then yes you will have to start over. It doesnt matter when you land as long as its before the expiry date.

My PR card is valid until May 2016 (Passport is good until 2018 and I landed in April 2011 so not sure why 5 years 1 month...) When your PR card expires you must apply for a new one to retain the PR status.
To keep permanent resident status you have to live in canada for 2 out of every 5 years.

I hope that helps!

Lyx

Oct 4, 2010
pinklady said:
Lyx, congrats on the PPR! You have 1 year from the date of your medicals to land (or until your passport expires, whichever comes first) If you havent landed within this time then yes you will have to start over. It doesnt matter when you land as long as its before the expiry date.

My PR card is valid until May 2016 (Passport is good until 2018 and I landed in April 2011 so not sure why 5 years 1 month...) When your PR card expires you must apply for a new one to retain the PR status.
To keep permanent resident status you have to live in canada for 2 out of every 5 years.

I hope that helps!
It does help a lot thanks :) I know this sounds weird because I should've been prepared for all of this, but I am actually not sure I'll be able to get all my s**t together by then (house, quitting job and what not). So I am kinda hoping to 'land' and then go back from whence I came to sort out some stuff. Hope that's possible?!

Maybe this is helpful to some people out there starting the process, but this has all gone a lot faster than I thought :D

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Thats definately possible, other people have done it.
Land then go back to england to tie up all the loose ends, not a problem at all!

Congrats again on the PPR!

LongTimeComing

Aug 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2011
AOR Received.
12-05-2011
Med's Done....
03-11-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
03-08-2011
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
JenB said:
I got sponsourship approval today!! yay! About time that Missisauga started moving again!
Now it's all on london :D
Congrads! The first part is over. but still a great feeling

TGR

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-08-2011
Med's Done....
21-05-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 17th 2011
LANDED..........
Estimated Feb 2012
Pinklady,
can you update your spreadsheet- checked ecas a few days ago and it says the the application was in progress as of Aug 22nd!

Shaun70

Jun 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/07/11
Med's Done....
12/05/11
LANDED..........
11/12/11
Hi

Am from July group, got first stage approval on the 8th of September, after sending file in on the 5th of July, going through London, if you want to add me to the spread sheet.

Shaun

alasken

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
Should I be bothered that I still haven't heard anything more since I got sponsorship approval on August 17?

In e-cas it says under "Permanent residence application status":
"We received XXXXXXXXX's application for permanent residence on June 27, 2011."

Under "Sponsorship application status" it says:
"We received your application to sponsor XXXXXX on June 27, 2011.

We started processing your application on August 17, 2011.

We sent you a letter on August 17, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

That's it. Should I just assume that it has arrived in London and that they just haven't updated e-cas, or is there any cause for concern with regards to my application getting delivered there? Any input would be appreciated as I'm getting worried.

dancanman

Sep 6, 2011
Just a quick question. Medicals, I made an appointmnt in BC with a doctor on monday, but am not entirely ready with all documents yet....would it be better to wait, or would it be ok to get the medicals over with ? In other words, how long are the medicals good for ? I've seen a lot of different times on that.

Thanks

AndreUK

Star Member
Mar 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 July 2011
File Transfer...
15 September 2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
Passport Req..
17 November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 2011
LANDED..........
21 December 2011
Hey there - You have to LAND within ONE YEAR of your medical.
If your visa office is London and you're applying OUTLAND (as this title thread suggests), you have plenty of time.
As long as you're ready in say up to 2 months from now.

dancanman said:
Just a quick question. Medicals, I made an appointmnt in BC with a doctor on monday, but am not entirely ready with all documents yet....would it be better to wait, or would it be ok to get the medicals over with ? In other words, how long are the medicals good for ? I've seen a lot of different times on that.

Thanks

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
dancanman said:

Thanks
Make sure you apply for your police certificate, that can take a little longer to arrive, especially if you're having it sent to canada.
You should have enough time, but read over the document checklists so you have a good idea of what you need.