+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

heleng

Aug 11, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-11
File Transfer...
17-02-11
IndividualLikeEveryoneEls said:
heleng i am in process, in Canada and about to renew my visitor permit. How much detail did you include in your visitor permit application?
i gave client id number and sent photocopies of the all paper work i had so far regarding the pr application along with a photocopy of my marrigage cert., a copy of my passport with all the relevant pages and my husbands passport. I also included my husbands wage slips for the last couple of months showing that he can support me along with a copy of his bank statement. On top of that i got my parents in the UK to write a letter saying that they would support me if needed and pay for flights back if i ever needed them.

I didn't put that much explaination into the application i think the fact you are applying for family class PR speaks for itself. Just send then copies of as much evidenence as you can. They just want to know your plan is to be a PR and you can support yourself without working till then.

Hope this helps

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
heleng said:
Yes i have been in Canada while the whole process has been going on. You get 6 months but i have just extended my visitors visa no problem. As long as you are in the process and you can prove funds then it seems they will continue to extend your visitor visa until the process is complete. You just can't work :(
Hi heleng

Wt abt if u ve 9months visa ? Do u still need permission after 6 months as a visitor while in Canada ?

Naz

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Millu said:
Althoug, earliest you can apply is 2 years from getting permanent residence status. When you are visitor here, every day is count as a half day residing in Canada.

I hope this helps, please correct me if i am wrong!
Is this true?

Heckler

Mar 14, 2011
Bristol, Uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-10
Passport Req..
11-01-11
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-11
LANDED..........
02-04-11
Just thought I'd post here to let everyone know I landed on Saturday ;D
THe landing process was very straightforward, though due to 2 other filghts being delayed & arriving at Vancouver airport at the same time as mine, I had about 40 chinises students in front of me & as a result was left standing in line for almost 2 hours before getting to see an immigration official!
Once I got there though it only took about 5 minutes for everything to be processed.
I have to say that the attitiude of the immigration officials was extremely pleasant & welcoming, I didn't get a "welcome to Canada mind you" :p

For those of you stressing about or merely wondering about what the landing process involves, I can say it was very quick & easy!
They look at your entry visa, ask you a few questions, confirming I didn't have any dependent children & to confirm the address I'd be living at (also asking for a phone number for that residence).
Then I just had to sign my name a few times. He read through & stamped my "goods" lists & that was it :D

GOod luck to everyone going through the process, I hope it's as smooth & straightforward as my application was.

Dec 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
AOR Received.
31-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-02-2011
Med's Done....
27-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2011
LANDED..........
17-06-2011
heleng said:
i gave client id number and sent photocopies of the all paper work i had so far regarding the pr application
thanks for the reply. this helps a lot as i need to do that this week. i presume you didn't include your whole PR application, just the CIC replies you've had to date such as sponsorship approval letter? or did you include things like your CIC application forms (schedule 1 background, IMM1344A & B etc)?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinklady said:
Is this true?
Yes.

CIC only look at the four years before you apply for citizenship - so you can only use days from the two years previous to getting your PR.

juljud

Star Member
Jan 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010
File Transfer...
23-11-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2011
LANDED..........
03-04-2011
Hi Guys,

Just let you know I landed as a PR now. We drove to Fort Erie and we didn`t even have to go to the US because we saw the Return to Canada sign (from the road where we walked from the Duty Free shop). A border guard was just beside the road before the sign and we told her I just want to do my landing and she was so nice and showed us where to turn back.
Then we queued a bit with other cars then they asked my passport, my sponsor`s passport and pr and asked us if we went to the US or bought something in the duty free shop. He also asked me since when I am in Canada as a visitor and that if I left Canada during that time. He wrote down our car`s plate number gave us a paper and sent us to the official building where there was no other clients only the two us and some officers. They checked my passport , my visa and my visitor record. Then they checked my partner`s pr card and passport and I had to sign the confirmation of permanent residence. The offcer also asked me if I am or has been married , divorced, no other sponsored relatives will come later and no other belongings come from abroad. She also asked me if I want to tavel before I get my pr card. I said no. She said I have to wait 4-6 weeks to receive my pr and congrats with a big smile.
It took only 5 -10 mins and we were done. I highly reccomend everybody who wants to avoid the paperwork at the US border to go to Fort Erie, there were more trucks than cars.
We were there around 10 am, so it`s very quick to do the landing there. You might drive 20 or 10 mins more than going to the Rainbow Bridge but as you avoid the US paperwork it willl take 10-20 mins less , so it`s like landing at the Rainbow Bridge.
I sorted out my SIN and health coverage and bank account too.
It was very quick though it depends when and where you go.
good luck everyone who is waiting for passport and plan to land.

juljud

Star Member
Jan 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010
File Transfer...
23-11-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2011
LANDED..........
03-04-2011
BIG THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP HERE ON THIS FORUM.

WE COULDN`T HAVE DONE ALL THIS PR SO SMOOTHLY IF WE WOULDN`T HAVE HAD YOUR HELP.

THANK YOU SO MUCH AND THUMBS UP AND GOOD LUCK FOR EVERYONE WHO IS WAITING!

BIG BIG THANKS AGAIN!!!

Millu

Sep 28, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2010
File Transfer...
22-11-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-2-2011
LANDED..........
23-4-2011
pinklady said:
Is this true?
Pink lady, this is from cic website

"What is the residence requirement?
To be eligible for Canadian citizenship, you must have lived in Canada for at least three years (1,095 days) out of the four years (1,460 days) preceding your application. Please note that you cannot meet the residence requirements for citizenship without a minimum of two (2) years as a permanent resident.

When calculating your time in Canada:

only the four (4) years preceding the date of your application are taken into account;
each day you lived in Canada before you became a permanent resident counts as half a day;
each day you lived in Canada after you became a permanent resident counts as one day;
time spent serving a sentence for an offence in Canada (e.g. prison, penitentiary, jail, reformatory, conditional sentence, probation and/or parole) cannot be counted toward residence - there are some exceptions to this rule;
absences from Canada may have an impact on your residence. Only a citizenship judge can determine if you meet the residence requirements with fewer than 1,095 days of physical presence."

Millu

Sep 28, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2010
File Transfer...
22-11-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-2-2011
LANDED..........
23-4-2011
juljud

thank you for sharing your landing experience!
I am glad to hear it went well!!!

Stay busy and thumbs up for job hunt!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Millu said:
Pink lady, this is from cic website

"What is the residence requirement?
To be eligible for Canadian citizenship, you must have lived in Canada for at least three years (1,095 days) out of the four years (1,460 days) preceding your application. Please note that you cannot meet the residence requirements for citizenship without a minimum of two (2) years as a permanent resident.

When calculating your time in Canada:

only the four (4) years preceding the date of your application are taken into account;
each day you lived in Canada before you became a permanent resident counts as half a day;
each day you lived in Canada after you became a permanent resident counts as one day;
time spent serving a sentence for an offence in Canada (e.g. prison, penitentiary, jail, reformatory, conditional sentence, probation and/or parole) cannot be counted toward residence - there are some exceptions to this rule;
absences from Canada may have an impact on your residence. Only a citizenship judge can determine if you meet the residence requirements with fewer than 1,095 days of physical presence."
Hey, thanks!
So visiting counts as living? That's what I'm unclear about! I don't even have a visitor record, just stamps in my passport. I would be able to prove I was in Canada though. Hmmmm interesting!!

shandymoo

Sep 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
AOR Received.
17-02-11
File Transfer...
09-02-2011
Med's Done....
21-12-2010
Passport Req..
20-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2011
LANDED..........
27-05-2011

Millu

Sep 28, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2010
File Transfer...
22-11-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-2-2011
LANDED..........
23-4-2011
pinklady said:
Hey, thanks!
So visiting counts as living? That's what I'm unclear about! I don't even have a visitor record, just stamps in my passport. I would be able to prove I was in Canada though. Hmmmm interesting!!
yeah it is. i am not sure if visiting counts. Maybe have to make a call to call center and ask...
but it would be nice if they count visiting as well! i would already have days worth over 6months :D

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Its got to be anytime now for you. Its been 55 days from sponsor approval so far, and looking at my london spreadsheet you are approaching average processing times.
Did you email them a query in an attempt to get the PPR via email?

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Millu said:
yeah it is. i am not sure if visiting counts. Maybe have to make a call to call center and ask...
but it would be nice if they count visiting as well! i would already have days worth over 6months :D
That would be good, we could get citizenship in record time!