+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

AHC

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
Nomination.....
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
28-06-2017
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
17-07-2017
Ok. I was asking because at Mississauga there were updates on Saturdays.
it's how banking works .. you release a payment but that payment doesnt gets applied to the account till the next day or the day after .. depending on when you made that payment .. you have to realize that there will always be system delays .. :)

Reactions: WeegieInOttawa

JSNH

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
31-08-2017
Doc's Request.
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-10-2017
File Transfer...
08-02-2017
Med's Request
20-10-2017
Med's Done....
02-11-2017
it's how banking works .. you release a payment but that payment doesnt gets applied to the account till the next day or the day after .. depending on when you made that payment .. you have to realize that there will always be system delays .. :)
All their systems could work in mysterious ways.. For my file transfer email I got it at 9pm (ottawa time) on a Friday night.

Never can tell who is doing what when! o_O
Fair point. Thanks guys!

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
procedural fairness letter, officer asking for more proof to remove their doubts on the app
OK, new one on me.

To answer the question, the background check is normally the very last thing they do before 'decision made / acceptance'. They would not normally invest the time and effort of a background check until they had decided on approval.

That is not to say that it is impossible for them to start a BGC before PFL, but pretty unusual I would venture!

If, on your case they are showing BGC in progress, then possibly one of two things:

1. They have decided to accept but just want to send you through some more hoops first / get more paper
2. They have cocked-up and pressed the wrong button and accidentally updated MyCIC

Reactions: aerchan

aerchan

Jan 23, 2017
OK, new one on me.

To answer the question, the background check is normally the very last thing they do before 'decision made / acceptance'. They would not normally invest the time and effort of a background check until they had decided on approval.

That is not to say that it is impossible for them to start a BGC before PFL, but pretty unusual I would venture!

If, on your case they are showing BGC in progress, then possibly one of two things:

1. They have decided to accept but just want to send you through some more hoops first / get more paper
2. They have cocked-up and pressed the wrong button and accidentally updated MyCIC
I know that's what I was thinking too why would they start bgc first then the next day 24hrs send a PFL? this was 4months since transferred to LVO after dead silence... asking for more proofs of communication and our proof of when we met back in 2009???? that was 8yrs before we even got married... they seem to be more interested on how we met and dont express concern on the genuinity of our marriage, so i hope that the proofs we provided would be enough...

Last edited:

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
I know that's what I was thinking too why would they start bgc first then the next day 24hrs send a PFL? this was 4months since transferred to LVO after dead silence... asking for more proofs of communication and our proof of when we met back in 2009???? that was 8yrs before we even got married... they seem to be more interested on how we met and dont express concern on the genuinity of our marriage, so i hope that the proofs we provided would be enough...
Feels very much like a 'box ticking' exercise as part of a final review of your case prior to approval by a Supervisor who is keen to show why they are worth the extra money - just 'go to town' on the 'proof' and tick that box and try not to worry!!

aerchan

Jan 23, 2017
Feels very much like a 'box ticking' exercise as part of a final review of your case prior to approval by a Supervisor who is keen to show why they are worth the extra money - just 'go to town' on the 'proof' and tick that box and try not to worry!!
I did provide them what they needed and hope to God that was enough for them, very much surprised were using youtube as part of all this evidence... and I do hope bgc is not a glitch however i wonder when i would get any response :( trying not to worry too much and just keeping my spirits up

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
I did provide them what they needed and hope to God that was enough for them, very much surprised were using youtube as part of all this evidence... and I do hope bgc is not a glitch however i wonder when i would get any response :( trying not to worry too much and just keeping my spirits up
BGC is the sort of 'security check' they would give a potential government employee - checking 'those' databases of known terrorists, people on the 'watch list', not just for you, but for your relatives and people they know etc. How quick might depend on your name (how common or otherwise) and if by accident someone has the same or a similar name etc.

aerchan

Jan 23, 2017
BGC is the sort of 'security check' they would give a potential government employee - checking 'those' databases of known terrorists, people on the 'watch list', not just for you, but for your relatives and people they know etc. How quick might depend on your name (how common or otherwise) and if by accident someone has the same or a similar name etc.
not worried about how long bgc is just worried that this might just be a glitch if people say that PFL is when an officer is ready to refuse your application but giving you a chance to provide more evidence to turn it around in your favor. why would they waste giving us bgc in process a day before the PFL :(they get my hopes up and tear it apart the next day,, wonder when i would get any response from the additional docs given..

Last edited:

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
not worried about how long bgc is just worried that this might just be a glitch if people say that PFL is when an officer is ready to refuse your application but giving you a chance to provide more evidence to turn it around in your favor. why would they waste giving us bgc in process a day before the PFL :(they get my hopes up and tear it apart the next day,, wonder when i would get any response from the additional docs given..
I don't know your personal situation, but if you have been legally married for a number of years and have decent 'evidence' that it is genuine, then you have nothing to worry about, just another box ticking hurdle - try to relax and not thin k the worst. The next thing you are likely to hear is 'decision made' or PPR etc. They will not spec ificallyu feedback on the additional information you sent. They are looking for 'marriages of convenience' purely for immigration purposes, those are often recent marriages with staged photos etc.

aerchan

Jan 23, 2017
I don't know your personal situation, but if you have been legally married for a number of years and have decent 'evidence' that it is genuine, then you have nothing to worry about, just another box ticking hurdle - try to relax and not thin k the worst. The next thing you are likely to hear is 'decision made' or PPR etc. They will not spec ificallyu feedback on the additional information you sent. They are looking for 'marriages of convenience' purely for immigration purposes, those are often recent marriages with staged photos etc.
I have been married to this person for a year now, married legally and updated my last name to his, everything was updated to both insurances and stuff claimed him as my husband and vice versa.. and just hoping that this would all be done soon... Goodluck to all who are still waiting just like me...LVO seems to be moving ☺

Last edited:

FrostiRose

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
Doc's Request.
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Request
16-02-2017
Med's Done....
28-02-2017
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
Update for the spreadsheet:
PPR, Feb 1
COPR received Feb 12
Landed today, Feb 13, and am now a permanent resident.

I had a pleasant landing experience. Got my COPR yesterday in the mail, took the ferry from Victoria to Port Angeles where I explored the local pub scene, came back to Victoria today to land as PR. The immigration officer who helped me was a familiar face...one of the dads to a kid in my sons soccer team. No wait at all and it was done in less than 5 minutes. Visited Service Canada and got my SIN#, took almost an hour and a half to do that.
Doing my first full day of work tomorrow, will be very nice to have an income again!

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Update for the spreadsheet:
PPR, Feb 1
COPR received Feb 12
Landed today, Feb 13, and am now a permanent resident.

I had a pleasant landing experience. Got my COPR yesterday in the mail, took the ferry from Victoria to Port Angeles where I explored the local pub scene, came back to Victoria today to land as PR. The immigration officer who helped me was a familiar face...one of the dads to a kid in my sons soccer team. No wait at all and it was done in less than 5 minutes. Visited Service Canada and got my SIN#, took almost an hour and a half to do that.
Doing my first full day of work tomorrow, will be very nice to have an income again!
Awesome! Congrats! I can't wait to say "I have to get up for work in the morning"!