+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
pinklady said:
Hi Naz,

Same as canooknic, subject was File: F00000XXXX XXX, XXX XXX
and the email was from re-london-im enquiry @ international.gc.ca
It was sent at 11.45 am
Thanks PInklady

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Canooknic said:
My fiance's came through as "FILE Bxxxxxxx NAME xxxxxxxx"
Thanks
Canooknic

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hi,

I am waiting for my PPR email desperately and also have applied for visit visa for Canada. Currently my passport if with Canadian High Commission London for visit Visa.

Could someone tell me if i receive my PPR while i am in Canada as a visitor, do i have to come back to UK and got it stamped or i can send my passport to UK to get it stamped.

Regards

Naz

shorttalk

Star Member
Dec 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2010
AOR Received.
9th dec 2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
Naz, i only flew to the UK as it was an option for me and i was sick of waiting for the postman lol!!! They send you an email giving you a choice..

Heckler

Mar 14, 2011
Bristol, Uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-10
Passport Req..
11-01-11
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-11
LANDED..........
02-04-11
I can't believe I finally found this forum after I've already negotiated (with much anxiety & stress) the entire application process & just 2 weeks before I fly out to Canada with my PR Visa in hand :p
I'm sure if I'd found it sooner some of those stresses would have been lessened for sure!
As it is my wife (Candian & my sponsor) & I negotiated without any major issues at all. I actually found the online guides on the CIC website to be helpful & easy to understand, if only all government guides were written that way eh?

Anyway I'll bore you with a few details of our situation. We met online in 2007, chatted extensively for a few months before I visited her for the first time at Easter 2008. I actually mentioned visiting her as the reason for my visit the first time I visited & though it caused me to be sent via immigration on that & another subsequent visit I think it helped in the long run, It meant the Canadian Immigration already had me on record as being in a relationship with my now wife (In fact on my second visit they helpfully filled out a form with all those details on & clipped it into my passport! very handy for the application as proof of relationship ;) )
I proposed in November 2008 & we married in December 2009 in Victioria (her hometown & we're we'll be living)

We started the whole process almost straight away, I had my police check sone by the end of January 2010, my medical was delayed till April though (the local approved doctor in Bristol was on holiday & was then ill ???) We were intedning to get all the paperwork submitted by the end of May at the latest but sadly (& typically!) my wifes tax office decided to lose her tax info & we had to wait another 3 months for them to sort it out!
We finally applied at the end of September. If I remember correctly it was passed to the London office in early November.
I was in Canada over Christmas & New Year & just a day after I landed back in the UK I got the request for my passport from the London office ;D
I sent it off the next day & recieved it back in less than 3 weeks.

So I fly out at the beginning of April ;D
It all ended a bit rushed as the delays meant that the visa had less than 3 months to run when issued! That the one thing I'd advise to others planning to apply, if possible leave the medical until the bulk of the other paperwork has already been put together.

I should add I wasn;t required to go to an interview, I'm not sure how common that is or not, just thought others may like to know.

Anyway thats enough of spamming this board with my own story!
Good luck to everyone still waiting to apply or with applications being processed ;D

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Welcome Heckler; yes, it is a pity you didn't find us earlier :)

Well done and congratulations.

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
shorttalk said:
Naz, i only flew to the UK as it was an option for me and i was sick of waiting for the postman lol!!! They send you an email giving you a choice..
Thanks

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Heckler said:
I can't believe I finally found this forum after I've already negotiated (with much anxiety & stress) the entire application process & just 2 weeks before I fly out to Canada with my PR Visa in hand :p
I'm sure if I'd found it sooner some of those stresses would have been lessened for sure!
As it is my wife (Candian & my sponsor) & I negotiated without any major issues at all. I actually found the online guides on the CIC website to be helpful & easy to understand, if only all government guides were written that way eh?

Anyway I'll bore you with a few details of our situation. We met online in 2007, chatted extensively for a few months before I visited her for the first time at Easter 2008. I actually mentioned visiting her as the reason for my visit the first time I visited & though it caused me to be sent via immigration on that & another subsequent visit I think it helped in the long run, It meant the Canadian Immigration already had me on record as being in a relationship with my now wife (In fact on my second visit they helpfully filled out a form with all those details on & clipped it into my passport! very handy for the application as proof of relationship ;) )
I proposed in November 2008 & we married in December 2009 in Victioria (her hometown & we're we'll be living)

We started the whole process almost straight away, I had my police check sone by the end of January 2010, my medical was delayed till April though (the local approved doctor in Bristol was on holiday & was then ill ???) We were intedning to get all the paperwork submitted by the end of May at the latest but sadly (& typically!) my wifes tax office decided to lose her tax info & we had to wait another 3 months for them to sort it out!
We finally applied at the end of September. If I remember correctly it was passed to the London office in early November.
I was in Canada over Christmas & New Year & just a day after I landed back in the UK I got the request for my passport from the London office ;D
I sent it off the next day & recieved it back in less than 3 weeks.

So I fly out at the beginning of April ;D
It all ended a bit rushed as the delays meant that the visa had less than 3 months to run when issued! That the one thing I'd advise to others planning to apply, if possible leave the medical until the bulk of the other paperwork has already been put together.

I should add I wasn;t required to go to an interview, I'm not sure how common that is or not, just thought others may like to know.

Anyway thats enough of spamming this board with my own story!
Good luck to everyone still waiting to apply or with applications being processed ;D
Congrats dear

MandiF

Sep 7, 2010
Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Passport Req..
05-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2011
LANDED..........
25-02-2011
Hi pinklady,

It was a bit annoying to be honest, as the passport had already been sent, but my friend was working away from home for a couple of days.

And yes, the passport arrived at CIC London on 20th January, and was posted recorded delivery leaving CIC London on 15th February, but as she was working away, she didn't get the slip until she got home on 18th Feb and then she collected from postoffice on 19th Feb and sent over to me in Canada via Fedex and I finally received it on 23rd Feb and then landed on 25th Feb.

I emailed CIC London on 16th February to find out what was going on, and they replied on 18th.

This is what the response from CIC was:-

Dear Ms. xxxx,

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

Your passport was sent to the following address on 15 February 2011:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Yours sincerely,

ACD

Hope this helps...

pinklady said:
Hey MandiF,

when they replied to your email, enquiry, what did they say? And how long after it was received in London did you send the email?

Just to be clear, your arrived in london on jan 20th and was delivered to your friends house on feb 15th? or was posted from london on feb 15th?

Thanks

shandymoo

Sep 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
AOR Received.
17-02-11
File Transfer...
09-02-2011
Med's Done....
21-12-2010
Passport Req..
20-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2011
LANDED..........
27-05-2011
Thanks MandiF ;) u are a PRV veteran now :p

Did no Londoners get any PPRs today?! It's been 2 weeks since they have given any out! They must be tight with them this month! lol
I hope to get mine soon or I will pull a britney and go crazay and hayzay :'(

bubs

Jan 26, 2011
My husband's passport just arrived!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

It got to London February 14, back to Toronto this morning March 15.

So excited!!!!

Good luck to everyone here, hoping for a fast resolution for all :)))

samba18

Feb 24, 2011
Hey,

I'm just starting to get my knickers in a twist and was hoping for a bit of advice…

The London Office has had my PR Application since November 18th and it's been 'In Process' since the 21st Jan.

It seems a lot of folk with a similar timeline have had their Passport request by now. I wouldn't have thought it would be too complicated as my common-law partner is Canadian and we don't have any dependants or anything like that.

Although, I have had 2 previous 12 month Visa's, so perhaps there is a lot of security checks to go through.

The only other thing is that they are calling me in for an interview; although reading forum's it doesn't seem many people get called to London for interviews. If an interview was requested, does anyone know approximately how long after they start processing an application, they call you in?

Anyway, congratulations to everyone who has heard and fingers crossed for everyone else! :)

d-tilley592

Star Member
Feb 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2010
File Transfer...
23-11-2010
Med's Done....
25-08-2010
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2011
LANDED..........
22-03-2011
pinklady said:
D-tilley, mmhughes and patiently_waiting.....
You've had your passports back right? How long did it take from london receiving it?

Thanks
Nope I haven't had my passport back yet. It has been just over three weeks since they received it so I am thinking of just sending a polite email asking if it has been posted. It's more because I have a very ill relative and I would like to fly back to the UK within the next two weeks, so I am wondering about booking flights.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Did you see MandiF's post? I think emailing and finding out would put your mind at rest. It can't hurt! I will probably leave it a week before emailing, there doesnt seem much point for me yet.
Good luck :)