+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
kmg756 said:
Its under my husbands CIC portal. where they send the messages to us for additional documents, etc. It is in a chart under "application details" and beside each section there is a question mark that you can click on for more information. Beside "Final Decision" I can click on the question mark and it states that there has been a decision made and they will let me know if we have been refused or not via a message in his account.

it follows:

Where is this application?

Application status
We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results
You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents
The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.

Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check
Not applicable.

Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
you are misunderstanding the question mark. see in red under final decision? it says right there your applicaiton is in process and a final decision has NOT been made. the question mark is to clarify what that section means, it does not give applicaiton information. everyone will see the same thing when they click on that mark. do the other sections have question marks? if so, what do those other question marks say? does it match what is written underneath each section or is it giving general information?

again the question mark does not suggest a decision has been made. if a decision has been made, the language under "final decision" would say something like " a decision has been made on your application and we have sent correspondence to you."

Also, as highlighted in green - they are still reviewing your eligibility, another indication that a decision has NOT been made.

kmg756

Dec 14, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
you are misunderstanding the question mark. see in red under final decision? it says right there your applicaiton is in process and a final decision has NOT been made. the question mark is to clarify what that section means, it does not give applicaiton information. everyone will see the same thing when they click on that mark. do the other sections have question marks? if so, what do those other question marks say? does it match what is written underneath each section or is it giving general information?

again the question mark does not suggest a decision has been made. if a decision has been made, the language under "final decision" would say something like " a decision has been made on your application and we have sent correspondence to you."

Also, as highlighted in green - they are still reviewing your eligibility, another indication that a decision has NOT been made.
Yea I understand that but I get this also:

Final decision
We have reached a final decision on your application.
If your application is approved, we will send you instructions on what to do next.
These instructions will be sent to your account.
If your application is refused, we will send you the reason(s) for the refusal.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
kmg756 said:
Yea I understand that but I get this also:

Final decision
We have reached a final decision on your application.
If your application is approved, we will send you instructions on what to do next.
These instructions will be sent to your account.
If your application is refused, we will send you the reason(s) for the refusal.
where are you reading that because it's not in the information you posted? are you reading that when you click on the question mark? if so, you say you are getting it, but you really aren't getting it. AGAIN, the language that is written when you click on the ? isn't specific to your application, it is general information describing what the term "final decision" means/what will happen when a final decision is made.

The information that is specific to YOUR application is:
Review of eligibility

Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

NOTE NEITHER ONE OF THOSE STATEMENTS SUGGEST A DECSION HAS BEEN MADE. THIS IS THE LANGUAGE YOU WANT TO LOOK AT WHEN DETERMINING WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOUR FILE. going by the language written in the ? box and believing it is about your file directly will only lead to frustration and confusion. according to your history, you submitted a police record in March. it has only been a month. it takes longer than that to approve an application when documents are requested.

if it is written somewhere other than when you click on the ?, then be specific about where you're seeing it, because everything else you posted suggests his application is still under review. if his application is in ottawa, it can take 2 weeks to get the PPR instructions once status has changed to decision made. people on this board will know better as to the timeline for london sending PPR instructions.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Jason12345 said:
Anyone else having any luck this month with LVO?
Have a look at the Pakistan thread. Last two DMS are from May and June 2016. They were approvee this month.

AmyR

Champion Member
Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-09-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
04-05-2017
Things r bad beyond description. I think LVO is taking the 12 month timeline on website literally. :'(

Jason12345 said:
Anyone else having any luck this month with LVO?

kmg756

Dec 14, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
where are you reading that because it's not in the information you posted? are you reading that when you click on the question mark? if so, you say you are getting it, but you really aren't getting it. AGAIN, the language that is written when you click on the ? isn't specific to your application, it is general information describing what the term "final decision" means/what will happen when a final decision is made.

The information that is specific to YOUR application is:
Review of eligibility

Final decision

NOTE NEITHER ONE OF THOSE STATEMENTS SUGGEST A DECSION HAS BEEN MADE. THIS IS THE LANGUAGE YOU WANT TO LOOK AT WHEN DETERMINING WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOUR FILE. going by the language written in the ? box and believing it is about your file directly will only lead to frustration and confusion. according to your history, you submitted a police record in March. it has only been a month. it takes longer than that to approve an application when documents are requested.

if it is written somewhere other than when you click on the ?, then be specific about where you're seeing it, because everything else you posted suggests his application is still under review. if his application is in ottawa, it can take 2 weeks to get the PPR instructions once status has changed to decision made. people on this board will know better as to the timeline for london sending PPR instructions.
Sorry I was just confused what the ? meant,

Thanks

Jason12345

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
AmyR said:
Things r bad beyond description. I think LVO is taking the 12 month timeline on website literally. :'(
I think so also. My fingers are crossed thats for sure we start to see some solid movement soon,

AmyR

Champion Member
Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-09-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
04-05-2017
im trying very hard not to be pessimistic at the moment but the situation in the past 4 months is not leading towards any high hopes.

I see us being stuck in this painful process for 9-10 months at the very least. :/

Jason12345 said:
I think so also. My fingers are crossed thats for sure we start to see some solid movement soon,

SRafiq

Star Member
Dec 4, 2016
Manchester
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-02-2017
Doc's Request.
23-06-2017
Nomination.....
29-06-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
27-06-2017
Med's Done....
11-07-2017
Passport Req..
24-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
17-04-2018
SchnookoLoly said:
Info on contacting London is in the FAQ linked in my signature, definitely drop them a line (email or CSE) and see if you can work out what's going on. Something funky for sure. IF you don't get a satisfactory answer back then it'll be time to get your MP involved. (I know you are in the UK; contact the one who represents your target area, or if your other half has family in Canada, use theirs.)
OK have sent the CSE and nothing back after 5 days - however, it does say to wait 28 DAYS! so after a few days sent then a strongly worded email. If they had a postal address I could send more details as not confident to send these by email.

Not sure when I should pull in the MP - but perhaps in a couple of week. I think after 3 months I should have got a AOR, Application Number, SA and file transferred notices. If not I'll get my sister on to them.

milesp

Mar 21, 2016
Devon
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2016
Could somebody please post to timeline -received request for new UK Police Certificate and new passport photos April 21

Thank you everyone

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
SRafiq said:
OK have sent the CSE and nothing back after 5 days - however, it does say to wait 28 DAYS! so after a few days sent then a strongly worded email. If they had a postal address I could send more details as not confident to send these by email.

Not sure when I should pull in the MP - but perhaps in a couple of week. I think after 3 months I should have got a AOR, Application Number, SA and file transferred notices. If not I'll get my sister on to them.
3 months is a lot of time...as per new process, SA are sent out fairly quickly, i applied in september and got my SA and file transfer the same month.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Kate CP said:
Assuming it IS fine for him to land in Toronto, then would it be a bad idea to give my cousin's address (in NS) as the place they should send his PR card? We'd intended to do that, before we thought of perhaps landing elsewhere, but don't want to make things tricky or complicated.
As others have said, fine for him to 'land' in any Canadian province.

As regards address for PR Card, yes, he can give his cousins address.

I suggest when they ask what his address in Canada is, he does not volunteer information they have not asked for - simply give that address (i.e. don't start burbling about no, but hey, you can send it to my cousin because I wont be settling on this particular trip etc.). I am not saying to lie, but just don't volunteer information you have not been asked for.

I landed recently and gave my buddies address in Canada and they simply used that, so I am expecting the PR Card to arrive there soon and he will FEDEX it to me. They didn't ask how long I would be at that address and I certainly did not volunteer it.

You should NOT have to provide customs 'goods accompanying' or 'good to follow' lists if you are landing to declare PR only and not actually settling, having said that, CBSA are a bit hit-and-miss on this! When I landed for PR purposes only a couple of weeks ago (Ottawa Airport), they insisted that I this was my one and only chance to declare goods to follow and that if I didn't do it now, I would not be able to do it later (despite me explaining, using CBSA terms that I was not actually 'landing as settler' but was merely ' landing to declare PR' etc. Fortunately, I anticipated this problem and already had an accurate list I could use.

MM345

VIP Member
Sep 20, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06-09-16
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-08-16
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
18-05-17
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-17
LANDED..........
15-06-17
Any news, London Visa Office 2016 applicants?