+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Thanks, updated. That is a long time :/

Yomaben

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
London Uk
Visa Office......
London Uk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02.02.14, resubmitted 17.06.14
AOR Received.
SA/ Approval 08.08.2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
26-03-14, re medical submitted 28-10-15
Interview........
21-05-15
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 17.11.15
LANDED..........
TBC
Yes it is. Hence the reason for my frustration.

misslissa

Nov 16, 2014
Good news on our account.

Like most of the others on the spreadsheet who sent off their packages in April, our application is now listed as "In Process".

I hadn't been checking recently in order to save my sanity, so I'm guessing it happened on the 8th or 9th of October like others in a similar situation.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Thanks misslissa, spreadsheet updated.

Spud85

Oct 21, 2015
Hi Andrew-Brit, we just got home from our flagpole at the border. All went smooth except we queued up in our car instead of walking across the border...would have saved a few minutes! My bad!

They said the P.R. Card will take 6-9 weeks to receive in the post.

We got a big smile and "Welcome to Canada" from the C.B.S.A. Officer...she could see how excited we were!

Best of luck everyone! I hope you all get the C.O.P.R. soon and this whole process becomes much faster and efficient.

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London... Resident United Arab Emirates... National Pakistan...
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
09, July 2015... AOR2 10, Aug 2015
File Transfer...
29, July 2015... In Process 6, Aug 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Waived... Decision Made 12, Nov 2015
Passport Req..
24, Nov 2015... Passport Sent 1, Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
09, Dec 2015... PP & COPR rcvd 16, Dec 2015
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
MashaAllah i got a big news today, ecas has decision made for Permanent Residence Application :D

Please update :)

mcfluck

Oct 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 8th, 2014
AOR Received.
January 22nd, 2015
File Transfer...
February 12th, 2015
Med's Done....
August 2014
Hi guys, help needed please.

Today I received the following from CIC:

Please be advised that your child. ---------------------, appears to meet the definition of a dependent child. Please provide an explanation of the efforts you have made to try to contact your daughter for the purposes of having her undergo a medical examination and also, on her behalf, provide a completed Schedule A form, an up-to-date police certificate and a photocopy of her passport. Please be advised that, if you are unable to have your child examined as a non-accompanying dependent, you must provide a declaration of non-examination of a dependent and ineligibility to sponsor in the future. Please provide a signed statutory declaration indicating that you understand the consequences of failing to have your family member examined (blank template attached). Please submit requested documentation to us within 45 days, including a copy of this email as a cover letter. Please submit all the above documents to us at the same time, quoting your file number on all correspondence, including on the envelope.Please note that a new police certificate and new medical examination for yourself are not required at this time.

So, this is my partner's daughter whom they are referring to. We have not seen nor heard from her in ten years, nor do we know where she lives. We are unable to provide the documents on her behalf as they have asked, so will be filling in the signed statutory declaration they have asked for and that they attached to the letter. What my question is, is this: they ask for a "declaration of non-examination of a dependent and ineligibility to sponsor in the future" - is this a form??? Because it seems to me they are asking for two forms, but have only attached one and I am confused as to what I might need to fill out. Have looked on the internet but can't find much info regarding a declaration of non-examination of a dependent.

The form that they have attached reads like this: I.................fully understand that failure to have my children named below examined as part of my immigration application prevents me from ever being able to sponsor them in the future as per R117(9)(d) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.

So, are they just asking for this form or another one???? Advice gratefully received....wish they would make their bloody instructions more clear!

Thank you.

Also, Andrew Brit, if you wouldn't mind updating the spreadsheet with this request, that would be great :) :) :)

mcfluck

Oct 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 8th, 2014
AOR Received.
January 22nd, 2015
File Transfer...
February 12th, 2015
Med's Done....
August 2014
mcfluck said:
Hi guys, help needed please.

Today I received the following from CIC:

Please be advised that your child. ---------------------, appears to meet the definition of a dependent child. Please provide an explanation of the efforts you have made to try to contact your daughter for the purposes of having her undergo a medical examination and also, on her behalf, provide a completed Schedule A form, an up-to-date police certificate and a photocopy of her passport. Please be advised that, if you are unable to have your child examined as a non-accompanying dependent, you must provide a declaration of non-examination of a dependent and ineligibility to sponsor in the future. Please provide a signed statutory declaration indicating that you understand the consequences of failing to have your family member examined (blank template attached). Please submit requested documentation to us within 45 days, including a copy of this email as a cover letter. Please submit all the above documents to us at the same time, quoting your file number on all correspondence, including on the envelope.Please note that a new police certificate and new medical examination for yourself are not required at this time.

So, this is my partner's daughter whom they are referring to. We have not seen nor heard from her in ten years, nor do we know where she lives. We are unable to provide the documents on her behalf as they have asked, so will be filling in the signed statutory declaration they have asked for and that they attached to the letter. What my question is, is this: they ask for a "declaration of non-examination of a dependent and ineligibility to sponsor in the future" - is this a form??? Because it seems to me they are asking for two forms, but have only attached one and I am confused as to what I might need to fill out. Have looked on the internet but can't find much info regarding a declaration of non-examination of a dependent.

The form that they have attached reads like this: I.................fully understand that failure to have my children named below examined as part of my immigration application prevents me from ever being able to sponsor them in the future as per R117(9)(d) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.

So, are they just asking for this form or another one???? Advice gratefully received....wish they would make their bloody instructions more clear!

Thank you.

Also, Andrew Brit, if you wouldn't mind updating the spreadsheet with this request, that would be great :) :) :)
Sorry guys, but another question relating to this letter - it says, on her behalf, provide a completed Schedule A form, up to date police certificate and a photocopy of her passport ----- do we have to do these???? We can't apply for a police certificate for her not get a copy of her passport, but what about the Schedule A form? Is that implying that we fill it out for her as it says 'on her behalf'???

So confused................ :-[

GISGeek

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Request
1st Upfront; 1st re-med: 19-05-2015; 2nd re-med: 09-10-2015
Med's Done....
24-07-2014: 1st re-med on: 28-05-2015; 2nd re-med: on 02-11-2015
Interview........
Waived, DM on 10 Nov 2015
Passport Req..
23-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2015, COPR received on 07-12-2015
Sarim said:
MashaAllah i got a big news today, ecas has decision made for Permanent Residence Application :D

Please update :)
Congrats! glad to hear that

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Sarim spreadsheet updated, congrats! Let me know when you get a PPR.

mcfluck spreadsheet updated. It sounds like they want 2 documents, if you are not sure of what to provide you should contact them and ask them to clarify.

Or complete the form they gave you and ask if they need anything else.

mcfluck

Oct 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 8th, 2014
AOR Received.
January 22nd, 2015
File Transfer...
February 12th, 2015
Med's Done....
August 2014
andrew-brit said:
mcfluck spreadsheet updated. It sounds like they want 2 documents, if you are not sure of what to provide you should contact them and ask them to clarify.

I emailed them back, explaining that we are unable to get medical, Schedule A form, police certificate or passport for the daughter. Although the daughter is 19 years old, she turned 19 5 months after we submitted the application so they are treating her as a non-accompanying dependent.
I also asked if they needed another form, aside from the one that they attached, but who knows when I will hear back?
They need training in how to write clear instructions in their letters...........

mcfluck

Oct 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 8th, 2014
AOR Received.
January 22nd, 2015
File Transfer...
February 12th, 2015
Med's Done....
August 2014
andrew-brit said:
Sarim spreadsheet updated, congrats! Let me know when you get a PPR.

Sorry Andrew Brit, I also meant to say thank you to you. :)

SwedenCanada

Jan 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-15
AOR Received.
17-04-15 SA
File Transfer...
13-05-15 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-02-15
So guess what we did on Remembrance day - headed to the border to flagpole! :)

Completely floored - the COPR arrived on the 10th and we signed for it on the 11th (which luckily was dropped off at a store that was open, as opposed to Canada Post which would have been closed on a stat!), and headed straight to the border.

I am so confused by their process - we had just send off the RCMP fingerprint check they had requested, someone signed for it on Monday - so they obviously sent the COPR (dated Oct 28) before the received the clearance. Not complaining! Just incredibly confused and shocked.

Waited an hour in line in the states just to have an officer scribble something down and turn us around, where we immediately met with a Canadian border officer, who was extremely stern and nearly gave me a heart attack with her suspicious deadpan stare. But we got a little Canada flag and a congratulations and went home :)

I cannot believe this whole process is over! A million thank yous to everyone on this board!! I will surely still be checking back here every morning (will be a strange habit to break), I'm eagerly awaiting you 2014ers to turn green.

;D

mgrandolini

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Dublin
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2015
Doc's Request.
Batch Email 23-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
29-04-2015
Med's Done....
17-03-2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 09-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-12-2015 COPR: 22-01-2016
LANDED..........
10-03-2016
SwedenCanada said:
So guess what we did on Remembrance day - headed to the border to flagpole! :)

Completely floored - the COPR arrived on the 10th and we signed for it on the 11th (which luckily was dropped off at a store that was open, as opposed to Canada Post which would have been closed on a stat!), and headed straight to the border.

I am so confused by their process - we had just send off the RCMP fingerprint check they had requested, someone signed for it on Monday - so they obviously sent the COPR (dated Oct 28) before the received the clearance. Not complaining! Just incredibly confused and shocked.

Waited an hour in line in the states just to have an officer scribble something down and turn us around, where we immediately met with a Canadian border officer, who was extremely stern and nearly gave me a heart attack with her suspicious deadpan stare. But we got a little Canada flag and a congratulations and went home :)

I cannot believe this whole process is over! A million thank yous to everyone on this board!! I will surely still be checking back here every morning (will be a strange habit to break), I'm eagerly awaiting you 2014ers to turn green.

;D
Wow congrats!! What day did you go IP?

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London... Resident United Arab Emirates... National Pakistan...
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
09, July 2015... AOR2 10, Aug 2015
File Transfer...
29, July 2015... In Process 6, Aug 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Waived... Decision Made 12, Nov 2015
Passport Req..
24, Nov 2015... Passport Sent 1, Dec 2015