+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

polixenes

Sep 29, 2014
Got my letter today confirming Permanent Residence, now I just need to land. Application was sent originally to Canada December 22, 2014, with Spousal Approval coming in February. Very relieved it didn't take the 3 years that was being touted as the average wait time!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
polixenes said:
Got my letter today confirming Permanent Residence, now I just need to land. Application was sent originally to Canada December 22, 2014, with Spousal Approval coming in February. Very relieved it didn't take the 3 years that was being touted as the average wait time!
I don't see you see you on the spreadsheet, if you would like to be added please post the following:

-Date application received in Mississauga
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law
-Date of sponsor approval
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email)
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific

Also the average time is about a year, not 3 years. I think you are referring to the 28 months on the CIC processing time page, but that figure does not apply to standard UK applications.

Good luck with your landing!

Mizabelle

Sep 8, 2015
Hi Andrew,

I still haven't been added onto the spreadsheet. Here's al my info in case you missed it form the last post! (sorry, it won't let me quote for some reason)
Married
Application received in Mississauga Sept 30th 2014
Sponsor Approval Nov 25th 2014
Transfered to London office
Application in process July 2nd, 2015
Medical Re-do request July 3rd 2015 (medical results have been received)
UK Police Certificate Request July 17th 2015 (track post received August 3rd however still not updated on ECAS)
Current City London
Visa exempted

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
You were not added because you never included your location in your last post. I will add you shortly now that you have provided all necessary info. Thanks!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Mizabelle: added. Please confirm if details are correct.
hassan51214: updated.

Thanks!

Brit-in-Alberta

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2014
Hey everyone, I'm just wondering if the wording on your SA letter is the same as mine.

ECAS doesn't have any updates stating that they have received my medical results. When I first read the part about Medical requirements I figured it was standard information that they put in everyones SA... untill I read the Sentence that I have bolded/coloured red.

My Medical cost me nearly $700! Only one DR here that does it as I'm 5 hours away from the nearest City which is Edmonton so I really hope they got my E medical results.

Requirement for Medical Examination

If your sponsored relative(s) has (have) not already done so, your relative(s) must provide an original Upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B UPFRONT) signed by a Panel Physician or an E-Medical Up-front Medical Notification information sheet. Your relative(s) must complete the medical examination and, once completed, forward this information directly to the visa office noted above along with a copy of this letter. Your application has been transferred to the visa office noting this deficiency. Your relative must forward the medical information directly to the visa office to allow continued processing of his/her application. Failure to do so will result in delays and possible refusal of your relative's application.

The sentence wasn't bolded or anything in the letter to make it stand out. So I'm hopeing it's something they put on everyones?

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
Brit-in-Alberta said:
Hey everyone, I'm just wondering if the wording on your SA letter is the same as mine.

ECAS doesn't have any updates stating that they have received my medical results. When I first read the part about Medical requirements I figured it was standard information that they put in everyones SA... untill I read the Sentence that I have bolded/coloured red.

My Medical cost me nearly $700! Only one DR here that does it as I'm 5 hours away from the nearest City which is Edmonton so I really hope they got my E medical results.

If your sponsored relative(s) has (have) not already done so, your relative(s) must provide an original Upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B UPFRONT) signed by a Panel Physician or an E-Medical Up-front Medical Notification information sheet. Your relative(s) must complete the medical examination and, once completed, forward this information directly to the visa office noted above along with a copy of this letter. Your application has been transferred to the visa office noting this deficiency. Your relative must forward the medical information directly to the visa office to allow continued processing of his/her application. Failure to do so will result in delays and possible refusal of your relative's application.

The sentence wasn't bolded or anything in the letter to make it stand out. So I'm hopeing it's something they put on everyones?
Sorry to tell you I didn't have that on my SA letter, so it's not a standard thing. Don't panic, it just means they haven't linked up your emedical to your application yet.

I would send them a case specific enquiry attaching a copy of your emedical

Brit-in-Alberta

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2014
princesstigger said:
Sorry to tell you I didn't have that on my SA letter, so it's not a standard thing. Don't panic, it just means they haven't linked up your emedical to your application yet.

I would send them a case specific enquiry attaching a copy of your emedical
Okay, do I put my information into the form or my sponsors? I replied back to the email with a scanned copy but I'm not sure if they reply to emails going to that address. SO glad I scanned it before posting the application. I might ring also just so it's logged on my file that I called. I can't risk them refusing the application like it states on the letter.

urgh. Can't they get anything right.

The PubLandlord

Aug 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 30-6-2015 In process: 9-10-2015 DM: 05-11-2015 COPR 18-11-2015
LANDED..........
Very soon!
Brit-in-Alberta said:

That is word for word what was in mine but they have confirmed on ECAS that my medical has been received and it has shown as received from the first time I logged in to ECAS well before we got SA.

Brit-in-Alberta

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2014
The PubLandlord said:
That is word for word what was in mine but they have confirmed on ECAS that my medical has been received and it has shown as received from the first time I logged in to ECAS well before we got SA.
Mine has never showed up anything stating that they have received my results =(

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Brit-in-Alberta said:
Where do I send one of those? I replied back to the email with a scanned copy but I'm not sure if they reply to emails going to that address. SO glad I scanned it before posting the application. I might ring also just so it's logged on my file that I called. I can't risk them refusing the application like it states on the letter.

urgh. Can't they get anything right.
Assuming it went to the London Visa Office...

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=london

again, try not to panic :) Other people have had this, you have done the medical, just send them another copy of the Upfront E-Medical sheet you got from the DR

Brit-in-Alberta

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2014
princesstigger said:
Assuming it went to the London Visa Office...

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=london

again, try not to panic :) Other people have had this, you have done the medical, just send them another copy of the Upfront E-Medical sheet you got from the DR
Sent. If I call the help line do you think they will talk to me even though london now has my app? Is there a number to call london VO?

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Brit-in-Alberta said:
Sent. If I call the help line do you think they will talk to me even though london now has my app? Is there a number to call london VO?
There is no number to call the LVO. You can try calling the 'helpline' but it has the nickname 'the Miss-information line' for a reason :eek: ;D

Brit-in-Alberta

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2014
princesstigger said:
There is no number to call the LVO. You can try calling the 'helpline' but it has the nickname 'the Miss-information line' for a reason :eek: ;D
I'm just all panicky that the case enquiry can take 28 days for them to reply, if they even do. I would be soooooo upset if we were set back months because they refuse the application when I sent it in all along