+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Canrish said:
Type: Conjugal Partners

Is it normal that it shows that both the Sponsorship Application and the PR Application were received on June 2? Will it eventually show me when the PR Application has been received by the London Visa Office?
Conjugal? Where is the Principal Applicant from?

There is only one application and that was the date it was received.

Canrish

Aug 16, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
Conjugal? Where is the Principal Applicant from?

There is only one application and that was the date it was received.
Copied and Pasted from the CIC website:

Conjugal Partners: A conjugal partner is a foreign national residing outside Canada who is in a conjugal relationship with a sponsor for at least one year, but could not live with the sponsor as a couple.

You can sponsor a conjugal partner if:
-- there is a significant degree of attachment between the two of you, implying not just a physical relationship but a mutually interdependent relationship, and
---you have been in a genuine relationship for at least 12 months where marriage or cohabitation has not been possible due to barriers such as sexual orientation, religious faith, etc.

As per my previous post, the Principal Applicant is from Cork, Ireland.

We sent both the Sponsorship Application and the Permanent Residency Application at the same time, so of course, they would receive both on the same day. Being the Sponsor, when I log online to view the status of the applications, I can see both the status of the Sponsorship Application and the status for the Permanent Residency Application. What I'm wondering is, will the status information for the Permanent Residency Application change to show me when it has been received by the London Visa Office, or do we simply have to wait until we receive a letter by the post informing us it has been received?

hila01

Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
August 2014.
Canrish said:

Conjugal Partners: A conjugal partner is a foreign national residing outside Canada who is in a conjugal relationship with a sponsor for at least one year, but could not live with the sponsor as a couple.

-- there is a significant degree of attachment between the two of you, implying not just a physical relationship but a mutually interdependent relationship, and
---you have been in a genuine relationship for at least 12 months where marriage or cohabitation has not been possible due to barriers such as sexual orientation, religious faith, etc.

We sent both the Sponsorship Application and the Permanent Residency Application at the same time, so of course, they would receive both on the same day. Being the Sponsor, when I log online to view the status of the applications, I can see both the status of the Sponsorship Application and the status for the Permanent Residency Application. What I'm wondering is, will the status information for the Permanent Residency Application change to show me when it has been received by the London Visa Office, or do we simply have to wait until we receive a letter by the post informing us it has been received?

No, ECAS will not show you when the application was received in london and cic london office does not acknowledge receipt of applications transferred from Mississauga.

Canrish

Aug 16, 2015
hila01 said:
No, ECAS will not show you when the application was received in london and cic london office does not acknowledge receipt of applications transferred from Mississauga.
Thanks for the info!

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Canrish said:

Just curious what was your barriers to apply for conjugal ?

Canrish

Aug 16, 2015
taffy7 said:
Just curious what was your barriers to apply for conjugal ?
Basically, financial reasons.

I was in Ireland for 20 months with a Working Holiday Visa and we only started seeing each other halfway through, but we never lived together there because I was already in a lease agreement with someone (plus we didn't want to move in with each other so early in the relationship). Then I went back home to Canada for four months. He came over for 2 months as a visitor, during which time we did rent an appartement together. I am a primary school teacher and given the financial situation in Ireland, there are no jobs for teachers there, especially not for a foreign teacher, so we decided that the next best option was for us to try living in England where I had been offered a temporary teaching job. We lived there together for 3 months before deciding that London was definitely not for us and we came to the conclusion that Canada was our best option to be able to settle down, get better jobs, and plan our future.

So it's not like we never lived together, it's just that we haven't lived together for 12 consecutive months, such as is required to be considered common-law. We have known each other for over three years now and have now been in a relationship for two years and we are now engaged, so we were able to prove that, despite not having lived with each other for a complete year, we are committed to each other.

katathfx

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Doc's Request.
08-01-2015 Proof of Cohabitation
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approval 15-07-2014 In Progress 20-02-2015
Med's Done....
28-04-2014 extended to 27-04-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2015
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Canrish said:

Carnish, applying conjugal is for very specific circumstances. When we applied I though we qualified but learned we didn't qualify. It put our application in jeopardy of being refused. It was only through the help of an MP and meticulously responding with different proofs. In the end we got married to clear up any question of applicants eligibility. Click on my profile and read my posts from the beginning .... Good luck to you

Canrish

Aug 16, 2015
katathfx said:
Carnish, applying conjugal is for very specific circumstances. When we applied I though we qualified but learned we didn't qualify. It put our application in jeopardy of being refused. It was only through the help of an MP and meticulously responding with different proofs. In the end we got married to clear up any question of applicants eligibility. Click on my profile and read my posts from the beginning .... Good luck to you
Thanks! I was actually really scared after applying because I did start reading about how difficult it was to actually get approved in that category, but I contacted the CIC call center after the decision had been made and the agent assured me that I had been approved to be the sponsor and that our case had been sent to the London Visa Office. We're still waiting for the letter of approval to come, because I actually called the day after the decision had been made, so I'm really hoping the agent didn't make a mistake.
But since, according to the him, I have been approved, am I correct to assume that proving our relationship is now done or is it possible that they might require more proof during the processing of the Permanent Residency Application?

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Canrish said:
Thanks! I was actually really scared after applying because I did start reading about how difficult it was to actually get approved in that category, but I contacted the CIC call center after the decision had been made and the agent assured me that I had been approved to be the sponsor and that our case had been sent to the London Visa Office. We're still waiting for the letter of approval to come, because I actually called the day after the decision had been made, so I'm really hoping the agent didn't make a mistake.
But since, according to the him, I have been approved, am I correct to assume that proving our relationship is now done or is it possible that they might require more proof during the processing of the Permanent Residency Application?

London will look at your relationship.. Mississauga just makes sure of your eligibility

katathfx

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Doc's Request.
08-01-2015 Proof of Cohabitation
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approval 15-07-2014 In Progress 20-02-2015
Med's Done....
28-04-2014 extended to 27-04-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2015
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Canrish said:
The application is in two parts sponsorship approval where CIC Mississauga determine if YOU are eligible and that your application is complete... That's all. It is then forwarded to LVO to determine if the principal applicant is eligible under conjugal. I am so sorry to say this but it will most likely not pass. I know we passed but it was not an easy road and a long 15 months at the mercy of CIC. Again read my previous posts and feel free to ask any questions

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
congrats on all the movement in London :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Canrish said:
Basically, financial reasons.

So it's not like we never lived together, it's just that we haven't lived together for 12 consecutive months, such as is required to be considered common-law. We have known each other for over three years now and have now been in a relationship for two years and we are now engaged, so we were able to prove that, despite not having lived with each other for a complete year, we are committed to each other.
Conjugal is for countries like the Philippines, where divorce is illegal, living with a married person is illegal and it's hard to get a TRV to come to Canada; these are actual barriers to becoming married or common-law. Or for countries where homosexuality is illegal and it's hard to get a TRV; again, actual barriers.

Financial reasons and "London not being for [you]" are not legal or immigration barriers, they are choices you made.

Even on the off chance that you do eventually get approved, you can expect it to take significantly longer than normal.

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
just checked ECAS and we are in "Process" as of today. I almost screamed here at work. Hopefully the rest goes well and smooth for all of us.

princesstigger

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-July-2014
AOR Received.
never!
File Transfer...
28-Aug-2014 (Sponsor Approval)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
17-June-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 26-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
COPR 14-Sep-15 LANDED 18-Sep-15
warzo said:
just checked ECAS and we are in "Process" as of today. I almost screamed here at work. Hopefully the rest goes well and smooth for all of us.
Congrats, fingers crossed :)

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
warzo said:

:) congratulations .. fingers crossed now