+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

orly

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guelph, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-08-2013 (lived in Canada since 2012 though)
nishra said:
hi all

i am just curious how long does usually take to change status from "In Process" to "Decision Made" ? :D

Good Luck to Everyone
Mine took exactly 2 months but everyone is different.

Petitepoutine

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
29-09-2014; 16-03-2015
File Transfer...
04-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
15-07-2015
Aniabella said:
At least on my CSQ it said that if the sponsor should move, he/she should inform MICC/MIDI about the new address by calling, until the applicant gets PR. Don't know how important it is, but at least my spouse called them about our address change just in case.
Graihn said:
Email LDNIMMIGRATION @ international.gc.ca, they update within a few days. It says 28, but it only took me a few days each time (I updated my address three times).
Thank you both! I'll make sure I get this done.

One last thing: do the sponsor AND the principal applicant need to notify separately, or will one email suffice (we're both at the same address).

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
We are in process as of Jan 15th!!! woohoo!!

Am I correct that generally it will be updated again to decision made hopefully in the near future, then official paperwork comes in the mail?

We applied outland from London but are now in Canada (address updated with CIC) so I assume the mail will take a bit longer now that we aren't in the UK.

So happy it's moving along! Was getting very frustrated seeing all the Mississauga updates lol :)

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
CanadianInUK said:

Am I correct that generally it will be updated again to decision made hopefully in the near future, then official paperwork comes in the mail?

We applied outland from London but are now in Canada (address updated with CIC) so I assume the mail will take a bit longer now that we aren't in the UK.

So happy it's moving along! Was getting very frustrated seeing all the Mississauga updates lol :)
That's good news!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
CanadianInUK said:

Great news! Spreadsheet updated. Can I have your current location for the spreadsheet too? Nearest city is fine fi you do not want to be too specific.

Yes, the next update you will get is decision made in ECAS. This normally does not take too long after in process, refer to the spreadsheet to see how long others took. It should be soon though!

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
andrew-brit said:
Great news! Spreadsheet updated. Can I have your current location for the spreadsheet too? Nearest city is fine fi you do not want to be too specific.

Yes, the next update you will get is decision made in ECAS. This normally does not take too long after in process, refer to the spreadsheet to see how long others took. It should be soon though!
Nearest city is Victoria. Thanks for updating. Will let you know when we have more news! :)

Aniabella

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-02-2014 (CSQ issued 11-3-2014)
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
Petitepoutine said:
Thank you both! I'll make sure I get this done.

One last thing: do the sponsor AND the principal applicant need to notify separately, or will one email suffice (we're both at the same address).
One email will suffice, just make it very visible it's for the both of you. When I updated the second time by email, they didn't update my sponsor's address, I guess I should have done like in the first time and include his UCI as well.

coreygirl

Dec 1, 2014
Hey again all, no updates from me but congrats to all that have received Decision Made or have landed now! Great news!

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the wait time between when the 'Right for Permanent Residence' fee was requested/paid and when their file actually went to In Process.
I guess we got our hopes up that it would be soon after the fee was paid that we would be on our way, but as of this morning we are still sitting at Application Received.

Copies of passports and medicals were submitted at the time of application back in March so they should have everything they need. Though now that I think about it, my husbands medical was done in December or January of the year past so could they possibly request a new one at this point as his is over one year old now?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
coreygirl said:
Hey again all, no updates from me but congrats to all that have received Decision Made or have landed now! Great news!

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the wait time between when the 'Right for Permanent Residence' fee was requested/paid and when their file actually went to In Process.
I guess we got our hopes up that it would be soon after the fee was paid that we would be on our way, but as of this morning we are still sitting at Application Received.
If you look at the Notes column of the spreadsheet, we've tracked when people have had the RPRF, so if you scroll through you can have a look at some of the time gaps in there. I think it's variable but I'm going on memory, so that's the best way for you to look.

Copies of passports and medicals were submitted at the time of application back in March so they should have everything they need. Though now that I think about it, my husbands medical was done in December or January of the year past so could they possibly request a new one at this point as his is over one year old now?
I'd suggest sending CIC a case-specific email alerting them to this fact, they may not have realised it. One of three things will happen:
1) They will request you go get a new medical
2) They will choose to extend the validity of your medical for a few weeks or months
3) This has only happened twice, to my knowledge, but they may also email you back and say "We are ready to issue COPR, can you land in the next 3 weeks / by x date?" And if you say Yes, then they will issue COPR in accordance with that timescale (so just extending your medical by however long is required in that case)

Be sure to include your UID and such in your email so they can identify your file.

coreygirl

Dec 1, 2014
SchnookoLoly said:
If you look at the Notes column of the spreadsheet, we've tracked when people have had the RPRF, so if you scroll through you can have a look at some of the time gaps in there. I think it's variable but I'm going on memory, so that's the best way for you to look.
Thanks! I hadnt seen it tracked so I wasnt sure. It seems that the few I could identify from last yeah paid the RPRF about 5 months before Decision Made.

I'd suggest sending CIC a case-specific email alerting them to this fact, they may not have realised it. One of three things will happen:
1) They will request you go get a new medical
2) They will choose to extend the validity of your medical for a few weeks or months
3) This has only happened twice, to my knowledge, but they may also email you back and say "We are ready to issue COPR, can you land in the next 3 weeks / by x date?" And if you say Yes, then they will issue COPR in accordance with that timescale (so just extending your medical by however long is required in that case)

Be sure to include your UID and such in your email so they can identify your file.
Thank you for this, I have sent an email to our immigration consultant and will cross our fingers for option 3 or at least 2. Hopefully not 1 because its just more money to put out! Oof!

kateface

Apr 29, 2014
Hello Everybody,

Its been a good few months of silence for us but finally had some communication from london- its not a decision made but I am hoping it means we are close! here are the details for the spreadsheet:

St Lucia police check requested December 29th 2014
Police check arrived at the London office 22nd January 2015

Does anyone have any insight on how long applications take after they request more documentation? I can imagine it varies a fair bit and it is impossible to tell from the spreadsheet as obviously it doesnt always take account of the time spent flapping about trying to actually obtain the documents requested! We are HOPING like all hell that it will be a nice quick process from here but trying not to get too over excited :'( !

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
kateface said:
Does anyone have any insight on how long applications take after they request more documentation? I can imagine it varies a fair bit and it is impossible to tell from the spreadsheet as obviously it doesnt always take account of the time spent flapping about trying to actually obtain the documents requested! We are HOPING like all hell that it will be a nice quick process from here but trying not to get too over excited :'( !
The only answer you would get from anyone here would be based on the information on the spreadsheet, so that's the best bet. A combination of looking at those timelines, as well as working off of averages, is your best bet. You applied in June, it's now January, and your application is in London, which is averaging 7-8 months, which is roughly where you are... so if I Had to guess, I'd say you'll probably hear in the next month, HOWEVER, that may be a shade on the optimistic side because you had the extra police request and thus there was a delay... so it's hard to say. I'd guess you aren't TOO far away from hearing, though. Fingers crossed!

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
kateface said:
Hello Everybody,

Its been a good few months of silence for us but finally had some communication from london- its not a decision made but I am hoping it means we are close! here are the details for the spreadsheet:

St Lucia police check requested December 29th 2014
Police check arrived at the London office 22nd January 2015

Spreadsheet updated! Would have commented earlier but the forum was having some difficulties.

Lexxiee

Nov 21, 2014
Hi all
After request I have sent my passport photos etc to Otttawa today - does anyone know from recent experience how long it usually takes to actually receive COPR?
Thanks in advance :D

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Lexxiee said:
Hi all
After request I have sent my passport photos etc to Otttawa today - does anyone know from recent experience how long it usually takes to actually receive COPR?
Thanks in advance :D
I updated the Notes for your entry in the spreadsheet with this info. Refer to the spreadsheet. It should take less than 8 weeks, most likely 2-4 weeks.