+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Gatawa04 said:
My wife is the sponsor and i have just moved to Cardiff. Visa office has been London. Unfortunately my wife was here two weeks ago and we dont know if she can make it back for the interview.

i did make a mistake on the Shedule A Background Declaration question 6, and also on the Additional Family information, my mother's birthday is different from the one on Schedule A, which was a typing error because i filled the forms online instead of handwriting.

i dont know whether to worry or to be hopeful seeing as i will get a chance to explain the mistakes.i was just wondering if it has happened where an interview has been scheduled and the decision has been negative.

i guess i will know in three weeks time.

My husband is in Cardiff too . I'm sure you can explain every thing when you get there.

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
SchnookoLoly said:
Congrats! Glad you got that through! It's not strange for them to ask for the marriage certificate, they often want a copy of the official one, so just get it sent. :)
Hello again

Should I send the original or a copy?

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
PF said:
Hello again

Should I send the original or a copy?

They just want a copy .

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
taffy7 said:
They just want a copy .
I originally sent the long form, should I send this one or order a file size

Padraic

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
PF said:
I originally sent the long form, should I send this one or order a file size

Padraic
I sent the long form .Its so frustrating when they keep asking for things that you already sent .Have they asked you for an original or just a copy of your marriage certificate ?

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
taffy7 said:
I sent the long form .Its so frustrating when they keep asking for things that you already sent .Have they asked you for an original or just a copy of your marriage certificate ?
The email I received says the following:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue processing your application, please submit the following document(s):

> Marriage Certificate / Licence: Marriage/certificate(s) This must be received at this office by: 2014/11/19
Please note:
Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by the English or French translation completed by a certified translator, and a copy of the original document. If any of the requested document(s) are not available, please submit a detailed written explanation.

IMPORTANT

The above document(s) must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this notice. If we do not receive a response within 30 days from the date of this notice, a decision will be made based on the information on your file, which could lead to the refusal of your application.

PLEASE NOTE: NO OTHER REMINDER WILL BE SENT TO YOU.

Please submit your document(s) along with a copy of this notice to the address indicated below.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
I think if you have the long form, then just submit that. The long form presumably has more information on it than the file-sized one, so presumably that should be enough. When you send it, you can say you weren't sure which of the two versions you sent so you sent the one you had, but you will order the other one if that's what they are looking for.

FYI I don't know if this is correct, but this is what I would do.

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
SchnookoLoly said:
I think if you have the long form, then just submit that. The long form presumably has more information on it than the file-sized one, so presumably that should be enough. When you send it, you can say you weren't sure which of the two versions you sent so you sent the one you had, but you will order the other one if that's what they are looking for.

FYI I don't know if this is correct, but this is what I would do.
Thanks, I'll called this morning and spoke to a nice lady. They misplaced the first one that I sent in - will send off today

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
PF said:
Thanks, I'll called this morning and spoke to a nice lady. They misplaced the first one that I sent in - will send off today
Holy crap, you spoke to someone useful and informed?! :O that NEVER happens, count yourself incredibly lucky! :)

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
SchnookoLoly said:
Holy crap, you spoke to someone useful and informed?! :O that NEVER happens, count yourself incredibly lucky! :)
lmao :p

spears

Oct 15, 2014
SchnookoLoly said:
All updated, thanks!

Get the MP to follow up first, and see what the response is from there. If he can't get anything useful then order the notes.

Hi everyone,

I did what was suggested and submitted a case specific email enquiry and asked the MP to follow up. The MP sent an email to the London visa office asking for an update on the status of my application and an estimate on how much longer it would take for a decision. The London office have responded within 1 day saying that the application is 'Awaiting a review by a case officer'. Apparently, this means that the London office has not yet started looking at the application. The London office provided the exact same response in July when the MP made a similar enquiry. I am yet to receive a reply to my case specific email enquiry, but I'm not holding out much hope for a more detailed response.

What to do now? Is it really the case that the London office has yet to look at the application 11.5 months after receiving it? Is there any point in requesting the GCMS notes if no case officer has started looking at the application? From the forum's spreadsheet, it seems that I am close to becoming the longest pending application, sigh.

If anyone can shed any light on the matter, it would be ever so much appreciated.

Green5

Sep 24, 2014
SchnookoLoly said:
COPR will have an expiry date on it, you have to cross the Canadian border before that date
Hello! Well some great news and a small less good one. We got our CORP today - all good and accepted. However... the CORP was in fact not sent to out home address (which the case processing center had on their file as I had confirmed this to make sure there would be no confusion..) and instead they've sent it to the home of my relatives in Ottawa. I don't even think my relatives had to sign for it.

So.... I am not too sure how to proceed. I suppose we could land without it but in that case we'll have to cross the border into the states (by british partner will have to do the necessary to be allowed into the US) and come back for him to have the landed status which will cost money and take a day or so. Any other suggestions?!

But all in all we are very happy!! Could you update the spreadsheet please?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
spears said:
What to do now? Is it really the case that the London office has yet to look at the application 11.5 months after receiving it? Is there any point in requesting the GCMS notes if no case officer has started looking at the application? From the forum's spreadsheet, it seems that I am close to becoming the longest pending application, sigh.

If anyone can shed any light on the matter, it would be ever so much appreciated.
"Awaiting a review" doesn't necessarily mean that it hasn't been looked at yet; it is simply one of CIC's stock responses. You should order your GCMS notes, as they may provide more details as to what is holding it up.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Green5 said:
So.... I am not too sure how to proceed. I suppose we could land without it but in that case we'll have to cross the border into the states (by british partner will have to do the necessary to be allowed into the US) and come back for him to have the landed status which will cost money and take a day or so. Any other suggestions?!

But all in all we are very happy!! Could you update the spreadsheet please?
if the COPR's in Ottawa, then he can fly to and enter Canada as a visitor, and then once in ottawa, you can drive to the border and "flagpole" at the closest us border. he won't have to do anything "to be allowed in the US". What happens is you tell the US border you want to flagpole, they give you a piece of paper, you turn around and drive back to canada.

there are 2 borders close to ottawa. One is about an hour away, the other is about 2 hours. very easy to get to from ottawa (that's were i landed!)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Green5 said:
Or you could just have your relatives in Ottawa courier it to you.