+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Graihn said:
Sorry I see what you meant now.

As I am in Sweden now, working on a project, I can't return to Canada until after my project ends 11-30, and I need to land prior to 12-20
lol that's a really good date. lol its my birthday and that means you will be here for Christmas ...

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
Graihn said:
Somebody said waiting for CoPR to arrive is as hard as waiting for decision made. Instead of checking ecas several times a day I think the mailman is here every time I hear a noise close to the door. I actually worked from home today thinking it would come. Lol
YES YES YES!!! You have no idea how many times I would hear a vehicle stop and I would run to the window to see if it was the delivery guy

anonapplicant8

Aug 28, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM - 16-10-2015
Sorry for the people that read the Aug outland page

Bit of good news ish.

I got an email from CIC this morning. I got asked for a new IMM5406 form, I think I sent this as an N/A form but reading it again now I should have filled it in. Feel luck CIC didn't return the application. They also asked for a marriage certificate since i sent a letter saying i will send it once it arrives.

Interestingly they didn't ask me for an updated IMM1344 even though I sent the old one. Unless they will ask my Sponsor.

I got my UCI number along with my application number :) (The good news)

I've filled out the form and just sent it via fedex from the UK hopefully they will receive the forms tomorrow. *Fingers Crossed*

Can the spreadsheet be updated accordingly please.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
anonapplicant8 said:
Sorry for the people that read the Aug outland page

Bit of good news ish.

I got an email from CIC this morning. I got asked for a new IMM5406 form, I think I sent this as an N/A form but reading it again now I should have filled it in. Feel luck CIC didn't return the application. They also asked for a marriage certificate since i sent a letter saying i will send it once it arrives.

Interestingly they didn't ask me for an updated IMM1344 even though I sent the old one. Unless they will ask my Sponsor.

I got my UCI number along with my application number :) (The good news)

I've filled out the form and just sent it via fedex from the UK hopefully they will receive the forms tomorrow. *Fingers Crossed*

Can the spreadsheet be updated accordingly please.
Update done! Have you received sponsor approval yet? Guessing not!

lahjdh

Sep 15, 2014
Hi All
Not been on for a while, it's nice to be back reading through posts - it makes the whole process a lot less isolating.

Spreadsheet Update Re Processing VO
On our sponsorship approval letter we were told our application had been sent to Ottawa for processing. I believe we were one of the first for that to happen to, as a result we weren't sure what was going on and even our adviser thought it was a genuine mistake. We then emailed them to clarify and got a very brief response saying that they have retrieved our application and sent it to London instead! As a result we went to Ottawa on 8th July and London on 18th July.

I'll be reviewing the different processing times for each office with great interest!!

anonapplicant8

Aug 28, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM - 16-10-2015
SchnookoLoly said:
Update done! Have you received sponsor approval yet? Guessing not!
No unfortunately not :(

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
lahjdh said:
Hi All
Not been on for a while, it's nice to be back reading through posts - it makes the whole process a lot less isolating.

Spreadsheet Update Re Processing VO
On our sponsorship approval letter we were told our application had been sent to Ottawa for processing. I believe we were one of the first for that to happen to, as a result we weren't sure what was going on and even our adviser thought it was a genuine mistake. We then emailed them to clarify and got a very brief response saying that they have retrieved our application and sent it to London instead! As a result we went to Ottawa on 8th July and London on 18th July.

I'll be reviewing the different processing times for each office with great interest!!

Yeah there were quite a few people who posted that their apps were sent to Ottawa instead of London, so the original thought was that some people were being mistakenly processed inland, which would have been quite a different situation! As more applications and information came to light, we realised it was because of the Islamabad backlog going to London.

I'm equally curious to see what happens with timelines... there's only one DM from Ottawa so far, so keeping an eye on it to see how it all unfolds!

lahjdh

Sep 15, 2014
SchnookoLoly said:
I'm equally curious to see what happens with timelines... there's only one DM from Ottawa so far, so keeping an eye on it to see how it all unfolds!
Thanks Mrs SchnookoLoly, interesting times eh!

MrPineappleHead

Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
07-04-2014
File Transfer...
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
29-11-2014
After waking up to a stinking hangover on holiday here in Iceland, I decided to check eCAS and I've now got 'Decision Made'. Just hoping that I get a positive letter through the post soon; this whole thing has taken substantially longer than I ever expected.

A quick question: Does the letter from CIC need to be signed for? My girlfriend works long days, but would she be able to go pick it up from the post office somehow if it does need to be signed for?

Cheers

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
MrPineappleHead said:
After waking up to a stinking hangover on holiday here in Iceland, I decided to check eCAS and I've now got 'Decision Made'. Just hoping that I get a positive letter through the post soon; this whole thing has taken substantially longer than I ever expected.

A quick question: Does the letter from CIC need to be signed for? My girlfriend works long days, but would she be able to go pick it up from the post office somehow if it does need to be signed for?

Cheers

Needs to be signed for. If nobody is home, they will bring it to your post office who then sends out a notice to pick it up.

MrPineappleHead

Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
07-04-2014
File Transfer...
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
29-11-2014
Graihn said:
Needs to be signed for. If nobody is home, they will bring it to your post office who then sends out a notice to pick it up.
Could my girlfriend pick it up somehow in Montreal? I'm in Iceland for three weeks and I'm pretty certain it's going to arrive way before I get back.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
MrPineappleHead said:
Could my girlfriend pick it up somehow in Montreal? I'm in Iceland for three weeks and I'm pretty certain it's going to arrive way before I get back.
Are you IN or are you ON Iceland? I have always been curious to find out... :)

Anyway, on my notice it said I have three weeks to ick it up before they send it back. I assume it works the same in with Canada Post, but I do not know about how long they hold recommended mail before sending it back.

murphn24

Star Member
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-03-2014
File Transfer...
17-03-2014
Med's Done....
Completed in summer of 2013
Woohoo! Just checked Ecas and my status has changed to 'In Process'. Is says they started processing my application on September 30, 2014. Delighted to have some progress on my file after logging in 3 times every day! Ha!

How long do files typically stay in process before a decision is made? I sent a complete application.

Thanks! :D

MrPineappleHead

Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
07-04-2014
File Transfer...
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
29-11-2014
murphn24 said:
Woohoo! Just checked Ecas and my status has changed to 'In Process'. Is says they started processing my application on September 30, 2014. Delighted to have some progress on my file after logging in 3 times every day! Ha!

How long do files typically stay in process before a decision is made? I sent a complete application.

Thanks! :D
I went 'in process' on the 24th September and got my Decision Made today. You might not have that long to wait either.