+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Ukcan1988

Feb 6, 2014
SchnookoLoly said:
Congrats! PPR is pretty well the equivalent of decision made! They only request your passport (and particularly the biodata page) when they are ready to issue COPR; the new photos is likely because the ones you sent are now outdated, or close to being outdated, so they'll put your new ones on your COPR instead, hence asking for two.

Updated you... congrats! :D
Amazing!!!! This has just made my day - thank you so much! :)

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Green5 said:
Hi, I am not sure we are talking about the same thing :( or maybe I am not being very clear. Did you not say that if people's papers are being processed in Ottawa then they will not post here and therefore they will not be in the spreadsheet? If that is the case, they are not being kept in a same place as they are not being registered at all.
If I understood that correctly, then maybe creating a separate thread for that specific group would help people belonging to this group?!
Or are you saying that we are so few of us in that group that it's not worth doing this? (sorry..... really don't mean to be argumentative at all I just am not sure I got you properly!).
If there IS a separate thread, then my worry is people will post there and not here. It's a valid point as well that there are only about 15 people being processed in Ottawa right now.

If there's no separate thread, then those who requested London as their office who are sent to Ottawa will still probably post here, as the rest of people have done. If a bunch of people were posting new threads going "aahh wtf" then it woudl be different, but everyone who has been transferred to Ottawa has found their way here, so I'm not too concerned about it.

More clear?

shinningstar

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
SchnookoLoly said:
Hah! Not quite. There's been a huge slowdown. There are still tons of people from October and November waiting, way more than would be expected at the 10-11 month mark! For awhile people were being approved inside 6 months like clockwork, waiting 7 or 8 was being really hard done by! More recently, though, it's slowed down to the point where 7-8-9 months is becoming more and more common and the average stats are creeping slowly upwards.

If you look at the cover sheet, it has stats of the last 20 approvals... and off of those, the average is getting close to 8 months. It used to be 5.

Things are definitely slowing down.
Hey SchnookoLoly,

You may be right but there will always be people whose application will take more time than usual. Having said that I think CIC should have also equipped LVO with more resources and procedures to deal with Islamabad Applications.

Secondly on 2014 sheet can you please correct the stats for stage 2 approvals (Processing times grouped together and cumulative). Currently it does not display the number of approvals.

Thanks

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
shinningstar said:
Hey SchnookoLoly,

You may be right but there will always be people whose application will take more time than usual. Having said that I think CIC should have also equipped LVO with more resources and procedures to deal with Islamabad Applications.
I think this is why they are not forwarding applications to London for Brits (and others who apply via London) and are instead keeping them in Mississauga or sending them to Ottawa. So it's easing the workload on those in London who are processing the additional applications from Islamabad. Obviously we don't know what points of a file means they go to which office, but it does look like they are not sending nearly as many onwards to London.

Secondly on 2014 sheet can you please correct the stats for stage 2 approvals (Processing times grouped together and cumulative). Currently it does not display the number of approvals.

Thanks
Whoops, thanks! I was fiddling with date formats earlier and forgot about the charts underneath! Good catch, I've fixed it!

lola_b

Aug 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London/Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2014
Doc's Request.
03-10-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2014
Spreadsheet update for us please! :)

I received sponsorship approval today! My husband also received a document request email today. They have asked him to send our marriage certificate (odd as I am SURE that was not missing.... lol) and also to redo his Schedule A for further clarification as they say there are inconsistencies. Not a total surprise as he works rotation so its kinda complicated history.

Also for the spreadsheet - they have said in my letter that our application will be held in Mississauga for further processing. So from what I understand from reading the forums, that means it will be processed there and not sent to London? Hopefully that is a good thing! Especially since the document request is likely to delay the application a little bit.
Thanks!

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
lola_b said:
Spreadsheet update for us please! :)

I received sponsorship approval today! My husband also received a document request email today. They have asked him to send our marriage certificate (odd as I am SURE that was not missing.... lol) and also to redo his Schedule A for further clarification as they say there are inconsistencies. Not a total surprise as he works rotation so its kinda complicated history.

Also for the spreadsheet - they have said in my letter that our application will be held in Mississauga for further processing. So from what I understand from reading the forums, that means it will be processed there and not sent to London? Hopefully that is a good thing! Especially since the document request is likely to delay the application a little bit.
Thanks!
Updated! Looks like it will be processed in Mississauga, yes. This isn't uncommon, though! You can see on the spreadsheet a few others have been the same way. Good luck with getting your other docs sent off, and congrats on SA! :)

shinningstar

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
does anyone know what date formats are used for different fields in GCMS Notes?

There are different date formats for different fields and and its hard to figure out in some cases

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
CoPR in the mail today!! Yay.

I expected the envelope to be covered in glitter and also play music. Just a *censored word*ty brown envelope that was taped together.

What is interesting though, we proved that we had 11 months together and then a 4 month break when I finished school in Sweden before the 12 month continuous cohabitation, and still it said 00. NONE under Conditions.

So, I guess they took it as 2 years of common-law despite the 4 month break.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Graihn said:
CoPR in the mail today!! Yay.

I expected the envelope to be covered in glitter and also play music. Just a *censored word*ty brown envelope that was taped together.

What is interesting though, we proved that we had 11 months together and then a 4 month break when I finished school in Sweden before the 12 month continuous cohabitation, and still it said 00. NONE under Conditions.

So, I guess they took it as 2 years of common-law despite the 4 month break.
Wow, no conditional PR then! That's decent. Might have been an error, or they might have decided that the 4 months in between wasn't enough to warrant conditional PR... in any case, glad you have it in hand! It's super exciting. Next step: Landing!

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
SchnookoLoly said:
Wow, no conditional PR then! That's decent. Might have been an error, or they might have decided that the 4 months in between wasn't enough to warrant conditional PR... in any case, glad you have it in hand! It's super exciting. Next step: Landing!
Thanks!

Unfortunately I am not unemployed and my current project ends November 30th, but it gives me 20 days to land after that!

Will stay active on here though

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Graihn said:
Thanks!

Unfortunately I am not unemployed and my current project ends November 30th, but it gives me 20 days to land after that!

Will stay active on here though
Graihn , so they wanted you to land before you meds expired. Wasn't you in kitchener at the time you applied?

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
taffy7 said:
Graihn , so they wanted you to land before you meds expired. Wasn't you in kitchener at the time you applied?
Yes. I was. Since I couldn't work I left the country in February.

I did my meds December 13th 2013. I suppose CIC received the results on December 21st or 20th, hence valid till 2014-12-20.

Why would my location at the time of applying play a part in any of this?

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Graihn said:
Yes. I was. Since I couldn't work I left the country in February.

I did my meds December 13th 2013. I suppose CIC received the results on December 21st or 20th, hence valid till 2014-12-20.

Why would my location at the time of applying play a part in any of this?
Oh it don't i was just making sure you where who i thought you was. I am about 30 mins from Kitchener and i remember seeing you on line and i thought at that time our timelines would be similar but i got delayed with the application .

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Sorry I see what you meant now.

As I am in Sweden now, working on a project, I can't return to Canada until after my project ends 11-30, and I need to land prior to 12-20