+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
EricandLinda said:
Finally have.

We FINALLY got our SA yesterday June 26th, after an AOR of June 5th.

I'm happy, but at the same time, I'm ***** :'( pissed at CIC for this delay. We pay good money and the government can't improve their process.

They may have started processing our application as an inland by accident, because one day I called to follow up (like 1.5 weeks after AOR) and they called me back next day and left a message. They told me to call back and retrieve a message from an agent. The agent said that what they had told me from a previous call was incorrect, that in fact my application was an outland app... whatever that meant.
Sorry your application process is starting out so frustrating. I have updated your part of the spreadsheet. Fingers crossed the rest of your process goes more smoothly.

Applicant7

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-13
AOR Received.
19-12-13
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
29-08-13
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-14
LANDED..........
28-08-14
Becki567 said:
I am having technical difficulties turning you the correct green. It seems all the custom colors have disappeared. I have messaged Schnookololy but she isn't usually around on the weekends. So you may get to be a special green for the weekend :-* Please know it will be fixed and again congrats!
I noticed this earlier and thought, "hmm, maybe they don't think our decision made is a positive decision". Forgive my doubting, my neuroses have gone a little crazy during this process.

For extra information, it says we went in process on June 23rd, but it certainly wasn't updated on the website. I have been checking twice a day recently.

We also have been requested to send more passport photos to the London office, but aren't entirely sure why.

EricandLinda

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Apr-2014
AOR Received.
05-June-2014
File Transfer...
26-June-2014
Med's Done....
07-Mar-2014
Passport Req..
09-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
29-Nov-2014
Becki567 said:
Sorry your application process is starting out so frustrating. I have updated your part of the spreadsheet. Fingers crossed the rest of your process goes more smoothly.
Thanks for the support Becki and updating the spreadsheet :)

Aniabella

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-02-2014 (CSQ issued 11-3-2014)
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
zardoz said:
You should probably raise a Case Specific Enquiry on London to ask about the CSQ. As for the intent to return, that's much more tricky. You can try sending more proof but normally one has to wait until you are alerted by the visa office. If your email is unreliable, they may have already prompted you and you haven't seen it.

You wait until your application is finished... My GCMS notes for a relatively simple application come to more than 40 pages. PI = Principal Applicant (immigrant).
I wanna thank you again zardoz for a good advice!

I got yesterday a reply from London VO and they confirmed they recieved my CSQ. I'm not sure do they mean previously or the one I had attached with the message, but at least they have it now. They requested me to attach a copy of my RPRF receipt in my reply email, so I guess Mississauga didn't update it yet in my file. At least I'm glad that now my email issue is solved as this new address seems to have no problem and further requests will actually find their way to me.

Moun7

Apr 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 22, 2014
AOR Received.
Jul 22, 2014
File Transfer...
Jul 22, 2014
Med's Done....
Mar 27, 2014
Passport Req..
Jun 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 03, 2015
Hello,
I am sponsoring my wife from London, UK who currently holds indian citizenship.
Can you please add my data on your spreadsheet I think will be helpful to others as well.

Application received: May 20, 2014
AOR: Not yet
Medical done: Mar 27, 2014
Landed: Not yet

Thanks,
Nick :)

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
Moun7 said:
Hello,
I am sponsoring my wife from London, UK who currently holds indian citizenship.
Can you please add my data on your spreadsheet I think will be helpful to others as well.

Application received: May 20, 2014
AOR: Not yet
Medical done: Mar 27, 2014
Landed: Not yet

Thanks,
Nick :)
Added! :)

CanadianInUK

Star Member
Feb 6, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
File Transfer...
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20/05/2015
LANDED..........
24/05/2015
Hi All

Finally I have sent our application off!!! I can't tell you how long I've been trying to get it done! Can we be added to the spreadsheet please? And could you remind me what the link is to view it?

I'm sponsoring my British Husband, we are applying outland from London

Application received by Mississauga on 30th June 2014 Royal Mail tracking says...but I haven' heard anything yet from CIC

Am I correct that I need to wait to hear back from CIC before I can log in and check my status? The only ID number reference I have so far is on my payment receipt...

Thanks for all your help! Will keep you updated!

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
CanadianInUK said:
Hi All

Finally I have sent our application off!!! I can't tell you how long I've been trying to get it done! Can we be added to the spreadsheet please? And could you remind me what the link is to view it?

I'm sponsoring my British Husband, we are applying outland from London

Application received by Mississauga on 30th June 2014 Royal Mail tracking says...but I haven' heard anything yet from CIC

Am I correct that I need to wait to hear back from CIC before I can log in and check my status? The only ID number reference I have so far is on my payment receipt...

Thanks for all your help! Will keep you updated!
You are on the spreadsheet. Link is in my signature below :)

Moun7

Apr 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 22, 2014
AOR Received.
Jul 22, 2014
File Transfer...
Jul 22, 2014
Med's Done....
Mar 27, 2014
Passport Req..
Jun 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 03, 2015
Hi there,
Question regarding police clearance and religious ceremony.

Police clearance: My wife obtained her UK police clearance and we submitted to CIC for the time period she spent in UK. But prior to moving to UK she was living in Dubai, UAE. She lived there until she turned 18. I think CIC requires police clearance from all countries where you have lived more than 6 months after the age of 18. The thing is my wife was 18 when she lived in Dubai but only lived for roughly five and half months before moving to UK. Is this going to be an issue with CIC? Shall we go ahead and apply for UAE police clearance?

Religious ceremony: Also, even though we are Hindu we did not conduct religious ceremony. Our marriage was civil ceremony and we explained the rationale, provided photos, UK marriage certificate, etc. in our application. Does CIC really care about religious ceremony?

Thanks for all your replies and help.

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
Moun7 said:
Hi there,
Question regarding police clearance and religious ceremony.

Police clearance: My wife obtained her UK police clearance and we submitted to CIC for the time period she spent in UK. But prior to moving to UK she was living in Dubai, UAE. She lived there until she turned 18. I think CIC requires police clearance from all countries where you have lived more than 6 months after the age of 18. The thing is my wife was 18 when she lived in Dubai but only lived for roughly five and half months before moving to UK. Is this going to be an issue with CIC? Shall we go ahead and apply for UAE police clearance?

Religious ceremony: Also, even though we are Hindu we did not conduct religious ceremony. Our marriage was civil ceremony and we explained the rationale, provided photos, UK marriage certificate, etc. in our application. Does CIC really care about religious ceremony?

Thanks for all your replies and help.
IMO I would go ahead and get the police clearance. If they do end up requesting it you will wish you had done it sooner because when they request additional documents the letter they send you usually says they will review the additional documents within 4 months. So most of the time it will add additional time to your waiting.

I had a civil ceremony with no issues. As long as the marriage is a legal union then I do not think they care if it is religious or not.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Moun7 said:
The thing is my wife was 18 when she lived in Dubai but only lived for roughly five and half months before moving to UK. Is this going to be an issue with CIC? Shall we go ahead and apply for UAE police clearance?

They may or may not request it. My partner spent just under 6 months in France and they requested that PCC from him.

Religious ceremony is very important to CIC when applying in a country where it's the standard, such as India. In the UK, civil ceremonies are perfectly normal and don't raise any red flags.

inexplored

Star Member
Sep 6, 2012
Just curious !!! Can you please give me you inputs. I know at this point its all guessing. But lets see what's your all take on this?

Due to relationship problem I had withdrawn my previous sponsorship app (2012).

Anyways since then I had a birth of a second baby (One is Canadian and the other baby is waiting on the Cnd Citizenship certificate) and now again applied in Feb 2014 for spousal sponsorship (SAME MARRIAGE AND SAME APPLICANT), The file transferred to LVO on first week of May 2014.

Yesterday when I checked E-case (Under the file number NOT under client ID "UCI"). They were showing status of both files (PAST WITHDRAWAL APP + RECENT APP). I thought that they wanted to see through the both files which I assumed is fine by me.

As a habit of checking my E-case at least once a day. When I checked my E-Case the next day, It ONLY showed the status of my current file (APP RECEIVED). And my past app which was withdrawn, vanished again.

Question: What to make of this? I heard they don't touch any files in the first 5-8 months for eligibility? But here obviously indicates some sort of an activity? Or it is just a system glitch....ANY GUESSES??? CURIOUS!!!!

Randidee

May 8, 2014
Hello All!

Exciting times these are! I am hoping someone can add our timeline to the spreadsheet!

application sent: March 22nd, 2014
Application received: March 28th, 2014
Aor: May 13th, 2014
Sponsorship approval: May 22nd, 2014

I am a Canadian and my fiancé is from the UK! So we just hope we did the application right and that we provided enough documentation!

Good luck to everyone, so great to have a support group and people that are facing the same situation!

Randi & Gareth :-*

Shayreef

Apr 16, 2013
Hello,

I just had a question and was wondering if someone could assist me.

I am currently going through the application process and am still waiting for a result. My wife (a British Citizen) is currently in Canada with me and had a visitor record that was valid until the end of July 2014. I was able to apply online and receive an extension until July 2015 and need to send the revised Visitor Extension to the Canadian Immigration office in London.

My wife also needed to obtain a new passport while we were in Canada and we were able to do that successfully. I also wanted to scan copies of her new passport (along with the new Visitor Extension Record) and send them both to the appropriate office.

What email address do I send these scanned documents to? Is it best to email or should I send copies of the originals through the mail?

Thank you.

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
Randidee said:
Hello All!

Exciting times these are! I am hoping someone can add our timeline to the spreadsheet!

application sent: March 22nd, 2014
Application received: March 28th, 2014
Aor: May 13th, 2014
Sponsorship approval: May 22nd, 2014

I am a Canadian and my fiancé is from the UK! So we just hope we did the application right and that we provided enough documentation!

Good luck to everyone, so great to have a support group and people that are facing the same situation!

Randi & Gareth :-*
Added! Congratulations. I assume you applied as Common Law. Please take a look at the spreadsheet and let me know if anything needs to be changed. Do you have a date for your wedding? :)