+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Becki567 said:
Brit_Immigrant - Any word? Was cleaning up spreadsheet and noticed you are 8 days away from being the slowest application of the year :mad:

Probably not the record you were hoping to get. Have you got an MP involved? I really would like to turn ya green.
No, definitely not the record I was hoping for. I gave up getting GCMS notes as they are always a month behind by the time you get them, but as I have still had no word I assume there has been no significant progression.

Was going to wait the required 11 months out (late July) and then apply some more pressure if I haven't heard from them by then.

I have kind of given up caring now, I have just accepted that they are ridiculously slow and it will arrive when it arrives!

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
Brit_Immigrant said:
No, definitely not the record I was hoping for. I gave up getting GCMS notes as they are always a month behind by the time you get them, but as I have still had no word I assume there has been no significant progression.

Was going to wait the required 11 months out (late July) and then apply some more pressure if I haven't heard from them by then.

I have kind of given up caring now, I have just accepted that they are ridiculously slow and it will arrive when it arrives!
Well at least you aren't letting it drive you insane. Still have my fingers crossed for you.

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
For those that follow the spreadsheet and may have their own link saved, please note the link has changed.

Please use the one in my signature from now on. The spreadsheet was changed to add more functionality for the editors, but viewers should not really notice much of a change. If there any issues please let Schnookololy know. Thanks

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012

jkgtr

Star Member
Oct 13, 2013
Belfast
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/12/2013
AOR Received.
29/01/2014
File Transfer...
29/01/2014
Med's Done....
18/10/2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
15/7/2014
LANDED..........
5/08/2014
Brit_Immigrant said:

Nightmare, chin up I am sure they will get there. Hopefully you will not have to go past the 11th month

good luck mate

GWN86

Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
Med's Done....
17-11-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet available
LANDED..........
Not yet available
Heyhey all,

Still waiting on my husband's visa of course :) However a thought recently popped into my head. We're currently lining things up to ship me off to Canada at the end of October since I need lead time on my husband (who works oilfield rotations) to hunt down an apartment and we've got no real date to loosely guess when he'll get his visa. Though we assume it could be sooner rather than later, we're planning on the later just in case. So the thought is this: How long do you have to 'land' at Canada? 3 months, 6 months, 9months, a year even? If it's less than 6 months, anyone have experience with applying for an extension?

I only ask because I am planning to fly out end of Oct, my husband to follow during the first week of Dec (due to work obligations). If by some miracle that visa gets granted before middle of July and it is 6 months or under than we may need an extension. Due to where we live, flag polling can't be done before hand. At least not without a LOT of time and effort.

Cheers!

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
GWN86 said:
Heyhey all,

Still waiting on my husband's visa of course :) However a thought recently popped into my head. We're currently lining things up to ship me off to Canada at the end of October since I need lead time on my husband (who works oilfield rotations) to hunt down an apartment and we've got no real date to loosely guess when he'll get his visa. Though we assume it could be sooner rather than later, we're planning on the later just in case. So the thought is this: How long do you have to 'land' at Canada? 3 months, 6 months, 9months, a year even? If it's less than 6 months, anyone have experience with applying for an extension?

I only ask because I am planning to fly out end of Oct, my husband to follow during the first week of Dec (due to work obligations). If by some miracle that visa gets granted before middle of July and it is 6 months or under than we may need an extension. Due to where we live, flag polling can't be done before hand. At least not without a LOT of time and effort.

Cheers!
You have 1 year from when you did you medicals. If you did your medicals on October 13th 2013 for example and you get the visa on say September 10th, you will have till October 12th 2014. No way to extend it. If they are ready to issue your visa a few weeks before the medical expires, they might be nice and extends it for another year, or they will ask you to redo your medicals.

MrPineappleHead

Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
07-04-2014
File Transfer...
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
29-11-2014
Just out of curiosity and thinking too much while twiddling my thumbs, does any commenters on this thread know of any cases of common-law/spousal applications being rejected through the London VO?

I saw on the stats that the approval rate is around 98%.

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
MrPineappleHead said:
Just out of curiosity and thinking too much while twiddling my thumbs, does any commenters on this thread know of any cases of common-law/spousal applications being rejected through the London VO?

I saw on the stats that the approval rate is around 98%.
I have seen 3 off the top of my head that I can think of. Have you thought of volunteering? Might get ya out of the house and distract you until your decision comes through :)

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
Graihn said:
You have 1 year from when you did you medicals. If you did your medicals on October 13th 2013 for example and you get the visa on say September 10th, you will have till October 12th 2014. No way to extend it. If they are ready to issue your visa a few weeks before the medical expires, they might be nice and extends it for another year, or they will ask you to redo your medicals.
+1 , Graihn is absolutely correct. I have not seen much extending. Someone just recently was only given 3 weeks to land but it wasn't an issue for them. I can't seem to remember the name...

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Becki567 said:
+1 , Graihn is absolutely correct. I have not seen much extending. Someone just recently was only given 3 weeks to land but it wasn't an issue for them. I can't seem to remember the name...
So my medical expires on July 23rd or 25th.

Any idea if I can find out if they will extend it? I really don't fancy having to fork out for a new medical and go through the pretty much pointless examination they do again. Plus I will be going back to the UK for a trip when it expires.

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Hi guys

I have another questions please.

London finally asked for my husband copy of passport in May which I sent. Now they are asking for my husband to attend an interview to determined his eligibility. Now they know that we have been married for 20years and with children. He has a sister in Canada and he was there before. We even got married in Canada in 1991.

Now my questions are: 1) why are they asking for an interview after asking for the copy of his passport and we gave them evidence of 20years relationship with children.
2) is this situation happened before with anybody in this forum.
3) what do you guys think the questions would be

Little background:
Husband lived in Canada but overstayed and was asked to leave which he did (yes we lived together.
Came back a months later to marry me.
He went back to England and a followed him and now living in England eversince.
Myself and our children are dual citizens Canadian and British.

So, what in the world this means? Please can anybody give me an idea? I am getting really stress, this all too much as we started Feb 2012. This is getting tooo long. I want to go back home but not without him.

Thank you

Applicant7

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-13
AOR Received.
19-12-13
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
29-08-13
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-14
LANDED..........
28-08-14
Becki567 said:
I have seen 3 off the top of my head that I can think of. Have you thought of volunteering? Might get ya out of the house and distract you until your decision comes through :)
Have any of them been rejected without an interview? That's my constant worry... :-[

GWN86

Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
Med's Done....
17-11-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet available
LANDED..........
Not yet available
Becki567 said:
My husband's issue is that he works in Saudi on a rig every 4 weeks on rotation, depending on when we get the visa...he may be stuck at work.

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
qtazngal said:
Hi guys

I have another questions please.

London finally asked for my husband copy of passport in May which I sent. Now they are asking for my husband to attend an interview to determined his eligibility. Now they know that we have been married for 20years and with children. He has a sister in Canada and he was there before. We even got married in Canada in 1991.

Now my questions are: 1) why are they asking for an interview after asking for the copy of his passport and we gave them evidence of 20years relationship with children.
2) is this situation happened before with anybody in this forum.
3) what do you guys think the questions would be

Little background:
Husband lived in Canada but overstayed and was asked to leave which he did (yes we lived together.
Came back a months later to marry me.
He went back to England and a followed him and now living in England eversince.
Myself and our children are dual citizens Canadian and British.

So, what in the world this means? Please can anybody give me an idea? I am getting really stress, this all too much as we started Feb 2012. This is getting tooo long. I want to go back home but not without him.

Thank you
I am guessing the fact that he overstayed, was asked to leave and then you married might be a big red flag to them. If they are requesting an interview they have some doubts about the application. When is the interview? If you have more than 30 days order your GCMS notes and that will tell you exactly what their issues with the application are.