+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Still waiting for ours to come back after sending it for correction.
Been a week now and not a peep out of London since. Sigh...

Swedish citizen

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
In Canada on visitor visa
scottishmaple said:
No, they have requested that I do another Police Certificate. I take it after 1 year they like to have it redone...
They requested another police certificate for me as well, but now it seems like they made a decision without it since they've send me a passport copy and passport photos request, even if they haven't received the police certificate yet.
Cross my fingers that you'll have the same!

Swedish citizen

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
godisFin said:
OMG, I went to check my ecas and I'm actually in process!!!!!

There it said I went in process on August 6! Can someone update the spreadsheet, thank you!!! :)

Happy day!!!!! :)
Congratulations! :)

Swedish citizen

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
moonchild67 said:
Bloody hell ! Decision made. Hope its a good one !
Congrats Orly , Hope we are right behind you.
Yeeey! From one December girl to another - congratulations! :)

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
So I have had a meeting with a PA of my local MP here in Vancouver to see if they can do anything about these extended background checks.

I am not sure it will have any effect on the situation, but worth a try, right? I have heard/ read mixed reviews on contacting your MP and their involvement.

Congratulations to all now "in process" and with their "DM's".

Awesome news!

David :)

hucards

Jun 21, 2013
So I'm moving back to Canada on September 10th and my Japanese wife is going to "visit" me to wait out her visa. When they send the COPR I understand we will have to drive to the US and back to officially land. Can someone explain the process and if there are any difficulties? I'm asking in the London thread because I think there are more people here who have done it than the Manila thread.

Thanks in advance!

noshi11

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2013
AOR Received.
02-02-2013
File Transfer...
02-14-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2013
LANDED..........
30-10-2013
Guys according to my gcsm notes my application went into "in progress" status on May 23. Is that the same as being in process on ecas? The VO also reviewed the file on this date and made notes regarding our relationship.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hucards said:
So I'm moving back to Canada on September 10th and my Japanese wife is going to "visit" me to wait out her visa. When they send the COPR I understand we will have to drive to the US and back to officially land. Can someone explain the process and if there are any difficulties? I'm asking in the London thread because I think there are more people here who have done it than the Manila thread.

Thanks in advance!
Very easy process :). Your wife will need her passport and COPR, as well as a list of goods she is bringing with her and a list of goods to follow (if she more stuff to come). Depending on which crossing you go to, I think it is usually easier to just park on the Canadian side and walk through.

First, you will need to go see the US immigration. Tell them that she is flagpoling, the US officers will know what it means, they are quite familiar with this situation. They will give your wife a administrative refusal; this is not a real refusal and has no impact on any future entries to the US.

With the admin refusal paper, you will need to head to Canadian immigration. Your wife will give them her documents and she will have the landing interview with an officer; if you want to go into the office for the interview with her, you can ask. The officer invited me in with my partner when he landed. The officer will ask her a few questions, some initials and signatures on the forms; depending on the officer, she might get a little explanation of PR rights and obligations or some information pamphlets.

Then she is a PR :). That's it, nice and easy.

Because your wife doesn't need a visa to enter the US, just the $14 ESTA, you guys also have the option of making it a day trip (or longer) to the US if you want to actually enter and do some shopping etc. Same procedure except you tell the US officers you are entering for a few hours to shop etc. and then returning to Canada so she can land as a PR. In this case, they won't give her the admin refusal, they will stamp her passport instead.

Coral_Bliss

Aug 13, 2013
noshi11 said:
Guys according to my gcsm notes my application went into "in progress" status on May 23. Is that the same as being in process on ecas? The VO also reviewed the file on this date and made notes regarding our relationship.

I am sure you are in process as well cause we almost share the same timeline. My ecas still says Application received, its just they never get bothered to update the ecas :(

You will hear from the London VO really soon Insha'Allah! :)

hucards

Jun 21, 2013
canuck_in_uk said:
Very easy process :). Your wife will need her passport and COPR, as well as a list of goods she is bringing with her and a list of goods to follow (if she more stuff to come). Depending on which crossing you go to, I think it is usually easier to just park on the Canadian side and walk through.

First, you will need to go see the US immigration. Tell them that she is flagpoling, the US officers will know what it means, they are quite familiar with this situation. They will give your wife a administrative refusal; this is not a real refusal and has no impact on any future entries to the US.

With the admin refusal paper, you will need to head to Canadian immigration. Your wife will give them her documents and she will have the landing interview with an officer; if you want to go into the office for the interview with her, you can ask. The officer invited me in with my partner when he landed. The officer will ask her a few questions, some initials and signatures on the forms; depending on the officer, she might get a little explanation of PR rights and obligations or some information pamphlets.

Then she is a PR :). That's it, nice and easy.

Because your wife doesn't need a visa to enter the US, just the $14 ESTA, you guys also have the option of making it a day trip (or longer) to the US if you want to actually enter and do some shopping etc. Same procedure except you tell the US officers you are entering for a few hours to shop etc. and then returning to Canada so she can land as a PR. In this case, they won't give her the admin refusal, they will stamp her passport instead.
Thanks for the info! :D

orly

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guelph, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-08-2013 (lived in Canada since 2012 though)
hucards said:

Thanks in advance!
Landed today myself.

Pretty easy. Just go to the US for the day (or ask to "flagpole") and then on the way back into Canada tell the Guard you need to see immigration to land. They'll likely point you towards a building nearby. Have the 2 COPRs and the passport with you but don't fill out the information on the COPRs until you're with the immigration officer inside. You get two copies of the COPR - one which the CBSA keeps and one which they'll staple into the passport.

Took about 5 minutes total. As I already live in Canada I had no personal belongings with me nor do I have any more being shipped over. If that is different for you there are some forms that'll need filled out in advance. It's explained in the package when you get the COPR letters.

noshi11

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2013
AOR Received.
02-02-2013
File Transfer...
02-14-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2013
LANDED..........
30-10-2013
Coral_Bliss said:
I am sure you are in process as well cause we almost share the same timeline. My ecas still says Application received, its just they never get bothered to update the ecas :(

You will hear from the London VO really soon Insha'Allah! :)
Insha'Allah :)

moonchild67

Dec 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Med's Done....
16-11-2012
Congratulations to all whom have seen progress in this nerve racking process.
ScottishMaple , I hope you move quickly from in process to decision made .
Orly , officially welcome to Canada :)

Me , well , I will be checking the mail.......Can't wait until this is behind us .

Nocsy

Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
23-05-2013
Med's Request
20-08-2013
Hoping for some help.

We had a reply from our MP yesterday and they said my medical documents had been requested from London on July 15 and the next time they review our file will be September 15.

Can anyone explain this? Is it normal procedure? Who has requested the meds? Are meds process in Canada and not London?

Hopefull this is good news but not really sure what it means.

Coral_Bliss

Aug 13, 2013
Nocsy said:
Hoping for some help.

We had a reply from our MP yesterday and they said my medical documents had been requested from London on July 15 and the next time they review our file will be September 15.

Can anyone explain this? Is it normal procedure? Who has requested the meds? Are meds process in Canada and not London?

Hopefull this is good news but not really sure what it means.

Have you not already submitted your medical with your Application?