+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
siris said:
Hi
Can anyone please add me to this thread, I have sent in my application on the feb 5th and the mississuaga received on the 6th and got my AOR on the 19th of February.

Thank you
siris
Hey guys - Am I missing something as I didn't believe AOR's were sent for outland apps?

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
markstimson said:
Hey guys - Am I missing something as I didn't believe AOR's were sent for outland apps?
Some VO's do. But London Doesn't send out AOR's for Family class which is stated on their website. However, a lot of people (not all) get an AOR from Mississauga for sponsorship and I am assuming that is what siris is referring to. As my husband got and AOR from them when his sponsorship application was received.

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
I assumed that the user mistakenly used AOR to mean 'sponsor approval' but I guess we'll wait to hear back!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
sfeire said:
Hmmmmm I logged into Ecas today as normal with my application number and my details.
Up till now when I log in I just see my mailing address and underneath, my application status - application received.
But today when I logged in my home address had been added to the screen??!? Does this mean they are currently processing my application and updating details??? Or just the site has changed!??
I wonder! Lets hope it means something is happening!! :)
I would say - it's rather good news! :) they added a category with "home address" on my ecas 8h before I got DM.... they first added the category "home address", then added "Vancouver, BC, Canada" (nothing else, and it's because we had said that we were going to Vancouver), and the next morning when I logged in : DM!! so... you're probably really near the end! fingers crossed!
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sarah2012 said:
Hi I need some advice: My COPR has my sponsors old address on it. We've rented a new place now. I'm flying into Canada very soon. Do I inform immigration about a new address, what proof shall I bring? I have a photocopy of the lease and my sponsor will be in the arrivals hall of the airport! That should be sufficient do you think?
I confirm - it doesn't matter. I had an address on my COPR, but the officer didn't look at it. What is important is that you have a Canadian address when you land (yours, it would make it easier, but could be a friend if you don't know how long you will be there - I put my inlaws for example), because you will be asked for it, as the PR card will be sent there. You don't have to show any proof of the address - it's your responsibility to give a correct one because that's where the PR card arrives at... The important information (date of birth, name etc) has to be correct - but for mine, for example they didn't put the place of birth - no town, nothing! just the country. The Immigration Officer laughed and made me add it manually when I landed.
Good luck with moving, and landing! ( but not a stressful process at all!).
Sweden

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
MandyUK said:
Hi all, not been on for a while saw this post and wanted to reply, I entered Canada a year and a half ago now, my application was in process at the time, i was very honest with them at the border, dont forget they will ask you questions but they already know answers as they can see it on their screen. I showed them my return ticket and said that i intended to return to the UK if my application was not finsihed by then and she asked me if I would like 6 months, I said yes and ended up with a 1 year visitor visa. dont take things like CV's or anything that looks like your there to look for work, thats a BIG no no, as they wont believe you intend to leave. just saying that as I know someone who did that and was refused entry at the border.

Good luck everyone and hope you all get you visa's very soon :)
Thank you Mandy! I've been so stressed up because of this... but I feel better now because I realize there shouldn't be any problems entering Canada. :)

m_and_m

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2013
LANDED..........
04-06-2013
godisFin said:
Thank you Mandy! I've been so stressed up because of this... but I feel better now because I realize there shouldn't be any problems entering Canada. :)
Let us know how it went! I'm also thinking of visiting my husband :)

(Oletko muuten Suomesta? :) ) <- I'm just asking if there's finally someone else from Finland here!

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
m_and_m said:
Let us know how it went! I'm also thinking of visiting my husband :)

(Oletko muuten Suomesta? :) ) <- I'm just asking if there's finally someone else from Finland here!
I will! :)

(joo, olen! :) ) I've noticed there is not a lot of us Finns here! :)

CkMaddall

Sep 14, 2012
Couple of quick questions from a visa newbie:

1) Has anyone compiled a list of the UK's medical screening prices? About to check them all, but thought I would check here first! I am London based, but would travel to get the cheapest (within reason)

2) How do the medical results get submitted? I understand the rules changed in late 2012, and am getting confused by information written before and after (and what I am hearing from the medical practices!). Am I right in thinking that I just have to book and turn up, and they will do the rest... but bring Appendix C just in case? Any clarity would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers in advance

canadamom

Apr 25, 2012
Hello everyone,
Getting anxious here waiting for my husband's approval. I am constantly checking our status on the website. Currently it says my husbands application started being processed Feb 1st 2013 and that the medical results have been received...
What is taking so long? We sent our application in June 2012. We are dealing with the London, UK office, as my husband is from Denmark. Not sure what the next step is and when they will ask for my husband's passport.
Any input is appreciated!
Thanks!
Canadamom

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
canadamom - many people have been 'in progress' for much longer than this. See the spreadsheet - http://tinyurl.com/aklopg7

I think - and this is just a hunch from me - that they have around 50 applications in progress at one time. They assign each a number from 1 to 50 and then they get out a giant roulette wheel. Every day they spin the roulette wheel 3 times and they process the numbers that come up. Some people have numbers that just never come up and they are just unlucky people.

Now bare in mind this is just a hunch from me but does go some way to explain how some people can be in progress for days and some for (literally) months.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
michty6 said:
I think - and this is just a hunch from me - that they have around 50 applications in progress at one time. They assign each a number from 1 to 50 and then they get out a giant roulette wheel. Every day they spin the roulette wheel 3 times and they process the numbers that come up. Some people have numbers that just never come up and they are just unlucky people.
LOL

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
michty6 said:
canadamom - many people have been 'in progress' for much longer than this. See the spreadsheet - http://tinyurl.com/aklopg7

Now bare in mind this is just a hunch from me but does go some way to explain how some people can be in progress for days and some for (literally) months.
it seems like a very reasonable explanation to me! :)
canadamom said:
Hello everyone,
Getting anxious here waiting for my husband's approval. I am constantly checking our status on the website. Currently it says my husbands application started being processed Feb 1st 2013 and that the medical results have been received...
What is taking so long? We sent our application in June 2012. We are dealing with the London, UK office, as my husband is from Denmark. Not sure what the next step is and when they will ask for my husband's passport.
Any input is appreciated!
Thanks!
Canadamom
Hey Canadamom,

Velkommen! :) it's difficult to say what takes so long, but indeed, according to the spreadsheet you should be near the end.
Your husband is visa-exempt so they won't ask for his passport. One day, ecas will turn into "decision made", and a few days later you will receive a letter in the post: COPR (confirmation of PR). you don't need to send in anything (unless asked to!).
Lykke til!
Sweden
CkMaddall said:

1) Has anyone compiled a list of the UK's medical screening prices? About to check them all, but thought I would check here first! I am London based, but would travel to get the cheapest (within reason)

2) How do the medical results get submitted? I understand the rules changed in late 2012, and am getting confused by information written before and after (and what I am hearing from the medical practices!). Am I right in thinking that I just have to book and turn up, and they will do the rest... but bring Appendix C just in case? Any clarity would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers in advance
Hey there,

question 1 : not me!
question 2: indeed, you don't need to bring anything, apart from pictures - check with the doctor's office how many you need. at the end of the appointment, you will get a form, with your picture and the doctor's signature, and you add that to the application as a proof that you have done the medicals. You won't see the results of the tests most likely. THe doctor puts them in the system and they go to London, and they are matched with your application at a later stage. Most people will see a line on ecas ( the online system that you'll be able to access once you have stage 1 approval) saying "medicals have been received".

Good luck,
Sweden

sarah2012

Jan 3, 2012
Sweden said:
I confirm - it doesn't matter. I had an address on my COPR, but the officer didn't look at it. What is important is that you have a Canadian address when you land (yours, it would make it easier, but could be a friend if you don't know how long you will be there - I put my inlaws for example), because you will be asked for it, as the PR card will be sent there. You don't have to show any proof of the address - it's your responsibility to give a correct one because that's where the PR card arrives at... The important information (date of birth, name etc) has to be correct - but for mine, for example they didn't put the place of birth - no town, nothing! just the country. The Immigration Officer laughed and made me add it manually when I landed.
Good luck with moving, and landing! ( but not a stressful process at all!).
Sweden
Great thank you. Congratulations on your job too.
They have marked my birthplace slightly incorrectly, in misspelled Irish instead of English but everything else is ok.
I'm moving to Kingston, ON and then onto Victoria, BC. So I'll put down whichever address I'll be in, in the next few weeks.

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
CkMaddall said:

Cheers in advance
Hello. I don't think there is a price list on here but I think they are all much of a muchness. I live in Newcastle and found it cheaper to drive to Glasgow and pay their prices than going to London. I don't think you would save that much by heading out of London... just make sure the price quoted includes the x-ray as I nearly fell foul of that.

I was also confused about how they get submitted (as was a certain practice in Scotland which was not in Glasgow). It seems it changed end of last year. You just need to take your ID and 4 photos. They give you a certificate with your UCI number on it which you include with your application. When it gets to the visa office they use the UCI to match it with the report that the doctor will have sent them. Hope that helps.