+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Merveille

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
SwedentoQuebec said:
it seems that you are about two months ahead of me in the process :p lucky! yes im already in Quebec city, waiting which is frustrating, i was hoping you moved to Qc because ive been dying to get to know some swedes here in Quebec but there are none :( i know there are more in Montreal but its 3 hours away. oh well. good luck!! :D
Unfortunatly not..If you pass bu Montreal someday we could always "fika". I have not meet any Swede in Montreal...where do I find them? Make most out of the freetime you have now i. Quebec city...( även om det är långtråkigt)..i hope we get a decicion fast and can proceed with our new life. Good luck!

Lakwa

Sep 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
Doc's Request.
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
Med's Done....
20-02-2012
Interview........
Nope
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2013
sfeire said:
So I emailed London 2 weeks ago and they said my file was under review and they would be in touch if anything further was needed. I've not heard anything since then not have I heard anything from the lawyer (who would get any correspondence). Should I email them again? It seems a lot of July and August peeps are getting DM or in process so I'm getting worried that we've not heard anything. It's practically 6 months now that our application has been in London.
I hear ya!!! It's so frustrating not hearing from them. My application was sent off around the same time, and we only just heard from CIC on Feb.18th for more info. Really thought that our application was straight forward and easy to process. Is your application complicated at all? Just wondering why they are holding to ours a little longer than other folks...hmmmmm.

Good luck anyways! Hope our PR's are in the mail together and very soon!

Lakwa

antz21

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-13
LANDED..........
02-04-13
Lakwa said:
I hear ya!!! It's so frustrating not hearing from them. My application was sent off around the same time, and we only just heard from CIC on Feb.18th for more info. Really thought that our application was straight forward and easy to process. Is your application complicated at all? Just wondering why they are holding to ours a little longer than other folks...hmmmmm.

Good luck anyways! Hope our PR's are in the mail together and very soon!

Lakwa
Lakwa - Our apps got to Missasauga the same time! Hoping that we hear DM soon... Tired of being in the 'in process' stage for over a month now...

sarah2012

Jan 3, 2012
Hi I need some advice: My COPR has my sponsors old address on it. We've rented a new place now. I'm flying into Canada very soon. Do I inform immigration about a new address, what proof shall I bring? I have a photocopy of the lease and my sponsor will be in the arrivals hall of the airport! That should be sufficient do you think?

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
sarah2012 said:
Hi I need some advice: My COPR has my sponsors old address on it. We've rented a new place now. I'm flying into Canada very soon. Do I inform immigration about a new address, what proof shall I bring? I have a photocopy of the lease and my sponsor will be in the arrivals hall of the airport! That should be sufficient do you think?
Hey Sarah. Do you already have the COPR? If so, I don't believe it matters at all! You'll fill out a landing card when you get there that you'll put down your new address on, but I don't think it matters at all.

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
Hi DGT!

This is so off topic, but I noticed that you have entered Canada already. Did you have any issues at the border or did you bring some papers with you to prove that you are in process getting PR? I'm going to Canada soon to wait for the PR and would like to use any tips how to get through the customs the smoothest way possible.

Thanks! :)

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
godisFin said:
Hi DGT!

This is so off topic, but I noticed that you have entered Canada already. Did you have any issues at the border or did you bring some papers with you to prove that you are in process getting PR? I'm going to Canada soon to wait for the PR and would like to use any tips how to get through the customs the smoothest way possible.

Hello! I was just honest with them at the border. I brought my receipt, as well as my wife's Sponsor approval (she was with me at the time too). I'd also recommend either getting a return ticket, or bringing with you a bank statement with proof of funds for a return ticket! It would definitely be easier with a return ticket in my opinion! But yeah, just be honest and say you intend to wait for your PR in Canada, or leave if it doesn't arrive before your 6 months expires!

P.S Of course, you don't have to leave after the 6 months of course. You can easily extend your visitor status!

sarah2012

Jan 3, 2012
DGT said:
Hey Sarah. Do you already have the COPR? If so, I don't believe it matters at all! You'll fill out a landing card when you get there that you'll put down your new address on, but I don't think it matters at all.
Yes I got it four weeks ago. I'm flying to Canada in two and half weeks. Thanks very much! :)

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
DGT said:
Hello! I was just honest with them at the border. I brought my receipt, as well as my wife's Sponsor approval (she was with me at the time too). I'd also recommend either getting a return ticket, or bringing with you a bank statement with proof of funds for a return ticket! It would definitely be easier with a return ticket in my opinion! But yeah, just be honest and say you intend to wait for your PR in Canada, or leave if it doesn't arrive before your 6 months expires!

P.S Of course, you don't have to leave after the 6 months of course. You can easily extend your visitor status!
Thank you so much for the answer! I was also thinking of bringing the receipt, I have a return flight but it's only a month away from my entry and I wouldn't like to use it. I'll bring my bank info, so that should help if I say I have no intention to use the return I already have. Yeah, I don't think there is any point in lying.. doesn't get me anywhere.

This helped a lot, thanks again! :)

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
godisFin said:
Thank you so much for the answer! I was also thinking of bringing the receipt, I have a return flight but it's only a month away from my entry and I wouldn't like to use it. I'll bring my bank info, so that should help if I say I have no intention to use the return I already have. Yeah, I don't think there is any point in lying.. doesn't get me anywhere.

This helped a lot, thanks again! :)
No problem! I had a return flight 2 months after my landing. I wasn't really sure if I was going to use it or not, but it definitely makes it hard for them to give you a hard time at the airport! Good luck and welcome to Canada when you arrive!

siris

Feb 5, 2013
Hi
Can anyone please add me to this thread, I have sent in my application on the feb 5th and the mississuaga received on the 6th and got my AOR on the 19th of February.

Thank you
siris

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
Hmmmmm I logged into Ecas today as normal with my application number and my details.
Up till now when I log in I just see my mailing address and underneath, my application status - application received.
But today when I logged in my home address had been added to the screen??!? Does this mean they are currently processing my application and updating details??? Or just the site has changed!??
I wonder! Lets hope it means something is happening!! :)

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
sfeire said:
Hmmmmm I logged into Ecas today as normal with my application number and my details.
Up till now when I log in I just see my mailing address and underneath, my application status - application received.
But today when I logged in my home address had been added to the screen??!? Does this mean they are currently processing my application and updating details??? Or just the site has changed!??
I wonder! Lets hope it means something is happening!! :)
Sounds like your file is opened fully at last! It means someone is tinkering with your stuff on ECAS for sure. I hope the epic journey is nearly over for you!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
siris said:
Hi
Can anyone please add me to this thread, I have sent in my application on the feb 5th and the mississuaga received on the 6th and got my AOR on the 19th of February.

Thank you
siris
Welcome, I have added you to the spreadsheet, as I assumed that is what you meant by 'add me to this thread'. Are you non visa exempt and are you applying under marriage or common-law? (this information is to help with the statistics)

MandyUK

Jun 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd July 2011
File Transfer...
27th September 2011
Med's Done....
1st July 2011
Passport Req..
November 7th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
December 29th 2011
LANDED..........
24th Jan 2012. (Canada Place)
godisFin said:
Hi DGT!

Hi all, not been on for a while saw this post and wanted to reply, I entered Canada a year and a half ago now, my application was in process at the time, i was very honest with them at the border, dont forget they will ask you questions but they already know answers as they can see it on their screen. I showed them my return ticket and said that i intended to return to the UK if my application was not finsihed by then and she asked me if I would like 6 months, I said yes and ended up with a 1 year visitor visa. dont take things like CV's or anything that looks like your there to look for work, thats a BIG no no, as they wont believe you intend to leave. just saying that as I know someone who did that and was refused entry at the border.

Good luck everyone and hope you all get you visa's very soon :)