+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
dannypee said:
in fact I know the email says that but why give you 60days then ? curious
it gives 60 days to send the documents because sometimes it takes time to gather everything they need - so they have a generic deadline for all extra documents. It's difficult to know when they will actually add them to your file. It also depends if they are close to issuing the PR or not, if they are waiting for background checks to come back. In your case because they have asked already for the medical extension (if I remember right), they won't be able to issue your PR until they have the extension confirmed. So your documents might already matched to your file, and they might be waiting on something else!

I only sent documents without being asked for it: I was waiting for Police Certificates that took a long time to get, so I sent my application with almost everything, and added a note that I was still waiting for some police certificates, and later on sent documents (twice). They were added to my file without much delay, so I suppose it is the same for you - matching documents should not take long if you have your file number etc. It might take a while to get the extension back though, so maybe that's what is holding your file.

Good luck,
Sweden

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
DGT said:
highlanders were forced from their land to make way for sheep
That is one of the funniest things I have ever heard!!

The new spreadsheet is looking good, cheers to everyone working on it :)

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
rebecassss said:
That is one of the funniest things I have ever heard!!

The new spreadsheet is looking good, cheers to everyone working on it :)
I know right? Here are some things that made sheep a better investment than tenants.

1. Sheep are never late on rent.

2. Sheep don't make moonshine whiskey and hide it from the customs and excise.

3. Sheep aren't likely to get involved in any further Jacobean uprisings.

4. Sheep make more cash for a landowner than subsistence farmers.

The delicious irony of all this is that these people were shipped off at the expense of the landowners, to what amounted to a much better life that many urban Scot's were scrimping and saving to pay for the passage there!

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
DGT said:
I know right? Here are some things that made sheep a better investment than tenants.

1. Sheep are never late on rent.

2. Sheep don't make moonshine whiskey and hide it from the customs and excise.

3. Sheep aren't likely to get involved in any further Jacobean uprisings.

4. Sheep make more cash for a landowner than subsistence farmers.

The delicious irony of all this is that these people were shipped off at the expense of the landowners, to what amounted to a much better life that many urban Scot's were scrimping and saving to pay for the passage there!
I am welsh. Therefore you lost me at sheep.

dannypee

Jan 29, 2013
Ok so im slowly driving myself mad !!! ive just realised that the additional info I sent might not be good enough !!!! ive sent 13 months of joint utility bills from last jan to present but heres the kicker we applied in august 2012 !!!! I have said in a covering letter that I can send more if I need to dating back into 2011 should I send them more anyway or wait and see !!!!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
dannypee said:
Ok so im slowly driving myself mad !!! ive just realised that the additional info I sent might not be good enough !!!! ive sent 13 months of joint utility bills from last jan to present but heres the kicker we applied in august 2012 !!!! I have said in a covering letter that I can send more if I need to dating back into 2011 should I send them more anyway or wait and see !!!!
I am not too sure... in general, I would say "wait and see" if the VO asks for more. BUt in the case of trying to prove common-law, you are required to establish that you were common-law BEFORE sending the application. So in your case, if you applied in August 2012, you are required that you have been common-law from August 2011 to August 2012.
But it depends on what they request on the letter. If they asked for proofs that you were common-law before you sent the application, then I would send more proofs to establish it.
If they have asked more proofs to confirm that you are still common-law (cohabitation is not interrupted, or whatever wording they may have used), then what you sent is enough, because you covered Jan 2012 to Feb 2013.

Also - don't panic, you have 60 days to provide them with documents, so even if you have to send them more (depending on what they asked in the original request), you still have more than enough time. It's a pain, because it costs money and it delays the file a bit, but it's OK. You're already in Canada, and as far as I remember, your current status in the army expires in September ( hope I'm not mixing 2 cases!), so you still have time to get your PR processed and ready before that.
Good luck,
Sweden

dannypee

Jan 29, 2013
This is what this is what they sent Sweden

Dear Mr

I refer to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional documents listed below. Please send clear legible photocopies rather than the original documents unless otherwise specified.

Further evidence of co-habitation for at least a 12 month period, such as joint mortgage/property deed/tenancy agreement or joint bank accounts

what does this say to you ?

regards Danny

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
dannypee said:
This is what this is what they sent Sweden

Dear Mr

I refer to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional documents listed below. Please send clear legible photocopies rather than the original documents unless otherwise specified.

Further evidence of co-habitation for at least a 12 month period, such as joint mortgage/property deed/tenancy agreement or joint bank accounts

what does this say to you ?

regards Danny
to me it seems that they are trying to establish that you had the 12 months of cohabitation before sending your application, as they can not establish it for sure with what was in your original application. So indeed - I think they are looking for proofs that you have lived at least 12 months together before submitting your application - August 2011 to August 2012. It's the pre-requisite to be able to apply common-law, and they are trying to establish if you fit into the criteria.

So - I think it's best to send more proofs. you can send them by post, and also scan everything, including an explanation letter with your references ( File number, UCI etc), and send it to London via a case-specific enquiry - it allows you to attach documents. Or answer to the email directly if you got the request by email.

Good luck!
Sweden

rpurdie

Nov 16, 2012
London, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2013
LANDED..........
30-07-2013
Stage 1 processing times have miraculously jumped down to 3 weeks! working on apps received 29th Jan 2013, so either they didnt get sent a lot in December & Jan or they have put the burners on!

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Well, just got the news through that we have stage 1 approval. 8) Could I be added to the London spread sheet please?

SaMoS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
Really strange that COPRs have ground to a halt...

Let the speculation begin!

S.

EDIT:

I believe space aliens have taken over CIC in London and at this very moment are feeding upon long lost application forms and proofs of relationships.

Listen...Can you hear that faint noise?....."yum yum yum yum yum yum yum"

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
Sniprat said:
Well, just got the news through that we have stage 1 approval. 8) Could I be added to the London spread sheet please?
What was the date for your Stage 1 approval - 6/2/2013?

SaMoS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
Would it be worth trying to open up the spreadsheet again on the assumption that our troll has moved on?

elmo11

Jan 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-12-2012
Med's Done....
29-08-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt!
Hey everyone,

Just had a a question. So, is it unprecedented to sent "extra" information when they haven't asked for it?

I REALLY don't want to have a "more documentation" request. I think I provided enough support for our relationship in the original application, tenancy contracts, letter from our old landlord etc. to prove our status, but I was just wondering if I should send some more information to sure things up.

Just to say, I have more to give if more is needed. I was thinking our some more chat logs and our ticket stubs, and passport stamps from our Christmas vacation, to just let them know "Yes, we still love each other, and we still talk and that."

Any thoughts?

elmo11 ^^

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
elmo11 said:
Hey everyone,

Just had a a question. So, is it unprecedented to sent "extra" information when they haven't asked for it?

I REALLY don't want to have a "more documentation" request. I think I provided enough support for our relationship in the original application, tenancy contracts, letter from our old landlord etc. to prove our status, but I was just wondering if I should send some more information to sure things up.

Just to say, I have more to give if more is needed. I was thinking our some more chat logs and our ticket stubs, and passport stamps from our Christmas vacation, to just let them know "Yes, we still love each other, and we still talk and that."

Any thoughts?

elmo11 ^^
Hi Elmo! That is certainly not without precedent. It certainly would not hurt to be pre-emptive. Every little bit helps!