+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
davidmarsden38 said:
Well, I know what I am doing this afternoon then! Thanks very much! :)
it's tricky because indeed the instructions say that you don't need a Police Certificate for Canada. From what I understood, they only ask for Police checks for Canada if it's a "common name" and there is a risk that several people have the same name in Canada, and so they want to make sure "who is who".... but well - it's difficult to know what is going on for sure... and it might save you some time and waiting.
Good luck to all who are waiting!
Sweden

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Hey guys,

Just a quick one regarding my lost passport. It's still lost! No word from the police since I filed the report, and the consular office in Toronto, as well as the High Commission in Ottawa were thoroughly uninterested. So, I've got my forms all filled out to apply for my new passport as well as the $250 American dollars. I didn't think it was possible for me to get any poorer! Life sucks huh? It'll be 6 weeks until I get my new passport. Hopefully my application doesn't get slowed down any further.

I hope that those of you who are with your partners are having a good valentines day! We're drinking wine, eating burgers and watching Terminator 2. Who said romance is dead?

No seriously, who said it? Because someone should tell them they were right.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
DGT said:
Hey guys,

Just a quick one regarding my lost passport. It's still lost! No word from the police since I filed the report, and the consular office in Toronto, as well as the High Commission in Ottawa were thoroughly uninterested. So, I've got my forms all filled out to apply for my new passport as well as the $250 American dollars. I didn't think it was possible for me to get any poorer! Life sucks huh? It'll be 6 weeks until I get my new passport. Hopefully my application doesn't get slowed down any further.

I hope that those of you who are with your partners are having a good valentines day! We're drinking wine, eating burgers and watching Terminator 2. Who said romance is dead?

Keep up the good spirit! :) wine sounds like a good way to end a day where you had to pay for a new passport!
Cheers!
Sweden

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
chopsticks said:
ughhh yes it is getting really frustrating now.
to make things harder the London office cant even reply to emails in a proper way. I don't know about you but with us they replied with one sentence 'We don't have any of the docs' that is literally all they said.
getting these police certificates takes so long too, it just keeps making this process longer!
Really hope things work out for the both of us ASAP!
I hear ya loud and clear!!! This was the last email we got from London:

You were advised on January 21st 2013 that the RCMP police check was not complete correctly. Please follow the instructions on the website below.

This is after we sent in the RCMP police clearance check as well as the c216c fingerprint form...very frustrating!! Good luck to both of us indeed

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
Sweden said:
it's tricky because indeed the instructions say that you don't need a Police Certificate for Canada. From what I understood, they only ask for Police checks for Canada if it's a "common name" and there is a risk that several people have the same name in Canada, and so they want to make sure "who is who".... but well - it's difficult to know what is going on for sure... and it might save you some time and waiting.
Good luck to all who are waiting!
Sweden
Definitely tricky!!! Police checks and fingerprint checks are 2 completely different forms, we learned this the hard way when we originally sent in the RCMP police check and then were told by London VO it wasnt the correct form...It just doesnt make any sense to me, when we have already sent in police checks from the RCMP why then we need to get fingerprints that have to be checked thru Ottawa, sent back to our mailing address that we then have to send to London??? Are they having a laugh??

debbie6986

Jul 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2012
AOR Received.
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
13-06-2012
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
visa ex
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 14th march 2013
LANDED..........
Already here
As quoted from:http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?view=d

"The 2013 International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative with the United Kingdom is open as of February 14th, 2013 at 17:00 (London time).

The 1st Round of the 2013 International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative with the United Kingdom has closed as of February 14th, 2013 at 20:15 (London time). For 2013 the quota of 5,350 will be open in 3 rounds of 1,000, 2,000 and 2,350. If the round closes before you have a chance to apply you can apply in the next round. Once you have successfully passed through the IEC application stage, you must apply to Citizenship and Immigration Canada through MyCIC for the second stage of the application process."

They have removed the 18 months rule which I know a lot of people got pulled up for, including myself.

I am tempted to apply as Im currently on a 12 month visitor visa. pr application was sent off in august, stage one approval and not heard anything else so far.
Is it worth it?

Lets hope our pr applications start moving now. :D

Woffles

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Hmm, it's tempting to try and apply for this during the next round. Can't believe the first quota went so fast. Crazy. Need to try and figure out if it's worth applying for this, I guess technically by the time the next round opens up and then the 8 weeks processing or whatever it is, PR could have come through, and then I'll have taken a spot from someone else who wants to do a working holiday. Shame that they had that RIDICULOUS 18 month rule in the first place, it's been sad watching my savings getting eaten up by not being able to work.

Ugh, what to do, what to do.

Uk2Can

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/08/2012
File Transfer...
19/10/2012
Med's Done....
15/04/2012
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
What does all that mean?

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
DGT said:
Hey guys,

That doesn't sound like a bad Valentine's Day activity to me :)! We just went for a meal out - I had maple glazed salmon. Mmmmm...

Being down $250 sucks. What odds do you want to put on your old passport turning up around the same time you get your new one?

mickmerf1

Jan 3, 2013
Hi folks just checked ecas and this message is attached to the bottom of the page,
"Note" some users may experience difficulties authenticating we are working on a resolution.
Anyone else had this message .

SaMoS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
mickmerf1 said:
Hi folks just checked ecas and this message is attached to the bottom of the page,
"Note" some users may experience difficulties authenticating we are working on a resolution.
Anyone else had this message .
Yeah. I guess it's progress that they've actually said something about the issue...now maybe they'll look at fixing it.

rpurdie

Nov 16, 2012
London, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2013
LANDED..........
30-07-2013
Woffles said:
Hmm, it's tempting to try and apply for this during the next round. Can't believe the first quota went so fast. Crazy. Need to try and figure out if it's worth applying for this, I guess technically by the time the next round opens up and then the 8 weeks processing or whatever it is, PR could have come through, and then I'll have taken a spot from someone else who wants to do a working holiday. Shame that they had that RIDICULOUS 18 month rule in the first place, it's been sad watching my savings getting eaten up by not being able to work.

what was the 18 month rule before?

Round 2 opens on 25th February - doesnt give a time.

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Korma said:
That doesn't sound like a bad Valentine's Day activity to me :)! We just went for a meal out - I had maple glazed salmon. Mmmmm...

Being down $250 sucks. What odds do you want to put on your old passport turning up around the same time you get your new one?
Oh I have no doubt that will happen! Sod's law! On a positive note, I had a job interview today which went great. Good pay, great place. Just need my PR come the beginning of May! Fingers crossed.

P.S You can't knock a wee bit o' Salmon.

msmith1789

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21st 2013
AOR Received.
March 7th 2013
File Transfer...
March 26th 2013
Med's Request
Sent with initial application
Med's Done....
Dec 4th 2012
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
August 19th 2013
LANDED..........
September 27th 2013
Woffles said:

My girlfriend and I are looking at sending our application for common law off either tomorrow or monday, and she is currently here in Canada on her second IEC visa. I have been checking the IEC website daily, and was shocked when they became released yesterday. I was at work and my girlfriend was not answering her phone, I took an extra hour for lunch and drove home, validated the documents and there were none left, we had everything done by 8:35 and there were none left, we were literally 20 minutes late. - and the most ironic thing is, being the terrible boyfriend that I am, I stopped off for a valentines card on the way home! - if only I hadn't have got her a card, we could have had a visa. :p

Her current one runs out on May 3rd, so this batch of IEC visas have come at the perfect time for us! - especially with them dropping to requirement to have lived in UK for 18 months of the last 3 years.

Hopefully on the 25th, we can just submit the documents and get the WTN #. and pay the fee and continue through MyCIC account! - so double applications for us this month! - :eek:

Swedish citizen

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
In Canada on visitor visa
Hi guys,

Just wanted to tell you that I´ve been out of Canada twice last month without any problems at the border. First time by car to Portland, we came back via Peace Arch, the officer hardly asked any questions directly to me. I don´t even remember what he asked.

Then I came back via YVR from a 10 days trip to Sweden a couple of days ago. I was pretty nervous since I´ve been in and out of Canada 5 times now during my application process.
First he asked what my purpose with my stay was and then when I had been in Canada last time. I answered 10 days ago but he wanted the exact date, I had to pull out my IPhone to check, too nervous to try to remember the exact date!
Then he asked me how long me and my boyfriend been together and told him that + that we have a sponsorship application in progress. Don´t know if that´s a good thing to say, it just popped out of my mouth.
At last he asked me if I currently working and I answered no, I don´t have a work visa yet. So stupid of me, but again, so nervous! He obviously meant if I was working in Sweden. I said no and started to explain that we had decided together that I should quit my job to be able to visit Canada often. The officer interrupted me in the middle of that and said thank you and stamped my passport.

He probably thought that I was a little stupid, thinking about my answers above, but obviously not too stupid to let me in to visit my boyfriend, LOL.

Today is one of those days I would do anything to have a job, just to get that Friday feeling when you can´t wait to be off for the weekend... Well, the sun is shining in Vancouver, for a change. Happy Friday!