+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Uk2Can

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/08/2012
File Transfer...
19/10/2012
Med's Done....
15/04/2012
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
herewecome said:
Did you get the medical email randomly or did you enquire with them your status?
I enquired about the status of our application and thats what they sent me back.

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
Uk2Can said:
I enquired about the status of our application and thats what they sent me back.
Thanks. Hope you hear soon :)

Littlemiss

Mar 5, 2012
Hi,

I am British and my fiancée is Canadian and we have been together for over year, we met when I was on holiday in Canada. Since then we have flown all around the world to meet up and spend time together. I even gave up my job to spend 4 months living with him in Canada, I have come back to the UK again to start work for a while.

I am going back to Canada to visit him again in a few months and we are going to get married there. My 3 questions are as below:

1- Once we are married how long does it take for him to sponsor me if I apply in London?
2- While my application is going through am I allowed to visit him in Canada?
2 - Is the fact we have not lived together for longer than 4 months a problem ( we can prove our relationship is over a year) We are have lots of evidence of our relationship through all our trips together, $1000's worth phone bills, emails, facebook etc.

Thanks,

SaMoS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
Littlemiss said:
Hi,

I am British and my fiancée is Canadian and we have been together for over year, we met when I was on holiday in Canada. Since then we have flown all around the world to meet up and spend time together. I even gave up my job to spend 4 months living with him in Canada, I have come back to the UK again to start work for a while.

I am going back to Canada to visit him again in a few months and we are going to get married there. My 3 questions are as below:

1- Once we are married how long does it take for him to sponsor me if I apply in London?
2- While my application is going through am I allowed to visit him in Canada?
2 - Is the fact we have not lived together for longer than 4 months a problem ( we can prove our relationship is over a year) We are have lots of evidence of our relationship through all our trips together, $1000's worth phone bills, emails, facebook etc.

Thanks,
1) Approx 8 months at the current rate
2) Yes. For 6 months and then you can renew your visitor record when in Canada.
2!) As long as you're married when you apply and can send lots of proof of an ongoing relationship then it shouldn't be a problem

Hope that helps...I'm sure others will give a more detailed answer (someone always does...I'm looking at you Sweden!)

S.

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
dannypee said:
Hey Sweden

So you think they are being strict !! must admit im a little worried
Don't worry! Your relationship is genuine. You will be fine. :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
dannypee said:
Hey Sweden

So you think they are being strict !! must admit im a little worried
It's difficult to know, without having seen what you sent already, and your whole case... but now you have sent extra proofs, you'll be fine! if they have more doubts, they will ask you for an interview - not ideal in your situation as you are already in Canada, but feasible. However, I'd be surprised if they did that - very few people get asked for an interview from visa-exempt countries.
Good luck - it should all be over soon!
Sweden

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
dannypee said:
if they do ask for an interview will I be able to organise one near were I live in Canada ?
You would have to attend the interview in the country that it's being processed in. But please don't worry! It is EXTREMELY unlikely that it will turn out that way. It's the absolute worst case scenario for you to have to attend an interview! I know saying "not to worry" is utterly futile advice but just try and put it all out of your mind. The time will fly by then!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
SaMoS said:
1) Approx 8 months at the current rate
2) Yes. For 6 months and then you can renew your visitor record when in Canada.
2!) As long as you're married when you apply and can send lots of proof of an ongoing relationship then it shouldn't be a problem

Hope that helps...I'm sure others will give a more detailed answer (someone always does...I'm looking at you Sweden!)

S.
Thanks :) but it seems that your answer is detailed enough!
Just keep one thing in mind : you send the application to Mississauga, who then sends it to London. Total processing time can vary quite a lot but I would say 8 months is a reasonable option
2- yes indeed - but you can not "move" there, or work during your visit. As long as you stay as a visitor, you'll be fine. You can also "visit for a long time" without trouble, as long as you are careful with what you say at the border etc - but UK applicants are usually not given a hard time.

GOod luck with putting everything together - if you get familiar with the paperwork already now, you'll know what type of proofs to get, and you can start filing out the forms, and send everything once you have the marriage certificate.
Sweden

m_and_m

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2013
LANDED..........
04-06-2013
Hello everyone!
I have a question for those of you who are in Canada waiting for your PR. What did you say at the border? Did you say you're visiting your spouse/partner? For how long (if you were planning on staying for 6 months or maybe even more with the extension)? I think the customs form asks how many days you're staying in Canada. What did you put there? Did you have a return ticket? Did everything go well?

I am, as you might guess, thinking about the possibility of visiting my husband during the process. I've read a lot about this and I know no one can know for sure if they'd let me enter or not. If I try to go there for a longer period I would not have a job or a lease, so I don't know if they'd believe me that I would not do anything illegal and that I'd leave when I have to. If we decide to try this my husband would probably be there with me. (I am from a visa exempt country.)

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Hi
Just want to ask, anybody in this forum is waiting more than a year? I am still waiting from VO for an answer is its now a little more than a year now and still nothing. ECAS is not working for me also (7 days now.) :(
Oh I think interview is exempted.

sarah2012

Jan 3, 2012
qtazngal said:
Hi
Just want to ask, anybody in this forum is waiting more than a year? I am still waiting from VO for an answer is its now a little more than a year now and still nothing. ECAS is not working for me also (7 days now.) :(
Oh I think interview is exempted.
I think we might have a few who are around one year waiting. I was waiting 11 months. I logged into e-cas today and had no problems with it - I've got decision made and have received COPR two weeks ago. If I were you, I would email them again because over one year is too long to wait; unless you had to send in further documents and the medicals had to be extended. Even so, it is a long time. Anyway, hope you hear something soon! Good luck :)

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
qtzngal - a year is a very very long time and judging by the spreadsheet (which is the only sample we have) super rare for a visa-exempt application - are you non-visa exempt?

EDIT: Also your sponsor approval took a very long time, was there problems with it?

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
m_and_m said:
Hello everyone!
I have a question for those of you who are in Canada waiting for your PR. What did you say at the border? Did you say you're visiting your spouse/partner? For how long (if you were planning on staying for 6 months or maybe even more with the extension)? I think the customs form asks how many days you're staying in Canada. What did you put there? Did you have a return ticket? Did everything go well?

I am, as you might guess, thinking about the possibility of visiting my husband during the process. I've read a lot about this and I know no one can know for sure if they'd let me enter or not. If I try to go there for a longer period I would not have a job or a lease, so I don't know if they'd believe me that I would not do anything illegal and that I'd leave when I have to. If we decide to try this my husband would probably be there with me. (I am from a visa exempt country.)
Hey there!

We got a really unpleasant CBSA officer with us at Pearson, but we still didn't really have any problems. I think she was mainly unpleasant because we had to do a lot of paperwork (our B4's as well as having them inspect our kitty cat that we brought with us!). I just brought the receipt for my application, as well as my return ticket and said that I was there to visit and help get my wife settled. I also had my latest bank statement but they didn't require that either. I would strongly recommend getting a return ticket if you can, and on your landing card fill out the time in length of days until that flight. Ultimately, if you're visa exempt and have a return ticket it's very unlikely they'll turn you away.