+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
Yeh based on what I've seen elsewhere that's as good as them saying 'Decision Made - we just need to check it's ok to extend your medical results instead of making you take another one...'

Out of interest, have you lived abroad at all or travelled much? Jan 24th 'in progress' to a (pretty much) decision is quick!

dannypee

Jan 29, 2013
so i have got 13 months of utility bills in joint name and sent them straight back today after i recieved the email for proof of co habitation will this be ok ? i also sent bank statments over the same period showing payments into my partners account on the 1st of every month to cover my half of the morgage and bills!! when we applied i am on her t4 aswell why didnt this count ?they already have my will photos ect ect im not sure what else i can do has anyone else been through this .this is all after an email saying thay can extend my medical !!!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
dannypee said:
so i have got 13 months of utility bills in joint name and sent them straight back today after i recieved the email for proof of co habitation will this be ok ? i also sent bank statments over the same period showing payments into my partners account on the 1st of every month to cover my half of the morgage and bills!! when we applied i am on her t4 aswell why didnt this count ?they already have my will photos ect ect im not sure what else i can do has anyone else been through this .this is all after an email saying thay can extend my medical !!!
Don't panic! it's probably OK. But because you are common law, they have to establish for sure that you have lived together for at least 12 months. As you didn't have a rent agreement with both names, they need other proofs. The fact that they have decided to extend your medicals is also a sign that they don't have much doubts - they are just finalising and probably "checking boxes" - so they want the extra proofs. Now you've sent everything, and most likely they'll answer soon by issuing the PR, once they get the medicals extended... so sit back and relax!
Sweden

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
random_emotions said:
I received an email this morning saying this:

Hello,

We have submitted a request to our medical section for an extension of his medical results validity.

Your file is in the final stages and should be finalized shortly.

Sincerely,

ARS

has anyone had a medical extension and how long did it take usually to approval. I am getting very bored of waiting, I want to work and get my life rolling.
Thats excellent news and gives me hope that they are actually working on our applications and getting somewhere. You are just above me on the SS so hopefully we'll be done soon ;D

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Just an off topic light hearted post -

If anyone is in the UK and would like to send their Valentine a gift, the following companies will take a uk registered bank card and deliver in Canada...

Sears, Walmart Photocentre (if you would like to create a personal collage or wall art), Serenta (flowers) Interflora (flowers) Amazon.ca. Debenhams in the UK will also deliver internationally, although would be a bit late for Valentines. There are more but this is just a few..

If you are doing the opposite direction there is Amazon.co.uk, you could try Dorothy Perkins as I know they now deliver internationally, Serenta (flowers) Interflora (flowers)....

homeagain

Oct 10, 2012
I would just like to say thank you so much to those who responded so quickly and with such clear concise answers. I am so glad I logged on. Good luck all. You are very helpful. Will keep you posted. :)

May 17, 2012
michty6 said:
Yeh based on what I've seen elsewhere that's as good as them saying 'Decision Made - we just need to check it's ok to extend your medical results instead of making you take another one...'

Out of interest, have you lived abroad at all or travelled much? Jan 24th 'in progress' to a (pretty much) decision is quick!
Before the UK I haven't lived abroad, I took short vacations out of England for no more then a week or two at a time. I landed in Canada on Jan 2nd 2013 with hopes I would get permanent residence shortly after, based on looking at the average process time on this forum. My medicals were taken in Feb last year and there was some delays with the first stage which is why I did them so early on.

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
scottishmaple said:

If anyone is in the UK and would like to send their Valentine a gift, the following companies will take a uk registered bank card and deliver in Canada...

Sears, Walmart Photocentre (if you would like to create a personal collage or wall art), Serenta (flowers) Interflora (flowers) Amazon.ca. Debenhams in the UK will also deliver internationally, although would be a bit late for Valentines. There are more but this is just a few..

If you are doing the opposite direction there is Amazon.co.uk, you could try Dorothy Perkins as I know they now deliver internationally, Serenta (flowers) Interflora (flowers)....
That's super nice :)

antz21

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-13
LANDED..........
02-04-13
scottishmaple said:

Great share scottishmaple!!! I just sent my hubby his gift... It will probably turn up about 3 days late :D We never actually celebrate valentine's day on the 14th so it's quite fitting if it arrives late!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Bah and humbug to Valentines day!

Hehe. This will actually be the first Valentines day I've not been working since I was 16! Nonetheless I'm ignoring it. My wife is making heart shaped grapefruit cookies though. :D So that should be nice! Im such an unromantic person.

homeagain

Oct 10, 2012
HI Again,

Just a quick question. How many photos in total including medical and police cert do I need to send along ? is it 8 total?

Thanks,
T. :)

FK22

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 29 2012
File Transfer...
June 21, 2012
Interview........
Jan 17 2013
Passport Req..
soon IA :)
VISA ISSUED...
sooooooon IA :)
LANDED..........
sooon IA :)
hey!!! sorry ive been out of touch with the group for a while been really busy lately. My husband had his interview on Jan 17, 2013. Now we are just waiting again....

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
I realised a sad fact today: I can practically log into my ECAS blindfolded. I know my UCI off by heart, I know how to quickly enter my date of birth (roughly how many seconds it takes to get to my year of birth) and to get to 'Scotland' as my country of birth I know to press S and hit down 5 times.

Sigh.

nmford

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
Landed a long time ago without residency!
Does anyone know how long the COPRs take to get from London to North America?

They sent mine on the 17th, still haven't got it