+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
London has definitely ground to a halt this week it seems.
If they don't pick up soon ill cry! At my wits end. I'm not very fun to be around at the moment, it's like there's a dark cloud hanging over me.
I just wish London would keep some kind of momentum going. I think we all got our hopes up a couple weeks ago when DMs were flying in..fingers crossed. Apologies for the doom and gloom!

elmo11

Jan 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-12-2012
Med's Done....
29-08-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt!
sfeire said:
If they don't pick up soon ill cry! At my wits end. I'm not very fun to be around at the moment, it's like there's a dark cloud hanging over me.
I just wish London would keep some kind of momentum going. I think we all got our hopes up a couple weeks ago when DMs were flying in..fingers crossed. Apologies for the doom and gloom!
Hey sfeire, it would be hypocritical of me to say something like "try not to worry about it", because I worry about it every day. Even though I know we've got so much longer to go. I can't even imagine what I'll be like once we've been waiting for as long as you have. If there's anything I can say, it's that you've already waited for so long, and it really could be ANY day now, and that's just gonna be the best day. Not many like it in life afterwards I'm sure.

Plus, this is why the forums here! To rant and worry and support each other. Take care of you and yours.

Here's to London getting back to work!

elmo11 ^^

May 17, 2012
I am getting impatient as well, I have landed in Canada on Jan 2nd and was hoping to hear soon after, (based on the spreadsheet average processing time). I sent an enquiry to update my address and ask about the status. On January 9th I recieved this email:

Good morning,

Thank you for the information. This application is currently awaiting a full review. The review is expected to be completed shortly. We will be in contact as soon as as there have been further developments with the processing of the file.

Regards,
CDD

Still haven't had any good news, I just want to start working and get my life together :(

SaMoS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
random_emotions said:
I am getting impatient as well, I have landed in Canada on Jan 2nd and was hoping to hear soon after, (based on the spreadsheet average processing time). I sent an enquiry to update my address and ask about the status. On January 9th I recieved this email:

Good morning,

Thank you for the information. This application is currently awaiting a full review. The review is expected to be completed shortly. We will be in contact as soon as as there have been further developments with the processing of the file.

Regards,
CDD

Still haven't had any good news, I just want to start working and get my life together :(
That's a standard email I'm afraid. I got one like that with nearly the exact same wording... :(

S.

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
random_emotions said:

Good morning,

Regards,
CDD

I hear you! We are right beside each other on the SS. I was expecting to hear before now, well I had hoped.
We're next and it can't be too far away (so I keep telling myself)!

elmo11 said:
Hey sfeire, it would be hypocritical of me to say something like "try not to worry about it", because I worry about it every day. Even though I know we've got so much longer to go. I can't even imagine what I'll be like once we've been waiting for as long as you have. If there's anything I can say, it's that you've already waited for so long, and it really could be ANY day now, and that's just gonna be the best day. Not many like it in life afterwards I'm sure.

Plus, this is why the forums here! To rant and worry and support each other. Take care of you and yours.

Here's to London getting back to work!

elmo11 ^^
Thanks for your kind word Elmo11! I definitely think it will be a day I never forget! It's hard when you feel you are so close. Time does go by quickly though when I look back and I hope you're not waiting as long as me!
It's so hard too as I have at least 3/4 people asking me daily have I heard anything!
This forum has been a God send! Without it I wouldn't know where I was at or have any idea of timelines, plus the support is amazing. Thanks to everyone :)
Thanks again elmo11
S

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
sfeire said:
It will be the snow... everything in the country has ground to a halt in the last few weeks, and government workers seem to be the easiest to put off weighing in at work.

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Dawlphin_17 said:
Ok so now I'm really confused...just received a email asking for 'fully completed travel history - IMM5562 form found on page 6 of the following link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3901e.pdf.

But then right on the checklist included in the link it says 'persons submitting their application to the Canadian visa office in Paris must complete the attached IMM 5562 form Supplementary Information-Your TravelsTravels...which is why we didn't include it..as we are not applying through Paris!? Did everyone else include this and I just misunderstood this (one of many) confusing forms??.......well on the bright side, at least they have opened my our file..
You will have to let me know how this turns out. Perhaps the visa officer has messed up in your case. I hope I don't get this as I travel at least 4 or 5 times a year.... 10 years of trying to remember all that would not be fun.

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sniprat said:
It will be the snow... everything in the country has ground to a halt in the last few weeks, and government workers seem to be the easiest to put off weighing in at work.
That's a good point! I never thought of that!

sarah2012

Jan 3, 2012
I'm worried about receiving my COPR.
On January 10th I received this by email:
We have submitted a request to our medical section to have the expiry date of your med results extended (they expire a year after the examination date). We expect to hear back from them within the next 2 weeks.
Then on Jan 14th e-cas changed to 'Decision Made'.
I presumed my COPR would be sent to me soon, but alas no sign of it yet. I live in Ireland and it does not take so long to get here. It's not at my old Canadian address either. I can't quite figure out whether it has been sent out yet or whether they're still waiting on the medical extension and that it won't be sent out for a while yet. Any ideas anyone?

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sarah2012 said:
I'm worried about receiving my COPR.
On January 10th I received this by email:
We have submitted a request to our medical section to have the expiry date of your med results extended (they expire a year after the examination date). We expect to hear back from them within the next 2 weeks.
Then on Jan 14th e-cas changed to 'Decision Made'.
I presumed my COPR would be sent to me soon, but alas no sign of it yet. I live in Ireland and it does not take so long to get here. It's not at my old Canadian address either. I can't quite figure out whether it has been sent out yet or whether they're still waiting on the medical extension and that it won't be sent out for a while yet. Any ideas anyone?
I would think that they are still waiting to hear or have just heard in the past few days and are sending it out now. As they said, they were expecting to hear in the past 2 weeks. And you've heard nothing since so I would think that's good! If it changed to DM Jan 14th it could still take them a few days to get it posted out to you. I think you'll get it soon!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
sfeire said:
I would think that they are still waiting to hear or have just heard in the past few days and are sending it out now. As they said, they were expecting to hear in the past 2 weeks. And you've heard nothing since so I would think that's good! If it changed to DM Jan 14th it could still take them a few days to get it posted out to you. I think you'll get it soon!
I agree - most likely it turned into "DM" because they are done with your case, and as soon as they receive the notice of medical extension they will mail it out to you, maybe that's why it's taking a little longer. Hopefully you'll get it in a few days!
Hang in there a little longer!
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
sarah2012 said:
and For some reason, I'm far more impatient now than I've ever been. Haha, well here's back to waiting and stalking!
I know the feeling - it was the same for me! I knew that the decision was positive and was not worried but I just wanted to get the paper now!!! so it's a very normal thing - it feels like it's finally over when you can see the paper - especially when the landing part is so easy...
Sweden

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Hi guys
I seem to be having problems logging in to ecas, any of you guys have the same problem?

mickmerf1

Jan 3, 2013
Qtazngal, Pc tells me its a dodgey site when i try to access it but i just ignore the warning and eventually i gain access.
Never used to be like that though.