+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Lisdoon

Jul 20, 2012
Hi

Just logged into my Application Status and good news

We received your application for permanent residence on June 1, 2012.

We started processing your application on January 8, 2013.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Hopefully should get something in the post in next week or two. :D

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
Lisdoon said:
Hi

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

That is brilliant! Wow, London have really started back with a bang this week. Congratulations!! :)

Mine is close.. more and more above me are starting to turn red.. YAY!!

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Becca_star said:
Very excited! COPR arrived in the post this morning - happy days!! :) Thanks for all your support and advice offered over the past 8 months. It's definitely helped me keep some level of sanity in my life! LOL

Good luck to everyone still waiting - I hope this level off good news keeps coming out of the London office. Seems they are on a roll!
Congrats

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Wow another one! Great news, guys. Congrats :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Lisdoon said:
Hi

Congrats, that's great! and if you're not too far away ( living in the UK) it can take as little as 2 or 3 days to get the COPR in the mail!

Good to see that London is waking up!
Sweden

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
Having a very 'down' day today in terms of this whole bloody application.

London contacted us on November 29, asking for more doc's to "finish processing our application" which they received on Dec 3. Not a word since so i e-mailed them yesterday and got an e-mail back this morning saying "we received your documents, your file is awaiting review". Wish i'd never of asked now!

As happy as i am for everyone else, it really gets you down when you hear loads of people after you receiving their COPR, and even more so when they were asked for additional documents and still get completed before you. We have a very straight forward case, i can't understand why they don't just pick it up and finish the bloody thing.

Rant over, sorry about that ;D Just one of those days where its more frustrating that usual.

Congratulations to everyone that got decision made recently, hopefully London is working fast and will see to all of our applications ASAP!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
hey LaurenHannah,

I was looking at the spreadsheet and was thinking about you, as your turn is long overdue now! you, and a few others of visa-exempt cases that seem to be delayed for "no good reason" ( not saying that non-visa-exempt applicants should wait more, but it's a fact that background checks are taking longer, so it's hard to "compare" the two types of cases).... So I hope that next week you'll get a decision made, and can move on with the whole application - from my experience, the decision comes when you think that you can't take it anymore - which seems to be where you're at now.... so I hope that next week brings good news to you ( and a few others that have been waiting for a while now!)
Maybe you sending an email made them realized that it was time to finish your file and that nothing was missing, and they'll start with it Monday morning! (wishful thinking, I know, but it has worked for others, so why not!).
Hope you can enjoy the week end and not think too much about the application and how frustrating it is.
Good luck, and have a nice week end,
Sweden

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Congrats to everyone who has gotten approval, so nice to see the spreadsheet getting redder! Looks like London are speeding through applications now, just wish they could have had this motivation before the holidays too.

Also, someone changed my username to a bunch of random letters on the spreadsheet, so just a reminder to be a bit more careful and only edit your own details on the spreadsheet please.

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
Sweden said:
hey LaurenHannah,

I was looking at the spreadsheet and was thinking about you, as your turn is long overdue now! you, and a few others of visa-exempt cases that seem to be delayed for "no good reason" ( not saying that non-visa-exempt applicants should wait more, but it's a fact that background checks are taking longer, so it's hard to "compare" the two types of cases).... So I hope that next week you'll get a decision made, and can move on with the whole application - from my experience, the decision comes when you think that you can't take it anymore - which seems to be where you're at now.... so I hope that next week brings good news to you ( and a few others that have been waiting for a while now!)
Maybe you sending an email made them realized that it was time to finish your file and that nothing was missing, and they'll start with it Monday morning! (wishful thinking, I know, but it has worked for others, so why not!).
Hope you can enjoy the week end and not think too much about the application and how frustrating it is.
Good luck, and have a nice week end,
Sweden
Hi Sweden,

thanks for that, cheered me up a bit :D

I really hope that's true, cause we've just about reached wits end now. After i calmed down from reading the e-mail i thought that too, maybe i've brought it to their attention...probably not!! But we can hope :)

I hope you're enjoying your new life in Canada, thanks again for the kind words!

Have a great weekend :)

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Sweden said:
If you feel comfortable doing it, you can add yourself as the s/s is open for all to edit. Link is in my signature. Just put yourself by order of sponsorship approval, and the color on your user name is by month sent to Mississauga.
Alternatively, if you're not comfortable with s/s, just let me know and I'll add you, no problem.
Sweden
Hi Sweden

I am a London outland applicant. Please can you add me on your spreadsheet. Unfortunately, I am not comfortable adding the details myself (I might mess it up by accident). Anyway details on the side. Also no second AOR from London, second part of the applications is being process Dec 17, 2012.

Looking at your spreadsheet, Ithink I am the only early feb 2012 applicant is still waiting.

Thanks Sweden

GalloQuebecois

Apr 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
20-05-2012
Sweden said:
hey LaurenHannah,

- from my experience, the decision comes when you think that you can't take it anymore - which seems to be where you're at now....
That's exactly how I feel - can't wait any more! Hope it's a good omen Sweden and hope the office continues with this momentum....

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
qtazngal said:
Hi Sweden

I am a London outland applicant. Please can you add me on your spreadsheet. Unfortunately, I am not comfortable adding the details myself (I might mess it up by accident). Anyway details on the side. Also no second AOR from London, second part of the applications is being process Dec 17, 2012.

Looking at your spreadsheet, Ithink I am the only early feb 2012 applicant is still waiting.

Thanks Sweden
Hey and welcome! I have added you to the spreadsheet. your first stage approval was really long - 200 days! that's unusual.... you're in row71, and if London works by date received, you're on the same timeline as GalloQuebecois on the spreadsheet, so hopefully both of you will hear really soon.
Now that your line is created, if you want to add the details (married etc), feel free, as it's rather easy to update.
Good luck, hope they work and finish your file really soon - by the look of it, if they haven't asked you for a new medicals, they have probably extended yours as they have expired... so it might mean that it's the only thing preventing them from issuing the visa, hopefully the extension comes in quickly!
Sweden

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Sweden said:
Hey and welcome! I have added you to the spreadsheet. your first stage approval was really long - 200 days! that's unusual.... you're in row71, and if London works by date received, you're on the same timeline as GalloQuebecois on the spreadsheet, so hopefully both of you will hear really soon.
Now that your line is created, if you want to add the details (married etc), feel free, as it's rather easy to update.
Good luck, hope they work and finish your file really soon - by the look of it, if they haven't asked you for a new medicals, they have probably extended yours as they have expired... so it might mean that it's the only thing preventing them from issuing the visa, hopefully the extension comes in quickly!
Sweden
Hi Sweden

Many thanks and I will add a few more info.
Yes took too long for the first stage dont know why maybe because I put on the application that we rather move to Canada July or August for my kids sake so they can start school fresh in Toronto. No they haven't ask me for my husband's medical it say on the ECAS that medical received. I wont be surprise that the second stage will also take long.

Thanks again Sweden

Lisdoon

Jul 20, 2012
Sweden said:
Congrats, that's great! and if you're not too far away ( living in the UK) it can take as little as 2 or 3 days to get the COPR in the mail!

Good to see that London is waking up!
Sweden
Thanks Sweden! I live in Ireland so hopefully it will not take too long

johare12

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/05/2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
21/08/2012
Med's Done....
01/04/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/12/2012
LANDED..........
10/01/2013
So we landed as Sweden you were right it was painless and a little disappointing haha, never asked for the b4 or anything so pretty simple

Got my SIN number sorted (slightly painful as two of the staff assured me I was not able to get it with the 2nd part of my COPR as it was not the original... but eventually another member of staff got involved and told me it was all good, and the other 2 began apologizing and claiming they were new members of staff.)

Now we are searching for a place to stay and are hoping to move to downtown Toronto (or at least Richmond Hill, Vaughn, Markham)

But as we aren't too familiar in the area I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me what areas to avoid or to recommend nice areas downtown that are still affordable! :)