+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Swedish citizen

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
In Canada on visitor visa
Hello London applicants,

Just received the first approval, they are sure working fast right now! I'm so happy!

Can't update the London spreadsheet though.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Swedish citizen said:
Hello London applicants,

Just received the first approval, they are sure working fast right now! I'm so happy!

Congrats Swedish citizen,

Really happy for you but the question that will be on everybody's lips is, what the hell happened in the first 6 months of the year when it was almost 100 days? I do believe it should be a quick first stage process and about 30 days seems reasonable, great you got done in way under that.

Another question that a lot will want to know is, will all the uber fast 1st stage processing bottle neck the VO up and create huge waiting times for those who get super quick 1st stage approval. Looking at the spreadsheet, it takes roughly give or take, 2 months to finalise 1 months worth of approvals. If that speed carries on, it could take a great deal of time to get to December applicants. I hope I am wrong though. :D

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
sfeire said:
I think I am going to drive myself crazy over the next couple of weeks checking ecas.
Looking at the spreadsheet, it could be anytime now. We are on 173 days total processing time, it's been over 3 months since app was sent to London and I am visa exempt. I'm not worried about an incomplete package as we had a lawyer complete ours and if anything, we added more than necessary!
I hope that a lot of us get the best Christmas present ever this year! The waiting is just a killer!
Ecas is addicting, and it's difficult to stay away from it, especially the last few weeks. Hope you hear really soon, but it looks like it's a bit early - seems that London is working on file still received in July, and yours was end of August... so even if I hope for you that it comes soon, it might be another 2 to 3 weeks at least... plus Christmas holidays in the middle.
Good luck!
bonitanita said:
ECAS UPDATE:

In process!!!!! :D
Yes! that's great to hear, it seems that they are catching up on your file and fingers crossed you'll have the PR completed for New year, or even Christmas!

nmford said:
Coming up on 6 months since sponsorship approval soon... blech
It starts to be really long for you. I think once your file has been there for 6 months you can "officially" send a request to know what is going on with your file. Did you order your GCSM notes? it takes a month to get them so hopefully you'll be done by then, but might be worth it...

kaede1977 said:
Hey everyone, congrats to all those people who recently recieved COPR!!! Great news and just in time for the holiday season...as for us, we are just tying up some loose ends and clearing out the apartment and will be flying into Vancouver this wed (return booked just in case), we have decided to wait out the rest of the process in Canada!!! Were hoping to hear good news soon but atleast in the mean time, we can set up apts, jobs, furniture and def hear something back before my husbands meds expire in feb!! Fingers crossed, will keep ya posted :D
Good luck! and welcome to the West Coast... :)

Picturesque said:
Is CPP Ottawa sharing the load with London Office as well?
No, I don't think so, all the COPR seem to come from London VO, and not from Ottawa.

Swedish citizen said:
Hello London applicants,

Grattis! :) and welcome to stage 2... I've updated the spreadsheet for you, not sure why you didn't have access...

Sweden

Swedish citizen

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
In Canada on visitor visa
R151NG5UN said:
Congrats Swedish citizen,

Really happy for you but the question that will be on everybody's lips is, what the hell happened in the first 6 months of the year when it was almost 100 days? I do believe it should be a quick first stage process and about 30 days seems reasonable, great you got done in way under that.

Another question that a lot will want to know is, will all the uber fast 1st stage processing bottle neck the VO up and create huge waiting times for those who get super quick 1st stage approval. Looking at the spreadsheet, it takes roughly give or take, 2 months to finalise 1 months worth of approvals. If that speed carries on, it could take a great deal of time to get to December applicants. I hope I am wrong though. :D
Thanks! I'm so happy that I've passed the first step of my application. I'm still in chock, Monday to Monday!

But I do agree with you, it's weird that it can be that big difference from the first part of the year. Guess they need to get a shorter average processing time before this year has come to an end!?

I also hope you're wrong, but I have a feeling that it'll take some time for the second stage now...

rpurdie

Nov 16, 2012
London, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2013
LANDED..........
30-07-2013
Can anyone recommend a good Finance 101 site/link for people moving to Canada (Ontario)

I'd like to learn about income tax rates, what RSPs are, if there is stamp duty or council tax to be paid etc..

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
scottishmaple said:
I've sent another email to CIC london asking them if they have received our medicals and also if they can send me an update on my status. The likely hood of me getting a reply with a proper answer is slim, however it is coming up to Christmas and miracles can happen, right?! LOL
So I got a reply back today from CIC...

Good afternoon,

The medical results have been received and are under review.

Your application is currently awaiting a full review in London. We will be in contact when there have been further developments with the processing of your file.

Regards,
CDD

I am pleased that they have comfirmed that they have our medicals as I was worried about my daughters medical going mising. However I am a little dissapointed that they havent even started my application in London... oh well its looking like the full 9 months for us I think :(

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
scottishmaple said:
So I got a reply back today from CIC...

Good afternoon,

The medical results have been received and are under review.

Your application is currently awaiting a full review in London. We will be in contact when there have been further developments with the processing of your file.

Regards,
CDD

I am pleased that they have comfirmed that they have our medicals as I was worried about my daughters medical going mising. However I am a little dissapointed that they havent even started my application in London... oh well its looking like the full 9 months for us I think :(
This is very common and considering you got your sponsorship approval in September, you unfortunately do have some time yet. They've only just began on beginning of August sponsor approvals. Your time will come :D Just be thankful you weren't an April/May applicant who had to wait months for Sponsorship approval.. you got yours fairly fast!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Laurenhannah said:
This is very common and considering you got your sponsorship approval in September, you unfortunately do have some time yet. They've only just began on beginning of August sponsor approvals. Your time will come :D Just be thankful you weren't an April/May applicant who had to wait months for Sponsorship approval.. you got yours fairly fast!
So do you thik they are working on applications by sponsorship approval and not application received?

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
scottishmaple said:
So do you thik they are working on applications by sponsorship approval and not application received?
Who knows?

Based on my experience, I'd say yes. That's because I got sponsor approval in July but London did not receive my file until December.... however, it's in process and they've requested additional documents.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Hey Guys,

Just to let you all know my timeline.

App Sent May 26th
App Received May 28th
1st Stage Approval July 9th
AOR London VO October 23
In Process November 19th
DM December 7th (according to ECAS). Actual certificate says it was issued Dec 04th
Expiry October 1st 2013 (They obviously extended my medical to almost 1 year)
Delivered in to my arms Dec 11th
Landing @ Calgary 12/12/12

Wish you guys all the best and oh my god the relief that it is finally all over. Hope everybody has theirs issued in time for Xmas. ;D

Laurenhannah

Star Member
Jan 17, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2012
File Transfer...
08-08-2012
Med's Done....
15-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
R151NG5UN said:
Hey Guys,

App Sent May 26th
App Received May 28th
AOR London VO October 23
In Process November 19th
DM December 7th (according to ECAS). Actual certificate says it was issued Dec 04th

Wish you guys all the best and oh my god the relief that it is finally all over. Hope everybody has theirs issued in time for Xmas. ;D
OMG just in time RISING SUN!!

Massive Congratulations!! Its been a pleasure conversing with you on here!! Enjoy your life here in Canada :)

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
R151NG5UN said:
Hey Guys,

App Sent May 26th
App Received May 28th
AOR London VO October 23
In Process November 19th

Congrats! I'm glad you've been by my side on this ride and it's bitter sweet that your stop is here. Take care! x

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
R151NG5UN said:
Hey Guys,

App Sent May 26th
App Received May 28th
AOR London VO October 23
In Process November 19th

WOW amazing timing! :)
Congratulations, good luck with everything :D

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Thanks guys, I don't know what I would have done without this forum and the help of everybody, I think the process might have beaten me. So coming on here to share stories and figure out how immigration works was much appreciated.

I hope all of you are done ASAP and I will pop in and try to keep up with all of you awesome guys who were their for me. Hopefully all of you will turn red and have a wonderful Xmas and New year with loved ones.

I went out for a meal with my family tonight and it was so hard to say goodbye, reminded me of the times I have left my wife after visiting her and the sadness that brings, only this time it was my siblings and parents. Saying goodbye seems to be the hardest thing to do.

Anyhow lets hope London speeds up and I can share in others joys. :D