+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Herjeet

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
23-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed on 15/11/2012. Awaiting COPR
Been in Kamloops now for nearly a week, still no news from CIC! They must have gone into hybernation mode again! Has anyone received any news regarding their application for June? :mad: :mad: :mad:

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
My heart has just sunk into my stomach...I actually thought the processing time would have gone down.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
nmford said:
Can you send me a link?

I tried emailing a couple of weeks ago and all they said was that my application was being handled by an immigration officer... I already knew that because it's been 'in process' for 2 months now. I did have to send in an extra document... but that was by email a month ago now.

To be frank, this is getting quite ridiculous, I was certain I would have it by now based on the times people were being processed in.

On another note, I just picked up my 3 week old's Canadian passport yesterday :)

Funny how life is eh?
Hey nmford,

Here is the link you require. Note: It says at the very bottom of the page "This office will not respond to case status enquiries within the processing times above" So it will have to be exactly 6 months from when they received the file. How we know when they received the file is anybody's guess, all I know is the exact date my wife was approved as a sponsor, I have no idea when they received the file, I assume it is about 10-14 days after sponsorship approval.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/processing-traitement.aspx?view=d

ldjames

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
24-10-12
File Transfer...
14-09-12
Med's Done....
04-07-12
LANDED..........
30-11-2012 (visitor)
How we know when they received the file is anybody's guess, all I know is the exact date my wife was approved as a sponsor, I have no idea when they received the file, I assume it is about 10-14 days after sponsorship approval.
The lack of information is a bit of a nightmare really. I'd previously read an advice to allow up to 30 days for the file transfer from Canada to London somewhere on CIC which I thought particularly obscene.

I hope you get some news soon, as a September approvee I just keep looking up at the July section wishing for it to be a sea of red as soon as possible. I'm very fortunate to be in a position to go Canada at the end of this month rather than waiting on PR for House sale/ notice periods etc- really feel for those that do.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
ldjames said:
The lack of information is a bit of a nightmare really. I'd previously read an advice to allow up to 30 days for the file transfer from Canada to London somewhere on CIC which I thought particularly obscene.

I hope you get some news soon, as a September approvee I just keep looking up at the July section wishing for it to be a sea of red as soon as possible. I'm very fortunate to be in a position to go Canada at the end of this month rather than waiting on PR for House sale/ notice periods etc- really feel for those that do.
Thanks James,

I do have all that stuff to do but I can't keep living my life like this. I never ever wanted to arrive in Canada before my COPR, now I see little alternative. I could be sat here in theory in February saying the same things. I can't wait any longer and like yourself, I shall come to Canada on a tourist Visa. My wife is fine with me staying at home unable to work but it is certainly something I am not comfortable with but this process is taking it's toll and I don't want to be sat here in 8 weeks in exactly the same situation.

srehal

May 31, 2012
This is heart and gut wrenching that the processing time actually went up to 9 months (most other countries added on a month too). What is this government doing? Does Canada not take family reunion seriously? Most of us are newly married couples frozen in time since our applications went in. It is reasonable to wait, we all knew we had to, but 9 months on top of sponsorship time is ridiculous. What is taking them so long? If they are going to refuse ingenuine applications, refuse them, but don't make us pay for the people taking advantage of the system. The government should be swift with these family applications, but they are not. The longer they take means more of our spouses will require to retake medicals that aren't cheap. Personally, I'm doing my PhD. here in Canada, and I'm not growing money out of my ass. With the increase in processing time again, I'm very tempted to go visit my hubby in London right now, but just looked at ticket prices and they are ridiculous. Husband cannot visit here in canada, since he is on a study visa and cannot get a clearance from his college for a leave of absence. So we are both stuck.

I wonder if writing a coherent, to-the-point letter to canadian immigration might hold any weight, or are they just going to throw it in a pile of other letters just like they're used to???

I am learning one thing from this whole process: that no one should fall in love and marry a non-canadian, and if by chance you happen to do so, be ready to leave the comfort of your canadian home,

Sorry for all the venting, but it hurts too much to keep inside,
Sonia

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
Sweden said:
Exciting indeed - I'm also waiting for mine, and I hope that it will come today - but I'm at another place so I have to wait until my in-laws send it to me... which maybe is better so I don't stalk the postman every day! ( can't really stalk my in-laws either...). So a little more waiting for me, but since you got yours today, mine should be around the corner!
Are you landing right away ?
Sweden
I think I'll land on the weekend. I'm thinking I'll try to swing a shopping trip to Massena,NY and land when coming back. Hopefully I can get the US authorities to let me do that. I've heard they can be reluctant to let you come in and would rather you activate your Canadian status first. But I've also heard it can be a bit of a nuisance sometimes if you have something on your US record saying you were turned around at the border, even if it's not strictly a refusal. Just going to give it a go and see what happens.

I have my COPR now! I'm so relieved, especially since I know now that I don't have to undergo medical surveillance.

Your remark about not stalking the in-laws made me laugh. :D I'm sure yours will be with you any day now.

rpurdie

Nov 16, 2012
London, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2013
LANDED..........
30-07-2013
rpurdie said:
Hi Everyone - I thought I would stop lurking in the shadows and join the community.

We have just sent our application off yesterday, having used this thread as a valuable reference tool (rather than paying someone £1200 to fill in the forms for us!)

We're a recently married couple (M, UK & F, Canada) who are heading to Toronto next year all being well! I found the process pretty straightforward but for a few questions (have you applied for a Quebec so-and-so certificate? yes or no.... but no option for N/A so left it blank) and think that the process should be relatively hurdle free because of the simple history we have..........
I added myself to the spreadsheet that Sweden's profile had a link to - hopefully didn't screw it up!

nmford

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
Landed a long time ago without residency!
R151NG5UN said:
Hey nmford,

Here is the link you require. Note: It says at the very bottom of the page "This office will not respond to case status enquiries within the processing times above" So it will have to be exactly 6 months from when they received the file. How we know when they received the file is anybody's guess, all I know is the exact date my wife was approved as a sponsor, I have no idea when they received the file, I assume it is about 10-14 days after sponsorship approval.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/processing-traitement.aspx?view=d
THanks risingsun,

I phoned missisauga previously and found out my case was transferred at the beginning of july... so 2 more weeks until I can enquire?

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
nmford said:
THanks risingsun,

I phoned missisauga previously and found out my case was transferred at the beginning of july... so 2 more weeks until I can enquire?
Hey nmford,

You can certainly enquire when you deem fit. I believe the 6 month time frame for yourself (going by the spreadsheet) will be Dec 26th 2012, that is the date your sponsor got approval. My date for enquiring is January 9th 2013. As I said you can certainly enquire before then (I suspect I probably will enquire myself mid December) but they don't have to respond although they might.

Best of luck and if you do enquire, let us know how you get on. I will keep all updated how my application is doing. :D

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
rpurdie said:
I added myself to the spreadsheet that Sweden's profile had a link to - hopefully didn't screw it up!
Welcome, and well done - all in order! :)
Sweden

LOUISEN

Sep 10, 2012
Hi, I'm new to this forum and have only posted once before but I thought I'd just update you all with what I found out from an email i sent to London enquring about our application. My sponsor was approved on 26th July and my e-cas has not changed throughout. Yesterday I emailed London and got this reply back today;

Hello,

Your file was received in London on 2012/08/08 and is in a queue to be reviewed by an officer. For average processing times, please see the following web site...

We will be in touch once your file has been reviewed, if further information is required.

So they havent even started to look at my file yet not the news I wanted to hear! :(

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Deficient said:
I think I'll land on the weekend. I'm thinking I'll try to swing a shopping trip to Massena,NY and land when coming back. Hopefully I can get the US authorities to let me do that. I've heard they can be reluctant to let you come in and would rather you activate your Canadian status first. But I've also heard it can be a bit of a nuisance sometimes if you have something on your US record saying you were turned around at the border, even if it's not strictly a refusal. Just going to give it a go and see what happens.

I have my COPR now! I'm so relieved, especially since I know now that I don't have to undergo medical surveillance.

Your remark about not stalking the in-laws made me laugh. :D I'm sure yours will be with you any day now.
I assume you still require an ESTA when going into the USA by land? I read that canadians will require (or perhaps already been implemented) an ESTA also...

ttrites

Jun 14, 2012
Hello Everyone,

I am just curious if anyone here has sent in an outland application - saying that the applicant lives outside of Canada - while they are actually living inside of Canada?

Are there any risks associated with this?

Our understanding is that it will be quicker this way, but if it could casue problems down the line, then i don't want to risk it.

(F-Canadian Citizen; M-Swedish Citizen living in Canada)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
scottishmaple said:
I assume you still require an ESTA when going into the USA by land? I read that canadians will require (or perhaps already been implemented) an ESTA also...
you do require an ESTA if you're not Canadian, but you don't have to do into the US actually - you can tell the border officer (canadian side) that you want to land as PR, and they ( or US side) issue a paper (entry refused of somethign like this), and you go back straight into the Canadian side. Apparently it has no impact on your ability to enter the US at a later date.
For me - I actually have to go to the US, as I'll land through a sea-crossing, and not a land one (taking the ferry Victoria-Port Angeles and back). For Sea-crossing, apparently you have to get on the ferry, go to the US, get on the ferry back 2h later, and land on arrival..I'll consider that my "landing cruise"!! a way to celebrate...
No idea for Canadians though....I don't think you need anything for now - we flew through the US here (Seattle) and my partner was not required to have an ESTA, so it's probably not in place yet (if it will be one day).
Sweden