+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
R151NG5UN said:
Grrrrrrr what is happening with London again!!! There has been no news for ages now and the processing times are becoming ridiculous, so many people stuck from the June approvals and no movement on the rest of the July approvals. It is Tuesday and the ECAS update and not a single piece of good news for anybody. I am so frustrated and this process just seems to have no end and is dragging on and on.
My thoughts also!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
scottishmaple said:
My thoughts also!
same here - my file has been in London for 3.5 months and I haven't had any news - I don't even know if my file is there...

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
FK22 said:
This message is for Deficient or anyone else that has been asked for a second medical furtherance... We emailed CIC to ask about our application and were told that they requested a second medical furtherance on aug 6..........we never got a letter to ask for these.......do you know if they can just ask for this stuff to ur DMP or do they ask you for it??? confused :(
Both letters I had were sent to me and they included a sealed envelope to be given to the DMP, which contained the details of the additional medical tests required. You are notified to give the letter to the DMP who then is supposed to refer you for the relevant tests, etc. It's not clear if they notify the DMP separately, I suspect they do not as my DMP was otherwise unaware of the requests.

I hope that makes sense.

It sounds like they will need to reissue the letter. I think you should send a case-specific enquiry to London, marked as URGENT, telling them that you do not have the letter mentioned and you will need it to be resent. Presumably the deadline on that letter (if it's like mine) will be 90 days so in fact the deadline would be around today. I'm not sure what happens if the deadline is missed (I missed one of my deadlines but I managed to get the stuff to them before they kicked up any fuss about it).

Fingers crossed you can get it sorted out!

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
Oh I just checked ecas - decision made!! I'm so happy! ;D

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Deficient said:
Oh I just checked ecas - decision made!! I'm so happy! ;D
Congrats (again! ;-) ) that's great... now I am back to checking ecas outside of "london working hours", thinking maybe it has been updated while I was not looking.... not a very healthy obsession here ( but I'm sure most people can relate...).

Enjoy the good feeling! when are you landing?
Sweden

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
Sweden said:
Congrats (again! ;-) ) that's great... now I am back to checking ecas outside of "london working hours", thinking maybe it has been updated while I was not looking.... not a very healthy obsession here ( but I'm sure most people can relate...).

Enjoy the good feeling! when are you landing?
Sweden
Thanks Sweden! I'm already in Canada so I'll be landing (well, flagpoling) whenever the COPR arrives. I'll probably make a day trip / shopping trip out of it over the border if I can.

Admittedly I've been checking ecas daily (sometimes more than once) for the last 8 weeks. Naturally, the day I don't check until the evening is The Day.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Deficient said:
Thanks Sweden! I'm already in Canada so I'll be landing (well, flagpoling) whenever the COPR arrives. I'll probably make a day trip / shopping trip out of it over the border if I can.

Admittedly I've been checking ecas daily (sometimes more than once) for the last 8 weeks. Naturally, the day I don't check until the evening is The Day.
:) D-day indeed... maybe I should start that - not checking every day to see if it makes it better! :) let me know how long it takes to receive the COPR - I'm also in Canada and have been wondering about that - and also if they require a signature or anything like this...

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
Sweden said:
same here - my file has been in London for 3.5 months and I haven't had any news - I don't even know if my file is there...
Hey Sweden, glad to hear you made it to Canada with no probs! Im still waiting to hear some news from the London VO as well...getting tired of hanging in limbo, just wish they would get on with things!!! Do you have any idea if we would be able to move back asap soon as we get the green light or do we still have to wait for the PR papers to arrive...

Herjeet

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
23-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed on 15/11/2012. Awaiting COPR
Just checked my ECAS and it finally says In Process for stage 2!!! They started processing on the 2nd of November so we will be in Canada when they issue a COPR. Flying out next Thursday the 15th!! Hope its smooth sailing from now on. Finger's crossed!

FK22

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 29 2012
File Transfer...
June 21, 2012
Interview........
Jan 17 2013
Passport Req..
soon IA :)
VISA ISSUED...
sooooooon IA :)
LANDED..........
sooon IA :)
Deficient said:
Both letters I had were sent to me and they included a sealed envelope to be given to the DMP, which contained the details of the additional medical tests required. You are notified to give the letter to the DMP who then is supposed to refer you for the relevant tests, etc. It's not clear if they notify the DMP separately, I suspect they do not as my DMP was otherwise unaware of the requests.

I hope that makes sense.

It sounds like they will need to reissue the letter. I think you should send a case-specific enquiry to London, marked as URGENT, telling them that you do not have the letter mentioned and you will need it to be resent. Presumably the deadline on that letter (if it's like mine) will be 90 days so in fact the deadline would be around today. I'm not sure what happens if the deadline is missed (I missed one of my deadlines but I managed to get the stuff to them before they kicked up any fuss about it).

Thanks for replying.....they said they will resend it...but it seems like we have lost out on three months:(

Fingers crossed you can get it sorted out!

nmford

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2012
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
Landed a long time ago without residency!
Been in process since sep 24th ><

mattyr83

Jul 5, 2012
Sweden said:
:) D-day indeed... maybe I should start that - not checking every day to see if it makes it better! :) let me know how long it takes to receive the COPR - I'm also in Canada and have been wondering about that - and also if they require a signature or anything like this...
Sweeden, I had the COPR mailed to me in CANADA. Hamilton, ON. Here was the timeline for me to receive it.
COPR issued on Oct 23rd (and stamped by Royal Mail same day)
Sticker on the package from Canada Post was dated for Nov 1st. (even though Royal mail claims the package will leave the UK within 48 hours.)
received in hamilton, On Nov 5th. And we did have to sign for it. Doesn't have to be the applicant to sign, anyone can sign.

Herjeet

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
23-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed on 15/11/2012. Awaiting COPR
mattyr83 said:
Sweeden, I had the COPR mailed to me in CANADA. Hamilton, ON. Here was the timeline for me to receive it.
COPR issued on Oct 23rd (and stamped by Royal Mail same day)
Sticker on the package from Canada Post was dated for Nov 1st. (even though Royal mail claims the package will leave the UK within 48 hours.)
received in hamilton, On Nov 5th. And we did have to sign for it. Doesn't have to be the applicant to sign, anyone can sign.
i believe anyone at the address can sign for it.

s2gordon

Feb 10, 2012
I cannot believe it! OMG! I checked e-cas last night and a desision has been made!! So now I just wait for the copr!! Yayyy :):):):)

seamyb

Star Member
May 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 16-11-2012
LANDED..........
15-02-2013
kaede1977 said:
Hey Sweden, glad to hear you made it to Canada with no probs! Im still waiting to hear some news from the London VO as well...getting tired of hanging in limbo, just wish they would get on with things!!! Do you have any idea if we would be able to move back asap soon as we get the green light or do we still have to wait for the PR papers to arrive...
Hi Kaede,

You should have no problems arriving without the PR papers. I got back to Toronto at the end of August and had no issues entering. I had a return flight booked but got asked barely any questions.