+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

antz21

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-13
LANDED..........
02-04-13
Thanks Sweden, turns out they sent back our application yesterday because our payment was wrong - I guess we sent it to the wrong place or something - we tried doing a bank draft but I think ended up doing a transfer and it didn't work out. Sigh.... Sooo they sent the whole application back to us, with a list of payment options, we have a case number and a case officer now, so I guess we can try paying the application fees online (I think that was one of the options but my hubby has the paperwork so I will have to check with him). I just hope we don't have to wait another 3 months to hear... I am hoping once we correct the payment that they just send the rest of the application on its merry way to the London office.

Has this happened to anyone else?! Or am I the only one confused by how to pay the fees reading the website! lol

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey guys

We're just waiting on the London office now but have decided to fly to Canada at the beginning of December with or without approval. So I've seen a few posts from people who have done this and just wanted some reassurance that there were no problems about entering Canada while in the middle of the process. As well, we only booked a one way flight, will the lack of a return ticket be a problem?

Thanks so much!!!! :D

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
canuck_in_uk said:
Hey guys

We're just waiting on the London office now but have decided to fly to Canada at the beginning of December with or without approval. So I've seen a few posts from people who have done this and just wanted some reassurance that there were no problems about entering Canada while in the middle of the process. As well, we only booked a one way flight, will the lack of a return ticket be a problem?

Hey Canuck,

Deciding to arrive in Canada before the process is complete does have it's problems. I like yourself am thinking heavily about doing the same thing if I have not heard anything regarding my Visa in the next 4 weeks. Problems with doing it are that it is very hard for you to ship your goods to Canada if you have any goods other than what will fit in a suit case i.e small furniture, computers, T.V, DVD's, Cd's because you wont have the form that is required to ship these goods. Biggest issue with settling before COPR is granted is, as you highlighted, the ability to demonstrate you will return to the U.K if asked by a border official, which I assume you will have nothing since you have left the U.K to live in Canada and wait out the rest of your application period? This is by far the thing that worries me the most because if the border official suspects you wont leave Canada then there could be an issue. Proof such as car, mortgage, job and most importantly a FLIGHT back to the U.K are things the border official will evaluate when making his decision.

Moving out to Canada and waiting the rest of your application is a great idea and something as I said I am thinking of heavily but it is not without it's pitfalls, the biggest being trying to convince or demonstrate to a border official that you will return to the U.K. Nobody here can say with any degree of certainty that you will be fine and that will not be any issues. Obviously if you do try it, I would say to pack relatively light, so you don't look like your moving all the possessions you have collected the last 20 years with you. A return flight back to the U.K would in my opinion be a lot safer risk if you are going to try and enter Canada and wait it out.

Good luck and hope everything works out. :D

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
canuck_in_uk said:
Hey guys

Hey canuck_in_uk we are also planning on going to Canada whether or not the COPR has arrived. There are mixed reports on how easy it is to do, and how much hassle you may/may not get at immigration. Before you even get to Canada, some airlines can be funny about letting you on the plane if you don't have the correct documentation, or a return ticket. If my visa hasn't arrived a couple days before we fly then I will be buying a fully refundable ticket. We also have a lot of stuff and two dogs so its all going in under my husbands name as he'll be arriving as a returning resident and can therefore bring in whatever he wants. I'm not sure myself what to say at immigration, whether to be honest about the PR application and say that I'm waiting on the imminent arrival of my COPR, or say that I'm only there to see my husband and son settled in and after New Year I'll go back to the UK... I think you have to make it clear that you understand the rules, you can't work, can't get health insurance, and that if your visitors visa runs out before your COPR you are prepared to return to the UK.

Hope London prooves speedy for you!

P

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
WWEEEHHHHHAAAYYYYYYYYY........
Got a Royal Mail card saying they had a letter needing a signature this morning, and I just checked Ecas, it says ........DECISION MADE!! :p :p :p
~~~~~HAPPY DANCE~~~~~

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Rosie Lee said:
Got a Royal Mail card saying they had a letter needing a signature this morning, and I just checked Ecas, it says ........DECISION MADE!! :p :p :p
~~~~~HAPPY DANCE~~~~~
Congrats Rosie Lee, have a great life in Canada. Very happy for you. :D

On a separate note, whoever is filling the spreadsheet in can they please leave the dates when the application was mailed and received in the colour they are and NOT CHANGE THEM TO RED when COPR is issued. Those date colours left as they are and NOT IN RED are a lot easier to gauge your application against. When you turn them red then it becomes a lot harder to compare!!!

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
Rosie Lee said:
~~~~~HAPPY DANCE~~~~~
Congratulations!!!

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
Rosie Lee said:
~~~~~HAPPY DANCE~~~~~
;D That is amazing!!!!!! We are soooo happy for you!

P xxx

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
bryandd said:
;D That is amazing!!!!!! We are soooo happy for you!

P xxx
Thanks, I cant believe how quick, in process on the 1st and letter arrived here this morning the 4th!!!
I wish everyone the same no hassle processing ;)

sarsa13

Sep 4, 2012
Regina, SK
AOR Received.
1st October 2012
Hi everyone!

I'm also applying outland through the London VO and I was hoping to get added to the spreadsheet. Didn't know if I should add myself or if someone else does that...
I sent my application on July 19th and it was received on July 23rd, when I phoned the CIC Call Centre today I was told that my file was received :D

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
sarsa13 said:
Hi everyone!

I'm also applying outland through the London VO and I was hoping to get added to the spreadsheet. Didn't know if I should add myself or if someone else does that...
I sent my application on July 19th and it was received on July 23rd, when I phoned the CIC Call Centre today I was told that my file was received :D
Hi Sarsa13, welcome to the thread...and the waiting game :) Feel free to add yourself to the spreadsheet, its open to everyone.

Good luck!

P

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
antz21 said:
Thanks Sweden, turns out they sent back our application yesterday because our payment was wrong - I guess we sent it to the wrong place or something - we tried doing a bank draft but I think ended up doing a transfer and it didn't work out. Sigh.... Sooo they sent the whole application back to us, with a list of payment options, we have a case number and a case officer now, so I guess we can try paying the application fees online (I think that was one of the options but my hubby has the paperwork so I will have to check with him). I just hope we don't have to wait another 3 months to hear... I am hoping once we correct the payment that they just send the rest of the application on its merry way to the London office.

Has this happened to anyone else?! Or am I the only one confused by how to pay the fees reading the website! lol

Thanks
I don't know if it has happened to anyone else, but since you have a case number and the name of an officer, you won't be back into the queue. If that's the only thin missing, then it should be pretty straightforward and won't delay your file too much!

Good luck,
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
canuck_in_uk said:
Hey guys

Hey there,

as the others say - there is no guarantee that you will be let in at the border... but you can always try! I'm flying on the 10th ( and arriving in Canada on the 15th as I have a little stopover planned! :) ), and most likely without COPR (as I'm leaving soon and my ecas says "application received"...). So - I'm taking the risk, and I will report how it goes! :) update coming soon....

I don't have a return ticket... I will bring a print out of my bank account to explain that I do have the funds, the copy of the sponsorship approval, and hope for the best. I'm bringing in 2 suitcases, and travelling with my partner. The rest of our stuff (moving boxes) are going under his name ( as returning canadian indeed) with a shipping company....

I plan to be honest at the border. Saying that I am coming to wait out my PR, but will leave if required, and I have the funds etc.

I'll let you know if I get turned down at the border - and get a "free" flight back to Europe! :)

Good luck,
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Rosie Lee said:
~~~~~HAPPY DANCE~~~~~
Yeah!!! congratulations, happy for you! wish it was me as I am flying very soon, but who knows - might still happen still!
Enjoy Canada!
Sweden