+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

N

nabeela

Yeyyyy i have checked my E-cas and it says in process. . . . hope for the best. . . :))))

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Laurenhannah said:
I know it can be confusing, and as mentioned, we don't have children involved so i'm not sure where in the application they have to be entered, but i'm 99.9% sure they will have to be in there somewhere. As i said, my boyfriend had to list his step sister and brother whom he's never even met. I know you do have to include the children because immigration want to know of all possible people who one day you may want to bring over to Canada (even though they have zero contact). Hopefully someone who has a similar experience can help you out more, but i wouldn't send off your application without having them included in there somewhere. Good luck
hmm im wondering if you could tell me where in the application did he add the step sister and brother,thanks at least i can have an idea ,i was wondering if it is in the form imm 008 in the dependent ,anyone any idea please help me.thanks

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
londongurl said:
hmm im wondering if you could tell me where in the application did he add the step sister and brother,thanks at least i can have an idea ,i was wondering if it is in the form imm 008 in the dependent ,anyone any idea please help me.thanks
Hey,

I guess you are the sponsor of your husband. He must include all dependants on form IMM008. It says and I quote "You must include your spouse or common-law partner, if applicable, AND ALL OF YOUR DEPENDANT CHILDREN AND THOSE OF YOUR SPOUSE OR COMMON LAW PARTNER, who are not already Permanent residents of Canada. If he fails or chooses not to disclose them then it can be viewed as mis-representation and it closes of any chance of ever sponsoring them in future (if anything happened to their birth mother).

Also on form IMM5406 you must list father, mother, spouse/ common law partner, CHILDREN (even adopted and step-children, regardless of age or place of residence), brothers, sisters (including step brothers and sisters and half brothers/ sisters)

Herjeet

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
23-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
LANDED..........
Landed on 15/11/2012. Awaiting COPR
R151NG5UN said:
Hey Herjeet,

I assume the majority of updates are through E-cas and regular mail when you are finally approved. You must be imminent now, hopefully this week. I believe processing times are from when the VO received your package, not when you initially filed your application with Mississagua, therefore looking at the spreadsheet there are 4 people processed before you but their application was received after yours. Also lets not forget certain applications require more background checks, if you have moved about a lot then checking with certain authorities/ districts will impact your time. If you have remained in one place since you were 18, then background checks will be quicker. More work the VO has to do on your file the longer it will take.

Fingers crossed for you and lets hope you hear something this week. ;D
Thanks!! Its nice to hear some positive and encouraging words!! ;D

FK22

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 29 2012
File Transfer...
June 21, 2012
Interview........
Jan 17 2013
Passport Req..
soon IA :)
VISA ISSUED...
sooooooon IA :)
LANDED..........
sooon IA :)
nabeela said:
Yeyyyy i have checked my E-cas and it says in process. . . . hope for the best. . . :))))
Congrats Nabeela.....:)

Could you tell us about you times line...when did london VO recieve your app...thanks :)

N

nabeela

FK22 said:

Could you tell us about you times line...when did london VO recieve your app...thanks :)
FK22 said:

Could you tell us about you times line...when did london VO receive your app...thanks :)

Yes. LVO received my application on 05th Apr 2012. and I sent some additional docs on 28th Aug. . . . Now its in Process

Grizzlybear

Aug 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Interview........
05-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013
Has London office gone back to sleep again?

confusedcaz

Oct 3, 2012
We did outland application for husband as living in the UK and I'm a former resident of Canada. Mississauga office has lost the application!!! Still chasing information for application sent in April 2012 and should have gone through first stage by end July. Not sure what will happen now as we are already in Canada. May have to start again!!! but have to do inland one now. So frustrating.

Rosie Lee

Mar 1, 2012
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2012
File Transfer...
9-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
confusedcaz said:
We did outland application for husband as living in the UK and I'm a former resident of Canada. Mississauga office has lost the application!!! Still chasing information for application sent in April 2012 and should have gone through first stage by end July. Not sure what will happen now as we are already in Canada. May have to start again!!! but have to do inland one now. So frustrating.
That's so frustrating! :mad: Have you got a record of them signing for it on receipt. If you have, surely you shouldn't have to apply again and go back to the bottom of the pile. Maybe you can ask for it to be expedited?
You should ask Leon's advice on this!

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Grizzlybear said:
Has London office gone back to sleep again?
Looking at the spreadsheet, London VO has done a lot of COPR's in the last 2 weeks. They really seem to be forging ahead, only 2 or 3 left to be finalised for applications received in June and then they can hopefully forge through July as quickly as they have been working the last 2 weeks. ;D

antz21

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-13
LANDED..........
02-04-13
Hi everyone,

So we sent out application in and it was received on 26th June... So it has passed the 69 days processing time for my hubby to be approved as a sponsor. We called them up and they said that they had received it and they just hadn't made a decision yet and gave him a file #. They didn't give him anymore information other than that. Is it weird that it's taken a lot longer than 69 days for them to approve him as a sponsor?

Thanks

mic_midd86

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally we sent our application today!!! My husbands visa runs out Feb 17th going with or without COPR. Hoping not to have too long a wait in Canada without working...I'll go crazy!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
confusedcaz said:
Sorry to hear that, that's awful! must be so frustrating!!
Even if you are in Canada, you can still do outland, that should be faster than inland normally.... just mentioning here.
THere was another case where the file seemed lost a couple of months ago and the applicant was about to do everything again, but CIC finally found their application, so I hope it will be the same for you - fingers crossed!
Good luck,
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
antz21 said:
Hi everyone,

So we sent out application in and it was received on 26th June... So it has passed the 69 days processing time for my hubby to be approved as a sponsor. We called them up and they said that they had received it and they just hadn't made a decision yet and gave him a file #. They didn't give him anymore information other than that. Is it weird that it's taken a lot longer than 69 days for them to approve him as a sponsor?

Thanks
It happens - for some others as well they took much longer than the 69 days written on the website. Sometimes they are doing extra checks on the sponsor, so hang in there, and don't loose hope. If you meet the criteria, you won't be denied. You might be asked for extra information and it might take a little longer, but it should come...
Good luck with waiting,
Sweden