+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

NevilleUK

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/01/2012
Med's Done....
05/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
23/05/2012
NevilleUK said:
Hi Neville....Could you tell me what you mean by "two notarised letters of statutory declaration from friends / relatives." Where on the guide does it state this :(
It's quite hidden. Here's the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3901e.pdf, or if you're feeling adventurous you can navigate to it manually. It's in Part 3 of the "Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class". Scroll down and select "West Europe". Scroll down to number 10 in the Appendix A Checklist "Proof of Relationship to Sponsor". At the bottom of this section it says "Also provide details of the history of your relationship and at least two statutory declarations from individuals with personal knowledge of your relationship supporting your claim that the relationship is genuine and continuing". Reading the various Canadian immigration forums, it seems as though they need to be notarised.

We didn't spot this until well after we had sent the application off. It was lucky we spotted it, or it could have delayed our application!

NevilleUK

Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/01/2012
Med's Done....
05/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
23/05/2012
sway_in_de_wind said:
canuck_in_uk

Hi, I am sponsoring my girlfriend and we sent out application to Ontario on 19th March 12 . I hear most people say send everything together but we did not know this when we sent ours, we did not include her medical with the rest of the application. Instead we waited about one month as we didn't want to have to pay for a second. It appears the more current it is the less likely it is (if all is ok) you will be asked to take a second medical, but at the same time we didn't want it to hold up our application. It was estimated by the doctor that the results would take about a month to be ready at that particular practic.

We explained to the doctor the stage we were at and they said that they would send everything direct to London to save time. They said that they do this quite regularly. We explained that we didn't have any ref numbers yet for them to put it on the envilope in order for the medical to be matched up with the rest of the file, again they said that didn't matter its been no problem in the past.

Looking at the time frames our medical should be in London any time now and hopfully we will get sponsor approval in the next three weeks. Fingers crossed. The doctors practice we used has been doing these medicals for over 30 years and seems to know what they are talking about. But I will have to wait and see for myself. If there are any problems I will post them on here, but we will not know for a few weeks yet.

Hope this helps
We were confused about this too, but the popular view is to get the medicals done before sending off the application. However, when we called our nearest Canadian medical practice, they told us that we had to wait until we had reference numbers before we could get the medicals done, then they would be able to tie up the medical results with our application. So, we waited until we had sponsorship approval then booked an appointment. When they were completing the forms with us at the medical practice, we offered them our UCI and application number, but they said they didn't need them. I think the receptionist we originally spoke to must have been misinformed. It doesn't matter though because our application still took under 5 months, so I don't think it affected our application or how long it took at all.

The way I look at it is if we failed the sponsorship part of the application then at least we would have saved the money it takes to do the medicals ;)

Jan 3, 2011
Southampton, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
11-05-2012
File Transfer...
18-05-2012
Med's Done....
Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 27-07-2012
Our interpretation of needing notorised copies of references on relationship was that it was for common law or conjugal relationships only.

Our medical was done in advance of the application based on advice and our application when received in London updated on its being received immediately

Caddboy

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Well after my rant the other week, we finally recieved acknowledgement from CIC that they have recieved our application, however we forgot to sign / date one of the forms (don't know how we missed it), so we've had to complete a new one and send it back to Canada. Atleast now we have a UCI number and a case officer (Officer L), which is a total relief. WE received our email on May 25th.......hope the rest goes smoothly. Any idea how long London is taking to do their part? 3 months?

Hope everyone else hears about their applications soon, I feel your pain

cheers

FK22

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 29 2012
File Transfer...
June 21, 2012
Interview........
Jan 17 2013
Passport Req..
soon IA :)
VISA ISSUED...
sooooooon IA :)
LANDED..........
sooon IA :)
CanadianCanuck said:
Our interpretation of needing notorised copies of references on relationship was that it was for common law or conjugal relationships only.

Our medical was done in advance of the application based on advice and our application when received in London updated on its being received immediately
I think the letters of reference are for common law as well...anyone can verify this?

Weegie

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2012
LANDED..........
01-04-2012
FK22 said:
I think the letters of reference are for common law as well...anyone can verify this?
Technically, it does ask for 2 statutory declarations - I investigated this a lot and apparently the definition of statutory declaration varies from country to country, which doesn't help. For my application, I provided letters from family and friends in statutory declaration format (which again can be interpreted), but it was not formalized by way of a notary i.e. no lawyer signed this. The were simply signed by family and friends testifiying our relationship was genuine. So our application was processed without formalized, notarized statutory declarations. However, this may just be down to luck and that the rest of our evidence was strong (my application package was an epic novel by the time I had finished).

So the wishy washy answer is, it will depend on how strict the assessing officer is - but it is still possible that the application will be approved without notarized stat decs.

s2gordon

Feb 10, 2012
Hi everyone! We got sponsorship approval this morning! Pink lady could you please update the spreadsheet? Now we just wait for London visa office yay! Nice to finally have 1 step down :)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Hey everyone,
I've been away for a little while and see there are a few updates for the spreadsheet. I'll get around to updating soon.
Hope all's good!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
s2gordon said:
Hi everyone! We got sponsorship approval this morning! Pink lady could you please update the spreadsheet? Now we just wait for London visa office yay! Nice to finally have 1 step down :)
Hey s2gordon - congratulations on the approval!
Just wanted to check with you - when was your application received? on the 7th of March according to the spreadsheet, but I just want to confirm - that would be awesome, meaning that they have started with March applicants! :) (i'm in April, so next in line so to speak!).

Thanks,
Sweden

sway_in_de_wind

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Cheshire
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-06-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2012
LANDED..........
15-04-2013
Congratulatins S2gordon. So glad to see they are working on March. We are two weeks behind you and I'm feeling so impatient but excited now I see they are working on March ;D

in_can

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
25-06-12
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Request
Sent already
Med's Done....
06-03-2012
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
13-07-12
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-12 (Started processing on ecas,Visa has same date)
LANDED..........
Soon...
March, REALLY? finally....I hope they are moving quickly now.

s2gordon said:

s2gordon

Feb 10, 2012
Yes, they received my package on 7th march. I hadn't heard anything until this morning an was beginning to worry! Lol! Even though they haven't updated thru website (which still says working on applications received feb 7!) looks like they are into March! I hope u guys here something soon! :)

thisdj1

Star Member
Jan 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 13th 2012
Med's Done....
FEB 2012
hey i am a canadian citizen applying for my hubby who is british, we sent the application in feb 2012 they received on the 13th feb but still no answer?

Also i wanted to know if anyone new because i am a returning citizen after 20 years am going before my hubby can i complete a B4 form for myself for all my household items that am taking in cargo or is this only for new landing immigrates? thanks

beckywindley

May 30, 2012
Hello all -
First I have to tell you how glad I am to have found this forum. I've been a silent reader for a little while but it's been nice knowing that there are many others just like me out there!

We had a decision made on our file on Monday. -
"We received *** application for permanent residence on January 15, 2011.

We started processing ***application on March 27, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on ***application. The office will contact JAMES ALEXANDER FERGUSON concerning this decision. "

From what I can tell - this looks like a good sign? It's nerve wracking waiting for the letter to arrive at my husband's flat! Fingers crossed we get the letter soon. Then it's a matter of selling his flat and getting him home to Calgary! Can anybody give me an average of how long it took to get their letter? Obviously it all depends on the mail system, and Liverpool isn't toooooo far from London - but when you've been waiting like everybody here has been - one more day just seems like another eternity!

sway_in_de_wind

Star Member
Apr 10, 2012
Cheshire
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-06-2012
Med's Done....
02-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2012
LANDED..........
15-04-2013
Beckywindle

I'm sorry but I cant help you with your answer, I hope you don't mind me asking but how come your application took over a year and a half? Or is that a typo? (application filed Jan 2011).

Keep us all updated with the result, I like stories with good news so good luck.