+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

shudda

Aug 20, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7/11/2011
AOR Received.
10/01/2012
File Transfer...
16/01/2012
It's official!! COPR arrived in Canada today!!!!!!

Pinklady, please update the spreadsheet for me, this one last time :D

Thank you all for your help and support! I'm lucky to have had you with me through all this xx

Paul..

Mar 3, 2012
Pinklady, please can you update the spreadsheet with my "in process" date. It's the 27th March 2012.

Many thanks

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
Will in the last week of March
helo every one how r u ,

greenman

Mar 27, 2012
Hello,

It is my first time using this and it is at the crunch time when I am just about to send my application form off. I have a quick question regarding the medical form (IMM1017 - the receipt the doctor gives you). I am currently living in England, but had my medical in Canada over Christmas, so am now in possession of my copy of this receipt. I am wondering if I must send this original copy as part of my application and not an authenticated photocopy? Reason I ask, my mind is a little hazy on this though, is that I am sure the doctor said I would need this original on entering Canada once I get a permanent residency visa. I do have an additional receipt confirming payment of that medical - would that do?

Hoping to post my application on friday, so any reassuring thoughts very welcomed :)

Thank you.

lesleyaddy

Nov 1, 2011
Soooooooooooo.... We got Pauls COPR in the post today. It was issued on the 22nd march for your speadsheet pink lady.

Our Son Noah tho isnt listed on the dependants information tho on pauls COPR?? Is that right?? They sent back our photos and that and all of the photos I sent of Our son were returned as well?? They did email me saying NOah might be elligible for Canadian Citizenship as I am a citizen?? Should I have applied for citizenship for Noah??

Im just worrying that hes been left off the COPR and we wont be allowed in when we get there?

Any ansswerrrssss very much appreciated

xxxxxx

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Lesleyaddy, since you are a citizen, then your son is automatically a citizen. You will need to apply for his proof of citizenship.
When are you planning to land? From what I know it can take a while to get the proof of citizenship, but if he has a UK passport, then he should be admitted to Canada when your husband lands. If you apply for proof of citizenship right away, carry copies of the application and perhaps a copy of his birth certificate (showing you the Canadian as his mother). You should be fine.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
shudda said:
It's official!! COPR arrived in Canada today!!!!!!

Pinklady, please update the spreadsheet for me, this one last time :D

Thank you all for your help and support! I'm lucky to have had you with me through all this xx
Congratulations!!!
And you're very welcome :)

Paul.. Spreadsheet has been updated.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
greenman said:
It is my first time using this and it is at the crunch time when I am just about to send my application form off. I have a quick question regarding the medical form (IMM1017 - the receipt the doctor gives you). I am currently living in England, but had my medical in Canada over Christmas, so am now in possession of my copy of this receipt. I am wondering if I must send this original copy as part of my application and not an authenticated photocopy? Reason I ask, my mind is a little hazy on this though, is that I am sure the doctor said I would need this original on entering Canada once I get a permanent residency visa. I do have an additional receipt confirming payment of that medical - would that do?
Thank you.
You must send the original form the doctor gave you (its light green I believe). It is listed on the document checklist. Take a copy of it, purely for your records.
You will not need this for landing. When it is time to land, Immigration will issue you with a COPR (confirmation of permanent residence) It is this document you need to land.

Good luck, hope you get it posted on Friday!!

ShaunT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2011
Hi Pinklady. You can update me to in Process as of the 23rd March

Thanks

lesleyaddy

Nov 1, 2011
pinklady said:
Lesleyaddy, since you are a citizen, then your son is automatically a citizen. You will need to apply for his proof of citizenship.
When are you planning to land? From what I know it can take a while to get the proof of citizenship, but if he has a UK passport, then he should be admitted to Canada when your husband lands. If you apply for proof of citizenship right away, carry copies of the application and perhaps a copy of his birth certificate (showing you the Canadian as his mother). You should be fine.

Hey pink lady, thank you fro replying to me. Happy and a bit extra stressed at same time :)

We're plannin gon landing 18th May so theres no way it would be back in time. PLus Ive just checked processing times and it can take up to 14 months. Plus I need to get a notarised copy of my birth certificate to send off with it. But this can all be done and they should still let us land I assume?? Do you think id be able to start this process once landed for his certificate of citizenship?

xxxxx

lesleyaddy

Nov 1, 2011
Does anybody know anything about a Facilitation VIsa? Ive had a mooch on the CIC website and apparently its a visa for Canadians who have impending travel plans with minors when the wait for the certificate of citizenship is too long away.??

Lesley xx

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
lesleyaddy said:
Does anybody know anything about a Facilitation VIsa? Ive had a mooch on the CIC website and apparently its a visa for Canadians who have impending travel plans with minors when the wait for the certificate of citizenship is too long away.??
Lesley xx
I read a little on the facilitation visa, I don't think it applies to your son - or is unnecessary.
His british passport should be enough to get him into the country. Just be prepared for questions by immigration.
It can probably wait until you arrive, but if possible start it asap. How old is your son?
Since he is technically a visitor until the proof of citizenship is granted, I'm not sure whether he would have healthcare etc, something to think about.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/urgent-proof.asp - you could try this?

awilliams123

Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2011
AOR Received.
23-12-2011
File Transfer...
17-01-2012
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012 (COPR)
oh! We are now 'In Process' !!!

Pinklady, could you update the speadsheet please?

This is really good, because we'd been asked to submit more info, which we did over a week ago, and up until 2 days ago ECAS still said 'Application Received'.....so at least something is happening!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
ShaunT said:
Hi Pinklady. You can update me to in Process as of the 23rd March

Thanks
Updated - there could be good news for you soon, fingers crossed!!

lesleyaddy

Nov 1, 2011
pinklady said:
I read a little on the facilitation visa, I don't think it applies to your son - or is unnecessary.
His british passport should be enough to get him into the country. Just be prepared for questions by immigration.
It can probably wait until you arrive, but if possible start it asap. How old is your son?
Since he is technically a visitor until the proof of citizenship is granted, I'm not sure whether he would have healthcare etc, something to think about.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/urgent-proof.asp - you could try this?
Thank you pink lady ..you are fabulous. Im gonna get the certificate application sent off friday!! Cannot believe ive done thiss...i was so stressed with the sponsor forms I just assumed.. Never assume hey!!

Would we be able to pay for medical cover, as we were planning on doing that nayway as you dont recieve it for the first 3 months anyway do you? If hes a visitor, can we pay for healthcare cover privately?

Lesley xxxx