+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
I haven't decided how I will do this myself but I have read people saying about how excess baggage on your flight can in some cases be cheaper than shipping stuff separately if you don't have loads of stuff to bring. I think it would depend a lot on the airline and their extra baggage fees, as well as the amount of stuff you plan to take, how much physical space it would take up when packed, and how much it weighs.

On British Airways, after your first free 23kg bag and your hand luggage, excess bags would work out at like £1.48/kg for the first 23kg and then £3.35/kg for anything more. In that case it is almost certainly worth taking at least one extra bag of 23kg, and then beyond that you could possibly do better by other methods. Other methods can surely quote you under £3.35/kg but it's the flat fees they charge that might get you, and you'd probably have to send quite a lot of stuff to make it worth it. Plus shipping is often worked out at volumetric weight rather than actual weight, which of course makes it all really difficult to compare, because the way you would pack your belongings for excess baggage and the way you'd pack your belongings for shipping based on volumetric weight would probably be different.

If you work out the answer, please share ;)

awilliams123

Dec 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2011
AOR Received.
23-12-2011
File Transfer...
17-01-2012
Med's Done....
21-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2012 (COPR)
shudda said:
Pinklady, I have been waiting for what seems like forever to be able to write this - according to ecas as of this morning - DECISION MADE!!
congrats shudda! we were right behind you (sponsor approval 17 jan), but were asked to submit more info last week....fearing that this is going to cause a massive delay :(

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
Hi guys

I am almost ready to put in my application. I have all of my documents except my boyfriend's "option c" and my medical is next week. Should be mailing it out in a couple of weeks!!! Fingers crossed!

Have a question... how do I attach my 8 photos? Can't find the guide to that. Thanks in advance!

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
I can't remember exactly but I think I put them in a little envelope and wrote immigration photos on it.
Even if I didnt, that seems an acceptable thing to do.
Good luck!

123me

Star Member
Dec 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pinklady, someone on another forum would like their details added to your spreadsheet to help with the stats gathering. I will copy their message.

Married route outland via London. Application Sent: 7th Nov. Application received in Mississauga: 9th Nov
Sponsor Approved: 16th Jan. Medical received 19th Jan
In Progress March 16 (Not on ECAS). Decision Made March 19th(on ECAS). COPR Recieved 21st March.

Name is Peng

Thank you!

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
Will in the last week of March
Best of luck every one i m in plane . Thanks for ur support. U all will be there soon take care bye

ahm2299

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
best of luck zaig please don't forget to post your landing experience

xebex

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Fernie, BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
19-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2013
hi all,

i'm confused.

So, if i live with my boyfriend for a year in Canada as a visitor I can apply for PR as common law, but i have to go home to apply to make the process quicker.

If i'm applying outside Canada, won't it be obvious that i'm no longer living with my BF? Aren't immigration going to think, "well they aren't living together anymore so we won't grant her PR status?"

Also, if i dont go home, apply outland and then apply for my visitor status to be extended, will they grant it knowing that i'm waiting for an outland application to be accepted?

Thanks

Rebecca

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
Yes, you can apply for common law. You don't have to go home. You can apply outland while you are in Canada as a visitor. You will only have to go home if you get called for an interview.

You can extend your visitor visa and tell them that you are extending because you need more time to prepare your PR application.

:)

xebex said:
hi all,

i'm confused.

So, if i live with my boyfriend for a year in Canada as a visitor I can apply for PR as common law, but i have to go home to apply to make the process quicker.

If i'm applying outside Canada, won't it be obvious that i'm no longer living with my BF? Aren't immigration going to think, "well they aren't living together anymore so we won't grant her PR status?"

Also, if i dont go home, apply outland and then apply for my visitor status to be extended, will they grant it knowing that i'm waiting for an outland application to be accepted?

Thanks

Rebecca

xebex

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Fernie, BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
19-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2013
Problem is i want to go home for a month next christmas, put the application in, then come back in January and wait it out whilst i'm with my BF in Canada. How do i get round this?

trickydicky16

Star Member
Dec 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
|London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2011
bonitanita said:
Hi guys

I am almost ready to put in my application. I have all of my documents except my boyfriend's "option c" and my medical is next week. Should be mailing it out in a couple of weeks!!! Fingers crossed!

Have a question... how do I attach my 8 photos? Can't find the guide to that. Thanks in advance!
I put mine in the wallet from the photo place. but i would also agree with pinklady, an envelope will be fine

Victorfoxtrot

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-11
File Transfer...
04-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-12
LANDED..........
26-02-12
xebex said:
Problem is i want to go home for a month next christmas, put the application in, then come back in January and wait it out whilst i'm with my BF in Canada. How do i get round this?
My situation is sort of similar, and mine was granted no problems. Here is what my timeline was like:

July 2010 - moved to Canada to live with boyfriend, gave up job in UK etc.
Sept 2010 - took a 3 week holiday back to UK for a wedding - boyfriend came with me for the first week, but then had to return to work.
March 2011 - applied on line to renew my visitor visa for another 6 months, stayed in Canada the whole time
July 2011 - another trip back to the UK for a wedding and visiting family. Boyfriend accompanied me for 2 weeks, I stayed 5 in total.
August 2011 - returned to Canada, finished application and posted it.
November 2011 - Sponsor approval from CPC-M
December 2011 - I flew back to UK for Christmas (3 weeks), boyfriend came out for 10 days.
January 2012 - I flew back to Canada (boyfriend had already flown back), took my sponsor approval letter with me and declared my intentions to enter as a visitor but with a PR application in process. Was issued a year long visitor visa. 3 weeks later my PR came through.

So I suppose what I am trying to say is that you can have breaks. What does your timeline look like? Are you already living together - how far into your cohabitation will the Xmas trip occur, and is your partner coming with you? I was really worried that my Sept 2010 trip back to the UK woudl seem iffy, but I simply just explained that the main purpose was for a wedding. I was also able to demonstrate that we were both going on the trip with photos and tickets etc, so we were still together.

zaig

Oct 27, 2011
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
14/ 05/2018
Doc's Request.
May/2019
Passport Req..
29/feb2020
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting soon
LANDED..........
Will in the last week of March
good after noon every one . i had to pack up my laugage so i couldnt sleep whole night . so i reached airport at 7 o clock . boding and every thing done quickly then i decided to hang around in duty free shops. suddenly i heard my name in speakers that my flight is waiting for me if i don't reach in 10 minutes to gate 38 i will be left . what an ediot you are i know all you will say caz i said myself same . i run towards flight and made in time there was an old lady sitting next to me and she said furiously oh it was you caz of whom we were getting late .i got my self settled on seat at the same time crew member came and requested me if i can sit in different seat which was completely and thats how i got rid of that old lady . then i wake up just an hours before landing . in my first look i dint like i do believe england is more greenish . i dint find any greenery in canada it was looking horibal . reached calgary airport which was not at all busy so i managed to reach to immigration counter . there were only two three person standing when u walk towards immigration they greet you but immigration staff i dint find them friendly at all . only the chinese looking man at custom was nice he greeted and talked friendly . i do believe england has much better customer service . its immigration officer gave me entry and show me a way i have to go and meet another immigration officer who quickly full fill my forms . and then custom it took 5 minutes my wifi was jumping out side that long wait came to end reached home where my wifi arranged a surprise party for me . one more thing that airtansit airline worth for that money seriously . i am happy .. wish u best of luck all .

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Welcome to Canada! I believe that you won't regret

zaig said:
good after noon every one . i had to pack up my laugage so i couldnt sleep whole night . so i reached airport at 7 o clock . boding and every thing done quickly then i decided to hang around in duty free shops. suddenly i heard my name in speakers that my flight is waiting for me if i don't reach in 10 minutes to gate 38 i will be left . what an ediot you are i know all you will say caz i said myself same . i run towards flight and made in time there was an old lady sitting next to me and she said furiously oh it was you caz of whom we were getting late .i got my self settled on seat at the same time crew member came and requested me if i can sit in different seat which was completely and thats how i got rid of that old lady . then i wake up just an hours before landing . in my first look i dint like i do believe england is more greenish . i dint find any greenery in canada it was looking horibal . reached calgary airport which was not at all busy so i managed to reach to immigration counter . there were only two three person standing when u walk towards immigration they greet you but immigration staff i dint find them friendly at all . only the chinese looking man at custom was nice he greeted and talked friendly . i do believe england has much better customer service . its immigration officer gave me entry and show me a way i have to go and meet another immigration officer who quickly full fill my forms . and then custom it took 5 minutes my wifi was jumping out side that long wait came to end reached home where my wifi arranged a surprise party for me . one more thing that airtansit airline worth for that money seriously . i am happy .. wish u best of luck all .

ShaunT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2011
Hi all.

Another date for pinklady to update.

I just checked the application status today and I am noe "in process" I suspect this was updated Friday 23rd.

:D

Good Luck all!