+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chrischris said:
Got an email yesterday - they want me to give them an RCMP police certificate! So after waiting two months for their own police checks to come in they've decided that still wasn't enough and I have to get the fingerprinted version. I really wish they'd just asked for that straight off the bat when they first looked at the file in September.

Thankfully, I applied for an RCMP certificate back in July when I last visited Canada, in anticipation of the possibility of them doing this, so that's going in the post to the visa office today. I just hope the fact that it's now four months old won't worry them. I've confirmed that I haven't visited Canada since so I expect they'll be ok with it.

It drags on..... Meanwhile it's nearly a third of a year since I saw my wife.
well that sucks! good forsight to have it done already though....I cant imagine they really will want everyone who stayed in Canada to get one of these surely, Im living in England - can you get one done from over here? it will be a nightmare for me if you cant! ....

Hope they accept it and you hear some good news fast!!

chrischris

Star Member
Mar 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
21-06-2011
Med's Done....
09-05-2011
You can get one done from here *reasonably* quickly, but it's expensive and convoluted, which I why I opted to "risk" $80 and get one done easily in person when I visited Canada. Would strongly recommend if you're planning to visit Canada soon to get it done there. If not, then you might want to order the fingerprint form ahead of time from the RCMP now, just in case. You have to request it by email and it doesn't cost anything.

Let me know if you need more details on what to do - I looked into all this months ago.

AnnaMcG said:
well that sucks! good forsight to have it done already though....I cant imagine they really will want everyone who stayed in Canada to get one of these surely, Im living in England - can you get one done from over here? it will be a nightmare for me if you cant! ....

Hope they accept it and you hear some good news fast!!

mittens

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011
well i've been SULKING BIG TIME!!!! as still stuck in no mans land
but i have come out of the sulky cornere to offer some encouragement to my fellow sufferer chrischris

beggars belief that they wait till yr check comes back clear BEFORE they then ask for something else...
so smart that you forked out the 80 bucks...and i HOPE they have the common sense not to bother about the 4mths after all if they'd have asked for it before they would have had it before right!?! LOL
BEST OF BL**DY BRITISH!! i am rooting for you, i will be happy that you get good news first as you've been apart from your beloved for too long now.... :(

in my not so interesting, long-suffering saga london have very kindly offered me an extra 45 days to twist ex hubbys arm (yes i said arm heh)to sign the NEW IMPROVED consent form :eek:
am in limbo here, no job, no health care, nadda

shower me with pity...or chocolate will do

bealily

Jul 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 29,2011
File Transfer...
October 11, 2011
Passport Req..
January 9, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
February 15, 2012
chrischris said:
Got an email yesterday - they want me to give them an RCMP police certificate! So after waiting two months for their own police checks to come in they've decided that still wasn't enough and I have to get the fingerprinted version. I really wish they'd just asked for that straight off the bat when they first looked at the file in September.

Thankfully, I applied for an RCMP certificate back in July when I last visited Canada, in anticipation of the possibility of them doing this, so that's going in the post to the visa office today. I just hope the fact that it's now four months old won't worry them. I've confirmed that I haven't visited Canada since so I expect they'll be ok with it.

It drags on..... Meanwhile it's nearly a third of a year since I saw my wife.
I agree with AnnaMcG, that sucks!! I´m sorry you have to wait so long for this.

I´m more worried now about me having to have one done too. Luckily I´m in Canada now so it shouldn´t be to difficult for me to get it done I hope.

Y

yameen

Oh that sucks. Why cant they just ask for everythin at once instead of after months and months.
We still waiting and waiting. Im guessing ill have to wait a bit maybe another several months.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
thelaughingcow said:
Hi all,

Joined the waiting game myself now. Could someone add me to the spreadsheet please.

Sent 17 Oct
Recd 25 Oct
I have now added you.
Welcome to the London thread! :)

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chrischris said:
You can get one done from here *reasonably* quickly, but it's expensive and convoluted, which I why I opted to "risk" $80 and get one done easily in person when I visited Canada. Would strongly recommend if you're planning to visit Canada soon to get it done there. If not, then you might want to order the fingerprint form ahead of time from the RCMP now, just in case. You have to request it by email and it doesn't cost anything.

Let me know if you need more details on what to do - I looked into all this months ago.
Thanks chrischris, I shall look into it, we werent planning on going back to Canada until we received the visa through, so I will look into doing it here....hopefully its not crazy expensive :s

Has anyone else had this requested? Or do you think its a random choice of who they ask for who've lived in Canada? (sorry for terrible grammar haha)

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mittens said:
well i've been SULKING BIG TIME!!!! as still stuck in no mans land
but i have come out of the sulky cornere to offer some encouragement to my fellow sufferer chrischris

beggars belief that they wait till yr check comes back clear BEFORE they then ask for something else...
so smart that you forked out the 80 bucks...and i HOPE they have the common sense not to bother about the 4mths after all if they'd have asked for it before they would have had it before right!?! LOL
BEST OF BL**DY BRITISH!! i am rooting for you, i will be happy that you get good news first as you've been apart from your beloved for too long now.... :(

in my not so interesting, long-suffering saga london have very kindly offered me an extra 45 days to twist ex hubbys arm (yes i said arm heh)to sign the NEW IMPROVED consent form :eek:
am in limbo here, no job, no health care, nadda

shower me with pity...or chocolate will do

Lol mittens, you're always waiting to hear some good news on here arent you....I send you a virtual box of whatever nice chocs you want, and a BIG BOTTLE OF WHISKY :), only because Id like to see a drunk mittens rant come up next :)

JenB

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Whistler!
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 17th 2011
Passport Req..
October 27th 2011
AnnaMcG said:
Thanks chrischris, I shall look into it, we werent planning on going back to Canada until we received the visa through, so I will look into doing it here....hopefully its not crazy expensive :s

Has anyone else had this requested? Or do you think its a random choice of who they ask for who've lived in Canada? (sorry for terrible grammar haha)
From the sounds of it it must be random! I live in Canada and have done For the last four years and they didnt need an RCMP check for me, might have something to do with what province you lived in? I'm in bc!
Good luck to everyone still waiting, I keep checking back to see if anyone has had good news!

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JenB said:
From the sounds of it it must be random! I live in Canada and have done For the last four years and they didnt need an RCMP check for me, might have something to do with what province you lived in? I'm in bc!
Good luck to everyone still waiting, I keep checking back to see if anyone has had good news!
oooh ok! I was living in BC too so maybe they wont ask! :)

essex0227

Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th August 2011
File Transfer...
12th October 2011
Med's Request
Received 17th October 2011
Med's Done....
2nd August 2011
Interview........
Waivered
Passport Req..
18th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
6th December 2011
LANDED..........
14th June 2012
I lived in Ontario and i didnt get asked for one either.
Maybe its easier to clear a womans name as she would have both married name and maiden name, where as men just have to one name??
Just a thought :)

chrischris

Star Member
Mar 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
21-06-2011
Med's Done....
09-05-2011
AnnaMcG said:
oooh ok! I was living in BC too so maybe they wont ask! :)
...I'm afraid to tell you it was BC I lived in also!

essex0227

Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th August 2011
File Transfer...
12th October 2011
Med's Request
Received 17th October 2011
Med's Done....
2nd August 2011
Interview........
Waivered
Passport Req..
18th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
6th December 2011
LANDED..........
14th June 2012
Hey i know it says 6 weeks for passsports but do we have any sort of idea how long its taking at the minute?
I have everything crossed that its b4 chirstmas :)

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
essex0227 said:
Hey i know it says 6 weeks for passsports but do we have any sort of idea how long its taking at the minute?
I have everything crossed that its b4 chirstmas :)
Took about 3 weeks for mine