+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

BT1975

Jul 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mailed 18-10-2011/ Filed at CPC 02-11-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2011
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
15-10-2011
Congrats guys! The applications are moving along!

I'm just at the beginning of my wait but scooch over and hand me a glass of merlot :)

alasken

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
So I sent my passport to London a while ago. I was in Quebec at the time, and used regular speed Canada Post registered mail. It was trackable, and needs a signature to be picked up. The latest update I have is 21 Oct when my package left Canada. I am fairly certain I've read before that you can only track the packages within Canada with Canada Post. Is that correct? Does that mean I won't get a confirmation when the package gets signed for? Starting to worry here, so I'll be calling Canada Post in a bit, but am also wondering if anyone here has similar experiences?

lesleyaddy

Nov 1, 2011
pinklady said:
Hi Lesley,

Welcome to the forum! Have a look at my spreadsheet, link is below, and it will show you timelines of different people who have also gone through the London office. Average seems to be about 120 days total (although that has gone up recently with the delays at Mississauga).
Would you mind if I added you to the spreadsheet?

Don't worry about being accepted as a sponsor, plenty of other people are in the same boat as you, Louise86 for one :)

Good luck!

Hi PinkLady,

Dont mind at all if you add me. I sent our application off on MOnday 31st October :) Hope its a smoorth and quick as can be process

xx

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Jeri27 said:
Please add me to the list :)

Sent Application: Aug 16, 2011
Application Received: Aug 17th, 2011
Received Letter from CIC-Mississauaga: Oct 31, 2011 *Approved & transferred to London*
Hi Jeri, I have now added you to the spreadsheet. Can you tell me when the letter was dated?
Thanks!

lesleyaddy said:
Hi PinkLady,

Dont mind at all if you add me. I sent our application off on MOnday 31st October :) Hope its a smoorth and quick as can be process

xx
Hi!
I have now added you to the spreadsheet, will you let me know when Mississauga receive the application?
Thank you!

johnpollard

Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-2011
File Transfer...
27-Jun-2011
Passport Req..
who knows!
*** hears a letter land on the doormat, pushes the almost empty chinese take-away containers under the sofa, and stumbles to the door as a result of enjoying too much of the Chilean Merlot ***

At last! A request for passport!!! ;D :eek: ;D :eek: ;D

Came with a note stating that the request was originally sent via e-mail on 30th Aug. Don't know what address they used! Anyway it's here. It took an email enquiry from us and a letter from our MP to the High Comissionier, and just in time too as the 60 days were almost up.

Thanks for support, Merlot, and advice (especially pinklady :D)

Things are in a whirlwind at the moment - moving house, shipping coming on Friday, booking flights, but will keep you up to date, including landing.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Oh my goodness!!! Amazing news!
What a pain that you could've had it 2 months ago, sheesh!! But at least its here now!
YEY!!!! :)

What date would you like me to put on the spreadsheet for the PPR?

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
johnpollard said:
*** hears a letter land on the doormat, pushes the almost empty chinese take-away containers under the sofa, and stumbles to the door as a result of enjoying too much of the Chilean Merlot ***

Came with a note stating that the request was originally sent via e-mail on 30th Aug. Don't know what address they used! Anyway it's here. It took an email enquiry from us and a letter from our MP to the High Comissionier, and just in time too as the 60 days were almost up.

Things are in a whirlwind at the moment - moving house, shipping coming on Friday, booking flights, but will keep you up to date, including landing.
MASSIVE congrats!

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
I'm getting really upset now with all the wrong email addys etc that London puts people through. :mad:

Louise86

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2011
AOR Received.
15-12-11
File Transfer...
13-01-12
Med's Done....
12/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-03-12 (Decision Made)
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-12 (COPR arrived in post)
LANDED..........
Landing on 28/05/2012
Congratulations! Amazing news :)

alasken

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
Congrats!! Feels grrreat, EH!

Jeri27

Star Member
Nov 17, 2010
johnpollard said:

Congratz!

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yameen said:
Mittens might need bigger couch
>>>>>>>>> continues to sob and pout wails. sniffle hiccup.
I want to join this couch and im not even in such a dire state as you guys lol....Ill add some wine :)

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi PinkLady :)

I think Missiguaugauauaa (I cant even be bothered to try and spell correctly now the application has been sent off)...received our application on 24th October according to the Royal Mail postal online thing (which I was told wouldnt be able to track it..)dont know how accurate it really is but Im thinking it got there okay!

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
johnpollard said:

Many congratulations!!!!! Fantastic news for you :D

alasken

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Passport Req..
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
15-11-2011
Bah I'm getting worried again now. Just got off the phone with Canada Post and they said the tracking information is very up-to-date, even internationally. She said the next thing that would come up for me would be the date when it enters the UK. She then asked if it was sent by surface or by air, and I really don't know. All I know is I was told it would arrive in 5-7 days and I sent it on October 20. She then told me that by air it takes 6-10 days while by surface it takes 4-6 weeks. I really really really hope they didn't screw this up and sent it by surface cause it would completely screw me over. I sent it from Quebec, and the lady at the post office could barely speak english so I am really scared that she messed up. And I thought all the painful waiting was over once I got the PPR! :( :( :( :( :( :(