+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

UkGary

Oct 11, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2011
Med's Done....
03-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2012 (COPR)
Hello, just worried that I may have made a error on my application. On Appendix C it asks you to enter the name of the Visa office that will be processing the file. At the time I had no idea what "processing the file" meant but I knew I was sending everything to Mississauga and was under the impression that everything was going to be processed there, so I entered Mississauga to answer the above.
To enter London did cross my mind but I thought since the medical results were going to be sent to London anyway they probably were just wanting to know where to forward the results onto.

Just wondering if anyone knows if this will cause a major delay? And if anyone else did what I did?

When applying there was a lot of information to read though and sometimes I felt that some of it was conflicting what other parts said. For example with regards to the above, on appendix C it says at the top "for applications processed outside Canada" but then is tells me to send everything to Mississauga so I was unsure at the time where my application was going to be processed and Mississauga made the most sense.

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
UkGary said:
Hi All, my wife and I have just sent our application to Mississauga on the 8th. Wish us Luck! ;)
good luck!

MDSB

Feb 16, 2011
Scotland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2011
AOR Received.
28-07-2011
File Transfer...
13-07-2011
Med's Done....
16-05-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2011
magpie29 said:
London is continuing to roll ... my husband received his passport request via email today! :)
congrats! :D

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
UkGary said:
Hello, just worried that I may have made a error on my application. On Appendix C it asks you to enter the name of the Visa office that will be processing the file. At the time I had no idea what "processing the file" meant but I knew I was sending everything to Mississauga and was under the impression that everything was going to be processed there, so I entered Mississauga to answer the above.
To enter London did cross my mind but I thought since the medical results were going to be sent to London anyway they probably were just wanting to know where to forward the results onto.

Just wondering if anyone knows if this will cause a major delay? And if anyone else did what I did?

When applying there was a lot of information to read though and sometimes I felt that some of it was conflicting what other parts said. For example with regards to the above, on appendix C it says at the top "for applications processed outside Canada" but then is tells me to send everything to Mississauga so I was unsure at the time where my application was going to be processed and Mississauga made the most sense.
Doesn't sound like a major mistake to me, I should think that Mississauga can easily just change it to London. But then again, who knows, they seem to complicate things a lot of the time. Why don't you send an email to them (or a courier letter) explaining the issue, write your name etc and the date you mailed your application.

To those of you who haven't filled out your application yet: read all the instructions carefully before you even start, because like Gary said, sometimes they sound like they contradict themselves. (I 'studied' the guides very well before I started filling out the application..)

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone!

We're sending everything off tomorrow - eek! Just a question about presentation and the bar code thing - is it okay to put all the forms in plastic folders? And on the cic website it says to put the barcode page on each individual package....does that mean we have to put a copy of the barcode page on every seperate plastic folder? (we have about 6 so its not a big deal), just want to make sure Im reading it correctly!

thanks everyone! cant wait to get it sent off :p

Daisies

Star Member
Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2011
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-08-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Passport Req..
COPR 20-01-2012
AnnaMcG said:
Hi everyone!

We're sending everything off tomorrow - eek! Just a question about presentation and the bar code thing - is it okay to put all the forms in plastic folders? And on the cic website it says to put the barcode page on each individual package....does that mean we have to put a copy of the barcode page on every seperate plastic folder? (we have about 6 so its not a big deal), just want to make sure Im reading it correctly!

thanks everyone! cant wait to get it sent off :p
How exciting for you! What barcode? Ya mean the payment page? I put all my sponsor papers in one folder and all the immigrant papers in another. I don't remember which one got the payment paper.

essex0227

Apr 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th August 2011
File Transfer...
12th October 2011
Med's Request
Received 17th October 2011
Med's Done....
2nd August 2011
Interview........
Waivered
Passport Req..
18th November 2011
VISA ISSUED...
6th December 2011
LANDED..........
14th June 2012
Pinklady can you update the sheet we got our email approval today im so happy right now.
Now just to see if im goot enough to move to wonderful Canada lol. ;D

mittens

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011
congratulations to all you london movers and shakers!!! :D

so happy things are moving along for lots of us
but i have now got little nervous butterflies in me tummy
why oh why haven't we had our PPR yet?

*sigh*

:'(

harshanimrani

Star Member
Sep 3, 2011
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2008
Med's Request
03-03-2011
Med's Done....
23-04-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-OCTOBER-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-OCTOBER-2011
LANDED..........
with gold blessings very soon 2012
mittens said:
congratulations to all you london movers and shakers!!! :D

so happy things are moving along for lots of us
but i have now got little nervous butterflies in me tummy
why oh why haven't we had our PPR yet?

*sigh*

:'(

send them email specific inquiry about Ur ppr?

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
essex0227 said:
Pinklady can you update the sheet we got our email approval today im so happy right now.
Now just to see if im goot enough to move to wonderful Canada lol. ;D
Updated :)

Yasiin

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
30-08-2011
Med's Request
18-05-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
26-01-2012
Passport Req..
02-08-2012 (London vo recieved passport 06-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2012
LANDED..........
13-09-2012 (PR card came in the mail on 14-11-2012)
Hi everyone

I have one general question. When you check the ecas, when does it turn into ''In process'' after your file has been recieved by London vo.? How do you know when the application is in process? The status of my application has been the same since it's transferred to London which was August 30th 2011 and when i check the status it only says ''we recieved your PR application on 30th of june 2011. They have only updated my home address.

Your comment on this is appreciated

Thank you in advance
Yasiin

AnnaMcG

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Daisies said:
How exciting for you! What barcode? Ya mean the payment page? I put all my sponsor papers in one folder and all the immigrant papers in another. I don't remember which one got the payment paper.
No its when you do the generic application form online and click "validate" it produces a page of barcodes and on the guidelines it says 'Place the barcode page on the top of each individual package'....

Not quite sure - anyone with any thoughts?

chrischris

Star Member
Mar 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
21-06-2011
Med's Done....
09-05-2011
Hi Yaseen - basically there isn't an answer. Some people get "in process" and the PPR shortly thereafter, some get "in process" and wait ages still for the PPR, and yet others receive the PPR without the status ever having been updated. I think it really depends on your case officer and if/when they feel like updating ecas.

Like Mittens, I'm increasingly frustrated by the lack of progress and wondering what they're doing that's delaying my PPR, which is now well above the average time on pinklady's spreadsheet. We've ordered a copy of the CAIPS notes to see if that sheds any light on things. Such a shame - I really thought my application would be straightforward- we have a clear and genuine relationship history, no dependents, no criminal records, no travel to suspicious places or bad financial history, and fully able to support ourselves and contribute to Canadian society. I really can't think what there is for them to fuss about.

Yasiin said:
Hi everyone

I have one general question. When you check the ecas, when does it turn into ''In process'' after your file has been recieved by London vo.? How do you know when the application is in process? The status of my application has been the same since it's transferred to London which was August 30th 2011 and when i check the status it only says ''we recieved your PR application on 30th of june 2011. They have only updated my home address.

Your comment on this is appreciated

Thank you in advance
Yasiin

lnl

Mar 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-10
AOR Received.
09-02-11
Med's Done....
18-11-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-11
LANDED..........
31-08-11
morning said:
Thanks for the information, I will check the website out.
Was it terribly expensive!!

Morning
We used robinsons international removals, came and packed everything up, stored for 10 months lol and shipped over, they were the best quote I had and great customer service. Definitely worth dealing with :)

mittens

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011
hi chrischris, i feel your pain!
i've been ok till people behind us have PPR
now i'm anxious as to what the delay is...
anyways let me know how you get on :)